What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

Having a n3wt hoping he will be back soon

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Today I had a slight altercation with a woman in the college car park.
Every time I walk into college I notice that people have been parking on these lines beside the disabled parking spots. A girl in my class is in a wheelchair and she said that she can't get into or out of her car if anyone parks there and once she had to wait 4 hours after class to go home because someone was parked beside her. I asked and apparently it's illegal.
Yesterday, I went around the campus in a wheelchair finding all these problems my friend would have doing simple things like having lifts that are too small, ramps too steep and having the whole college located on a massive hill.
I saw this car parked in the place it shouldn't have been coming out today, and something inside me pure snapped. I left a note on car saying "Tut tut, naughty naughty. Don't be such an *******". The owner came out and started screaming at me and I explained about the situation with wheelchair users and she told me she got permission from security. I asked security about it and they said that she was making a delivery so I asked him about wheelchair users and I said I thought it was illegal to park there. He told me that I should just concentrate more on my studies.
Then the woman came over in her car and screamed at me for being abusive and I apologised, because I knew that I should've chosen more appropriate language. I tried to explain my reasoning but she just kept calling me abusive and asked me for my name and course.
I think they both thought they were talking to a 16 year old rather than an adult.
I feel really odd about the whole situation because I knew I was in the wrong, but they were too busy screaming and shouting to see why they were in the wrong too. I actually saw a parking spot, literally in the row facing her, four down from the top. I think she was trying to scare me by taking my details but I don't know if I can call her bluff. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Apparently where I live, the fine is higher for parking in the lined-off area than in the actual disabled parking spot.

The People's Republic of Clogher
As a blue badge holder, I salute you, young Miss Butterfly.

Something similar happened me a while back in Sprucefield car park:

I parked up in the disabled zone, put my blue badge on the dash and got out of the car. A man was helping a woman into a wheelchair from the car beside me and as I walked past him I heard him say "It's people like that who stop disabled people parking close to shops."

Being a mild-mannered sort of guy I walked up to him and asked him had he seen the ****ing badge on my dashboard and not everyone who carries them needs a wheelchair. He just stared uncomfortably into space so I took it as my cue to shout some more and use my mad finger pointing skillz.

It was only when I returned to my car that I noticed his car didn't have a badge displayed...

Some people.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Haha I didn't know you at a blue badge Tatty and some how I knew you'd be on my side

I kind of feel sorry for that guy though falling victim to your fury and 'mad finger pointing skillz'. Even thinking about it makes me shiver with fear!

Does that happen to you a lot because you're wheelchair-less?

I'm just going to be ragin' if I get punished and she can feel all high and mighty 'cus after all, what I did was inappropriate but what she did and what security allowed was illegal.

I really doubt if anything will happen to you because if she does anything, it'll just highlight that she was in the wrong to begin with.

I didn't realise until I found out I was eligible for a blue badge that it can be used in all sorts of cases and not obvious disabilities - heart trouble or asthma for example. Anything which limits how far you can walk, arthritis (and stuff) in my case.

I've only been challenged that once, probably because as my decrepitude has advanced I'm developing a wonderful limp. It needs perfecting, though, so it'll probably take me a few more years to finally get it right.

My cousin is a manager at a leisure centre in Scotland and he spends a surprisingly large amount of his working day trying to clear out the disabled parking spaces populated by thoughtless, thick people. Usually driving people carriers or 4x4s.

If you can't park those things in a normal sized space, don't buy them.

I'm just going to be ragin' if I get punished and she can feel all high and mighty 'cus after all, what I did was inappropriate but what she did and what security allowed was illegal.
Surely you won't be punished, and even if you are a few little posters around college publicising this woman's selfishness wouldn't go amiss

Just getting relaxing and recovering from deads and squats. About to watch Lost Highway in a bit, too. Finally got the 2 disc special edition for £3.99 off Play.com

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Watching Arone Sanchez hustling on Iron Chef as a challenger. He's a judge on another food network program "Chopped" often, and its always kinda neat to see the experts in action on the other side of things.

lucky for him he didn't draw bobby flay.

Spent £30 on a new Logitech mouse after the old one died during the week. Just plugged the old one in and it's now working perfectly. Arse and double arse.

I thought the wireless connection was dropping off on the old one so bought a wired in case something was interfering with it - the last time I made a (slightly, but for the purposes of this poor gag it'll have to do...) similar mistake was when the eldest's hamster died and I bought a gerbil (which had a set of nads on him which would be spacehopper size if scaled up to a human) as a replacement.

"Argh, it's got a tail! Take it away! Waaaa!" *

Anyone want a nearly (24hrs) new MX518?

The gerbil went back to the shop the next day, by the way.

* This was actually my wife's reaction. The eldest quite liked the little fella...

gonna fall in sleep ^^