What's the one movie you wish you could see in theaters?

Tools    

Well, since I've already seen Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen (twice), it's time to move on to the second-best movie of all time

Prospero's Books

Re: What's the one movie you wish you could see in theaters?

Narrowed it down to three.
It's the best I could do.
  1. Zulu
  2. Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  3. Wizard of Oz

Cloverfield is my choice. I watched it on DVD.. it would have been awesome to see in theaters!

Cloverfield is my choice. I watched it on DVD.. it would have been awesome to see in theaters!
Good choice. I saw Cloverfield in theaters during its opening weekend and it was pretty mind-blowing on the big screen. Now I own it on Blu-ray and it's still pretty mind-blowing.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

You want to post like me?
I saw Cloverfield at the theater too. Thought the filming was annoying. (Dude, you're running for your life and your understanding of existence is being shattered before your eyes - drop the freakin' camera!). Same thing with Blair Witch Project - can't stand it.

My choice would be The Lion King as a kid. It would have been magical.

Thanks mark. I think that most of the films that I'd want to see on a big screen, I want to see because of their scope and/or majesty. So films such as Gone With The Wind or Laurence Of Arabia just scream 'big screen'. Whereas the cinematography of Jaws is more subtle, but would (I'm sure) be just as impressive shown to it's potential as any of those epics.

Regarding the one movie that I'd personally love to see back in the theatres, on the great big, wide screen: Although there are other classic films that're fabulous on the great big, wide movie screen in real movie theatres, West Side Story is the ultimate for me in that respect! I think that West Side Story should be brought back to the movie theatres. I wonder if they'll do it in a couple of years, when the 50th Anniversary of this great, golden oldie-but-goody classic comes up. I hope so.

I live by a theater in LA that plays lots of old movies and have scene almost all the above mentioned movies, but tonight I finally get to see what I've always wanted to see in a theater. ISHTAR!!! I'm so excited I even lost sleep last night

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
The unrated version of Puppet Master. The one said was never really made. WEIRD! I'll have it soon.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Another movie I'd really like to see, doesn't have to be in the theatre, but it would certainly help, The Exorcist, the version initially released that was pulled due to it being so "scary."
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I would pay to see Seven Samurai on the big screen

i wish i could have seen the dark knight in theatres...my jerk friends went without me

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
I'm fortunate enough to live near by one of the most wonderful cinema The Astor Theatre that has shown most of the movies I love. One of my favourites would have to be Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961).

Oh and Rear Window (1954).

Harry Potter I guess

I would have liked to have seen all the 'Star Wars' on original release but i i can't add that to the list as i did see them all when they were re-released.
This is a tough call? I remember not getting into 'Dusk Til Dawn' which i was gutted about.
The one film i would love to see on a big screen:

AKIRA

Now that would be amazing!!
mermermer... panties on.

i wish i coulda seen 300

Alien or Jaws i think would have looked wicked on the big screen

Anarchist within reason
Alien definately. I 'd have also like to have watched Blade Runner and Unforgiven
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'