What's the one movie you wish you could see in theaters?

Tools    

i wishi coulda seen scarface in theatres. taht woulda been cool

I live by a theater in LA that plays lots of old movies
Lucky you, Carnival Corpse.

The King of Movies
It would either be a horror film or an action. Dramas and Comedies give you the same experiance were ever you watch them.

So it would be either the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre or Shoot 'Em Up.

Welcome to the human race...
I actually got to see this in theatres twice last month. It's very much worth it.

Anyway, my current answer (because these things are subject to change, after all...) - see if you can guess from the pictures...

Dramas and Comedies give you the same experiance were ever you watch them.
Whilst I understand where you're coming from, you have to admit that there are exceptions. Almost anything directed by Lean, Welles or Kubrick for a start.

Oh yes, I forgot. But as he gets older that'll probably change and then he can recall my post.... Because my posts are that life changing.

Besides, there's been a few 'new' dramas that are better on the big screen. Saving Private Ryan, The Perfect Storm, Unforgiven to name a few.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Oh yes, I forgot. But as he gets older that'll probably change and then he can recall my post.... Because my posts are that life changing.

Besides, there's been a few 'new' dramas that are better on the big screen. Saving Private Ryan, The Perfect Storm, Unforgiven to name a few.
That's all true, but maybe those all qualify as "action".

That's all true, but maybe those all qualify as "action".
I wouldn't personally categorise them that way, especially Unforgiven, but I can see where you're coming from. I wouldn't say that "Action" was the main category for any of them though, would you mark?

I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as actually being present at Woodstock, but the documentary on the big screen appeals to me.

I was watching some of this the other day and thought that if it were seen in theaters instead of on my crappy ass tv it would truly be an experience. Pretty long though.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as actually being present at Woodstock, but the documentary on the big screen appeals to me.

I was watching some of this the other day and thought that if it were seen in theaters instead of on my crappy ass tv it would truly be an experience. Pretty long though.

Theres some new movie called Earth and its like planet earth.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I'll go for The golden Compass.. I really really want to see it in the big screen.. I mean its special effects... Plus I want to see the X-men movie series.

Re: What's the one movie you wish you could see in theaters?

Narrowed it down to three.

It's the best I could do.
  1. Zulu
  2. Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  3. Wizard of Oz
YES!!! i haven't seen the original... But i saw the remake.... it was really good!!! And i think the wizard of Oz would be a pretty good movie 2 watch on the big screen!!! i dnt no wat zulu is..... but good job mentioning those other 2!!1

These days, the only wish I have to have seen certain movies in the theatres that are no longer in theatres, are ones that were movies that I would've loved to have seen at the time they were first released. Either because of the impact they had to the general theatre going experience or because of the impact that they might've had on my memories when I first began going to the theatre.
If that fits into the category of this thread, then here are my top 5 flicks I wish could've seen back in the day:

5. Jaws
My childhood memories of summers are filled with the major summer hits of that particular year, & being that Jaws is considered the first blockbuster ever, I can only imagine how ingrained that year must be for those fortunate enough to have first experienced this sucker on the silver screen.
Lucky bastards.

4. Alien
While I had started going to the theaters when this one was released, I was still too young to be allowed to watch it. I remember as kid, though, watching the preview (the one that just portayed the "egg" cracking, followed by "In space, no one can hera you scream" tag) & thinking, "Wow. If they do this right, this could be a great sci-fi/horror mix". Years laters, when I finally got to see it, not only did they do the sci/fi mix right, they did it perfect.
Blast those annoying age-restrictions.

3. Star Wars
Teh nehhh
teh neh neh nehh nehhhhh
teh neh neh nehh nehhhhh
teh neh neh nehhhhhhhh
teh nehhh
teh neh neh nehh nehhhhh
teh neh neh nehh nehhhhh
teh neh neh nehhhhhhhh....

The theme song that not only changed the way sci-fi movies would be approached for the future, but also changed the lives of many a hardcore nerd (not to mention, their ability to get laid), including myself.
Two of my fave summers were the years that I saw Empire & Return Of The Jedi at the theatres. Had I had the opportunity to watch this one when it was intially released, my brain would then emcompass a trifecta of perfect childhood memories.
Cuz, even upon initial viewing, even the most ardent non-fan would've been able to sense that the Force is strong in this one.

2. Close Encounters Of The 3rd. Kind
Not only is this my favorite sci-fi film of all time, but it also ranks as my 3rd. favorite movie of any genre, ever. Even as a kid, I so impressed with the "realism" that this movie approached the idea of being visited by aliens, that I found myself wishing that an a UFO would actually come down & fly my then little pimp-ass away into the limitless potential of space.

Sans anal-probes, of course.

1. The Exorcist
Before I ever saw this film, I remember as a kid seeing a preview of this on T.V.. It showed the part where the girl was having those weird "sit-up" seizures on the bed, crying for help as it shook. Just that one viewing made me scared as hell to go upstairs to my f#ckin' bedroom that night. I was probably still too young when I finally got to view the whole thing (I don't remember too well, but I think it might've been on HBO), cuz as much as I loved it, I truly feel that The Exorcist really traumatized my young mind something awful. If I'd seen this on a theatre-screen at a time when such graphic & realistic depictions of satanic possession were unheard of, I'm almost positive that I'd be even more effed up now than I already am.
And that would just be so effin' cool.

5. Leon: The Professional

The entire ending sequence to this would've been great to see in theaters. It also would've given me the chance to see it 14 years before I finally got around to seeing it.

4. Donnie Darko

The movie theater scene and the shots of the portal would've been quite amazing to see on the big screen.

3. Jaws

The last 30 minutes of the movie may have had the chance of being one of the greatest movie theater experiences I've ever had. Too bad I was born 18 years after it came out, so I really have no chance of seeing this one in theaters.

2. Psycho

Techincally seeing this in theaters really wouldn't have much more affect on me than watching it on a DVD player, but if I saw this when it first came out, the shower scene would've had so much more of an impact on me.

1. Jurassic Park

This is still my favorite movie ever made, and if I had born a few years before I was, I would've had the chance of seeing this on the big screen. I saw all the sequels on the big screen and I loved them both after seeing it. I still hope one day I'll be able to watch this at a movie theater somehow.

Welcome to the human race...
MightyCelestial - I've seen Alien, Jaws and The Exorcist in theatres. Definitely a worthwhile experience for all three.