A V P

→ in
Tools    

Im not going purchase the director's cut just renting it and see what else they could do to make it either worse or better, but i highly doubt it can be better with just some blood and maybe more action, the people in the Movie didnt even look cold, that temple must be freezing with no heater!

film making extraordinaire
in jrs defense, at least he has good taste in movies. I also will stop posting here.

I'll toss in my two cents...stuff died good in AVP! But the predators seemed so....is craptacular a word?....is now!...I really thought they'd deal some big hurt to the aliens. A nice little action flick...bit short....I was really hoping that Lance Henriksen would die the way he did in Hard Target....I'm still laughing at that one...unscrews the fuse, sigh of relief, spark, "Wup" BOOM!....anyway...definitely not a buy...but worth seeing once.
"And I realized that not only did I not want to answer that question, but I never wanted to answer another water sports question or see any of these people again for the rest of my life."--Anthony from Bottle Rocket

Ya i agree The Predators sopposed to be tough and all
but they got their ass whooped by Aliens which is good news for Alien fans but not me...

l8r

they were dulled down, no denying that

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
!!Spoilers throughout!!

Alright, went and checked this out last night (just started playing on base in Japan Friday), and I have to admit that while it wasn't the best movie to come out of Hollywood, it did provide entertainment in that you see two icons of the 80's fighting it out on screen. Granted, this obstacle has already been tackled with Freddy vs. Jason, but it was still not a total waste of time.

I agree with some of you that the two of three predators got killed off quickly and pointlessly, but you have to remember that in the storyline (holy as it was), it mentioned that they were sent there to achieve manhood, so this doesn't mean that just because they were predators that they were invincible and impervious to everything, this simply means they weren't quote hot **** unquote.

Now, for the human characters, not even time to get interested in them, the ones that died in the sacrificial chamber, who were they again? No real development in that area, but then again, it's a horror/sci-fi movie, character development lacks greatly in most, but coming from two well-known backgrounds with somewhat better development in the characters, you would almost expect something that would attach you a little more to each of them.

This movie didn't slow down for anything, it was a pretty much "this is what I got, this is what you're gettin" kinda used car salesman-esque pitch. There was really no time allowed for any kind of development in anything. You knew the basics and good ole Anderson (You know that guy that directed the "should've been a B movie" Mortal Kombat) didn't feel that the human factor of the movie was imperative to get across to the audience.

The ending to this movie got me wondering, if an alien coming out of a predator is predator-like, then why doesn't an alien coming out of a human look quasi-human? It doesn't really make sense. But then again, there really isn't any answers for these questions, you just have to go in with the IQ of a 5 year old.

Bottom-line, this movie was ok, it wasn't spectacular, it didn't make me want to get all giddy and want to get back in line to see it again. Don't go in expecting the biggest blockbuster, expect a typical horror/sci-fi movie, cause that's all you're getting.

BTW,
Hi all, been gone for a while, just stopped in to say howdy!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by spudracer
!!Spoilers throughout!!

The ending to this movie got me wondering, if an alien coming out of a predator is predator-like, then why doesn't an alien coming out of a human look quasi-human? It doesn't really make sense. But then again, there really isn't any answers for these questions, you just have to go in with the IQ of a 5 year old.
the aliens have a DNA reflex that affects them during the gestation period, as the alien in Alien 3 was a quadruped, because it grew in a dog, or a cow(?), for those who saw the directors cut. Anyway, the drones are what come from Humans, and are in many ways, the most humanlike. And if any could be considered, Pure, and not affected by the hosts DNA, it would be Praetorians, as seen in the Games.

Originally Posted by Terminator734
Ya i agree The Predators sopposed to be tough and all
but they got their ass whooped by Aliens which is good news for Alien fans but not me...

l8r
Yeah I agree I wanted the Predators to kick the crap out of the aliens, seeing as I like Predator much better than the aliens series. Also the way in which it ended seem as though they will be another AVP on the way. But I must say that I enjoyed this film very much.

There are those who call me...Tim.
NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!
Just saw this today and I had a hell of a time. I admit that most of the time I was laughing AT it, not with it, though (am I the only one who kept imaging the Batman song whenever the predator and the woman ran in slow motion?).
The biggest problems, I thought, were that the first hour or so bored the hell out of me, and that the Predators were being killed too easily, especially when we see them taking on thousands of them during the short history lesson from the seemingly badly dubbed voiced Italian man. Also the script and acting were...bad, and at times the film was so dark and the action kept switching too different angles so quickly that I sometimes couldn't tell what the hell was going on.
Now, it may seem that I feel nothing but hate for this film, but I don't. The last 40 odd minutes were a lot of fun, and the special effects were quite good, and the film really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Overall, I'd give this film a score of...

To sum it all up, this film is bad, but it's bad enough that you will get a kick from laughing at the bad bits, and imagining it with the Batman theme everytime someone runs slowly continues to keep me chuckling.

I was very disappointed.

Another point, why didnt the predators in the ship help the predator on the ground if they were there all along at the end fight with the queen?

Im almost as disapointed with this as i was with T3, which i was disgusted with.

The real crippler for this movie was "friendly predators", whats andersons thing on this subject? He did the same with nemisis in RE2 (laughable as a film, insult if your a resi fan)

Originally Posted by roadkill_
I was very disappointed.

Another point, why didnt the predators in the ship help the predator on the ground if they were there all along at the end fight with the queen?
Yeah, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw that. Did they just feel like watching or something?

Im going to watch this movie tomorrow, and with all the bad things that have been said about it, I cant wait to see how bad it really is...

And Ash_Lee, I think I might just sing the Batman theme on the slow-motion sequences.

it's still in theaters??

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
The Preds in the ship didn't help because thats not what they were there for. It's a right of passage / proving yourself type thing for the preds on the ground so help from their mates wasn't an option. Same reason the Preds in P1 & P2 were allowed to get a kicking off of Dutch & Harrigan.

Originally Posted by The Sarge
The Preds in the ship didn't help because thats not what they were there for. It's a right of passage / proving yourself type thing for the preds on the ground so help from their mates wasn't an option. Same reason the Preds in P1 & P2 were allowed to get a kicking off of Dutch & Harrigan.
Yeah i later thought about that "fair fight" part. You could easily call this "alien park" Predator is also turned into harry the bigfoot outta harry and the hendersons, that scene with the pred running along with the human (in front of the flames) is the worst thing ive seen all year.

Originally Posted by The Sarge
Makes sense I suppose. Would've had a bit more credibility if they showed the ship landing instead of just revealing itself behind them.

that would've been cool, but they got the whole ship design all wrong, Predator 2 had it really close

I thought it was a great movie, the acting was ok, and the action was top of the range.....8/10 for me...

Well, it wasn't the worst of the Alien series, and it may well have been the best of the Predator series. Though it reminded me more of The Cube and Thir13en Ghosts (the weird shifting maze) than any of the above. The plot and acting were even worse than expected, and it would have benefitted a little bit from more violence; but the cheesy little Alien hyroglyphics were great. I could just see some Israelite slave carving out those Alien reliefs with a chisel - the image got a nice hearty chuckle from this walking eyeball.

Contained the most inappropriate romantic sub plot i thought....
<spoiler>

how did the other Predators not see in the Alien growing inside the final Pred?