Tools    

The trick is not minding
Miles Gaskin 0.30
Odell Beckham Jr 4.10
Travis Kelce 4.30
I did not win this week.
Have you seen my scores?
Man, what a slaughter.
Oh well, must move on and go no worse then 7-3 the rest of the way to insure a playoff spot

Let the night air cool you off
I'm the only player in the league that's scored 120+ each week of the season. It turns out that both Derrick Henry and Patrick Mahomes are awesome.

The trick is not minding
I'm the only player in the league that's scored 120+ each week of the season. It turns out that both Derrick Henry and Patrick Mahomes are awesome.
Yeah. Didn’t your draft get graded a D? That was a head scratcher. Mahomes and Henry are both capable of keeping you in games.

Yeah. Didn’t your draft get graded a D? That was a head scratcher. Mahomes and Henry are both capable of keeping you in games.
D+

I should have autodrafted it said.

There is still plenty of time for the wheels to fall off. I have a pretty glaring lack of depth at RB, so I'm employing the double-handcuff technique.

The Chargers tried to make it interesting, but despite Herbert's three touchdown passes on MNF it wasn't enough for Yoda's squad to catch me and I outlasted him by eight points. He remains winless and I move from eleventh place into...eleventh place. Woo-frickin'-hoo.

Deebo's day was magnificent in the loss to Seattle and was absolutely the difference between my winning and losing. What are the odds he can get me 30+ points every week? Slim. Which puts my chances of winning games, without some outlier explosion every now and then, back to much less than good.

Chase Edmonds had his first productive outing in the slaughter of The Rams, though his 139 yards of offense came without a TD which would have made it an amazing day. Antonio Gibson had a second good outing in a row, too. If those top two RBs can actually start producing every week I will have a shot at being mildly competitive. If they go back to what they were doing the first couple weeks...oy. The Ravens named Latavius Murray their starter in their never-ending revolving door of a backfield so I started him and was rewarded with a touchdown. Lamar had a good game, though only one TD. He has yet to have one of those run for 98 yards and two TDs plus throw for 290 and two more games that he routinely rolled out during his MVP campaign a couple seasons back. But he is getting closer.

My most reliable player and my top draft pick, Davante Adams, had an uncharacteristically quiet day in the Green Bay rout of Pittsburgh. Hopefully that is his one and only negative blip on the season. Two TD passes to Randall Cobb?!? Come on, Rodgers, don't f*ck with me. I am hoping for a shoot out with Cincinnati in Week Five. The biggest blight in my lineup continues to be George Kittle. Win or lose, Kittle simply hasn't been the explosive force for San Francisco that he had been. He did see plenty of targets last week at eleven, so if that trend continues and he can get to seven or eight balls a game again, plus tack on those magnificent YACs, maybe the rest of the way he will turn out to be worth my third overall pick? So far I am getting more production out of my kickers than I am from one of the supposedly elite TEs in the league.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Oh, and looking forward to Week Five my wife and I will be in attendance at the MNF game, hopefully as I cheer on Lamar Jackson going off in full nuclear mode against Ursay's Leave-in-the-Middle-of-the-Snowy-Nighters.

No, Baltimore still hasn't forgiven them.

Cooper Cupp and Terry McLaurin are threatening to make me write a buddy cop movie for them if they keep carrying me this year.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Didn't realize until this morning Deebo apparently scored a super long TD on busted coverage, which was easily more than the margin of loss this week.

Anyway, looked around historically, and while the precedent for an 0-4 start isn't great (duh), it's not impossible. Two people started 0-4 and made the playoffs: seanc in 2013 (finished 7-6) and Dex in 2010 (finished 8-3, the #5 seed).

PW went 0-3 in 2009 and finished as the #3 seed, and 0-5 in 2015 and just missed the playoffs. And most recently Spaulding went 1-4 in 2016 and made the MoFo Bowl.

Yoda is 0-4 and yet I'm not confident at all up against him. He's got some studs who have had quiet games which makes me believe they are all gonna breakout against me. Fingers crossed for Mahomes and Henry to have 40 point games to mitigate that.

Yeah, I think we're a pretty even matchup right now. Record is definitely misleading, because:

a) lost with 120 points last week
b) specifically drafted Barkley with the idea he would start slow
c) Robinson was terrible for two weeks and has been great for two since

That and swapping in breakout guys like Chase and Cooks for underperforming guys like Jones and Robinson.

Should be a good match.

Didn't realize until this morning Deebo apparently scored a super long TD on busted coverage, which was easily more than the margin of loss this week.
Oh, yes. A 76-yarder. It wasn't even like a pick or movement on the line, whoever was supposed to cover him just plain never showed up. It was embarrassing.

A system of cells interlinked
Note: Players on Lights Kamara Action are not allowed to have "Personal Issues."

That is all.

Man, was just reading something on Chris Carson. His career may be over. That's sad.

The trick is not minding
Man, was just reading something on Chris Carson. His career may be over. That's sad.
Wow. I read he had a neck injury, but they were being cagey about its severity.
That’s a shame.
This also would leave me a little thin at RB if true.

He's definitely not playing tonight. It's a bummer. Sounds to me like the damage is done. Now he has to decide if he wants to be able to use his neck, like after football. I wouldn't be shocked if he calls it a career.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I moved him to my bench for the first time this year because I didn’t expect him to play.
This is why I picked up CP from waivers, though.
I may start fishing around some of my WR in a trade for a RB, though, depending on Carson’s diagnosis.

The trick is not minding
Injuries starting to creep up. I get Higgins back after 2 weeks out, only to be without Carson for this week, maybe more?
Thankfully, neither are huge, such as when I lost Mostert, Chubb, Goedert, Brees and Minshew are various points together last year.
Could be worse….could be Holden.

I broke 60!
It’s the little things…..
At least your terrible week coincided with me having an amazing week. I find it much more frustrating to score 120+ in a loss than to get blown out.

I noticed that our playoffs are now weeks 15-17. I'm okay with that since a few NFL teams are on a bye in week 14. Just curious if @Yoda made the change or if this is the new Yahoo default.

I noticed that our playoffs are now weeks 15-17. I'm okay with that since a few NFL teams are on a bye in week 14. Just curious if @Yoda made the change or if this is the new Yahoo default.
I think it's the new default? I know I brought it up in the thread at the time, but I think this was the closest analogue to what we had before: everything just pushed back one week to account for the 14th game, but still ending before the final week (which is 18 now), since that's always kinda stupid.