Where do you get your movies?

Tools    

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Just wondering were everyone purchases or views their movies from. Does everybody stream now or?

I get a lot of dvds from garage sales and swap meets.

Occasionally I buy from dimple records and eBay when I really want something hard to find.

I also have recently found out about the libraries catalog so I'm pretty happy with life 😃

Lets just say that the majority of my movie viewing is through sites that can be described as less than legitimate.

If I buy a movie, I do it through Amazon though I usually just add movies I want to my wish list and hope someone else buys them for me.

For just watching movies, I use my library a lot, also have Amazon Prime streaming, Netflix, HBO, and occasionally will watch on YouTube.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I buy almost all of my DVDs at garage sales and flea markets because I can usually get them for $1 or less. The movies and TV shows that I want, but I can't find that cheap, I either wait for Black Friday sales, or I wait for them to go on down to a good price. I rarely spend more than $3 for a single disc movie, (sometimes around $5 or $6 for a new Blu-Ray disc), or $10 for a TV show box set.

I get some from the dvd shelving but more from various other drawers, shelves and storage locations around the house. I also stream occasionally but generally only from 'safe' sites such as IA, YT or even more rarely NF.

Oh for a library that I could easily access, even if not directly across the road
Then again, I do quite enjoy the online 'hunt' where I'll patiently wait years sometimes for something to dip to a price-point I'm ok with.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Pretty much wherever I find what I'm looking for or what interests me. Typically Walmart, Best Buy, or Target. Goodwill and other thrift stores usually offer up some pretty cool finds as well. As for streaming, Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll, and Vudu.

Based on the truth.. and lies.
Then again, I do quite enjoy the online 'hunt' where I'll patiently wait years sometimes for something to dip to a price-point I'm ok with.
I do this too on eBay it's a bad habit but I like a good deal years is commitment though lol

I use mostly Amazon and Tubi Tv (has ads but they're not terrible) for streaming. They both have a great selection of really awful B movies. I rarely use VUDU, Crackle or Netflix for streaming but do still use the Netflix delivery for new releases and hard to find movies. When it comes to buying I go to the used dvd store and never buy anything over $3.

I do this too on eBay it's a bad habit but I like a good deal years is commitment though lol
No point rushing into things is there

You people must be rich buying DVDs right and left. I can't afford them, nor do I have the space for them, nor do I like to rewatch a movie over and over.
I’m a collector so I don’t begrudge the money I spend on DVDs. Probably the item that I most like to buy.

I stream a lot too, but DVDs are my fave way to watch. Barnes & Noble occasionally has a good sale though it’s still an expensive store. Mostly I buy from Amazon. Waiting for the final season of GOT on dvd - that will take forever - and I don’t care how much it will cost. I love box sets too - I cherish my Sopranos box set.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
You people must be rich buying DVDs right and left. I can't afford them, nor do I have the space for them, nor do I like to rewatch a movie over and over.
I plunder the $5 bins at Wal-Mart and Bestbuy if I'm buying anything, mostly. Usually I don't buy new unless I just NEED to have it. Can't think of anything I need or have needed recently though as an example lol. Maybe The Fountain way back then.

I have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Tubi TV app, IMDb Freedrive, Sling, Crackle, TeaTV, MorpheusTV, PlutoTV, Snagfilms, Hotstar, Filmrise and several other apps. I used to buy DVDs.. I have a few thousands of dollars invested in Criterion Collection Films, about 25% of my regular dvds are foreign films. I have way too many to count of anything anymore. I stopped buying dvds about 1 year ago.

I rewatch my favorites quite a lot. I have had to be more selective about which films I own though, as I am running out of space.