The everything paranormal/unexplained/bizarre/mysterious thread

Tools    

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I was more on about the way people cherry-pick details for their argument.
well that too.

Some people think that only the 20th century got to know advancement. It really is baffling. We didn't move that much in the building/architectural area at all for quite some centuries. The concepts are still the same: build larger bellow and narrower on top to make it big tall and strong.
A lot of people claim the technology boom was from reverse engineering the alien tech from captured ufo's in area 51.

so that's why they don't balk at sudden surges in progress, it's always aliens.

Some people think that only the 20th century got to know advancement. It really is baffling. We didn't move that much in the building/architectural area at all for quite some centuries. The concepts are still the same: build larger bellow and narrower on top to make it big tall and strong.

Actually, if you think about it... religion started to die off in the 20th... and suddenly technology wasn't a stoneable offence.

Family Guy summed it up quite well.
Stewie and Brian go the another dimension... looks like the future... turns out it's the same year... except in that dimension religion didn't exist, which meant science and technology progressed and wasn't seen as the Devil's Work.

Did some research, simply because I was fascinated. My guesses:

#5 It's either suicide or murder. Both are possible. She had depressions in the past and she had her (possibly Turkish) enemies because of her career in journalism.

#4 He started showing extremely odd behavior right after the fight he had (even that same night, according to his friends), so it seems like his brain was hurt during the fight and he became irrationally paranoid. He went hiding somewhere and probably died and hasn't been found yet.

#3 Took the other exit and was then killed/had an accident and somehow still hasn't been found.

#2 A very odd suicide.

#1 Crazy family commited suicide together, possibly drug-induced.
5) I'm thinking murder, to be honest.
4)I couldn't agree more. A brain injury was the first thing that came to mind.
3)I have a suspicion that the owner of the bar had something to do with his disappearance and possible murder.
2) I'll have to watch it again, currently I'm on a laptop that doesn't play videos well.
1) They were involved in drugs. Possibly owed money and were killed.

I have more, but I'll post them tomorrow when I'm on a functioning PC.

Honestly, if I wasn't a MoFo, I'd probably be a UFOlogist. One of those kooks with the CB radios and telescopes, who hunts for UFOs all day long. There is a UFOlogist buried inside me. It could be another persona/alt account of mine. The only reason it hasn't come out is because.... I'm not fully convinced UFOs actually exist, but I am interested in hearing about them. I took a more Fox Mulder route. I'm the sexy ufologist.
I can see that. I'd probably end up buying your book.

Cigar-shaped UFOs are not a new thing. Especially here in my area near Eglin Airforce Base.

It is a long read but Gulf Breeze - where I spent many of my younger days, was a mecca of UFO sightings.

http://www.ufocasebook.com/gulfbreeze.html

I saw plenty of strange lights in th esky growing up, but we all chalked it up to the military. Nowadays I wonder, because

There's some things in this world you just can't explain

I can see that. I'd probably end up buying your book.
No need. I'll probably just write the whole thing for free in a thread here.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Actually, if you think about it... religion started to die off in the 20th... and suddenly technology wasn't a stoneable offence.

Family Guy summed it up quite well.
Stewie and Brian go the another dimension... looks like the future... turns out it's the same year... except in that dimension religion didn't exist, which meant science and technology progressed and wasn't seen as the Devil's Work.
Sure, but we didn't start building large monuments in the 20th century.

Rodent, when are you gonna tell Little Devil about your encounters with aliens?

5) I'm thinking murder, to be honest.
4)I couldn't agree more. A brain injury was the first thing that came to mind.
3)I have a suspicion that the owner of the bar had something to do with his disappearance and possible murder.
2) I'll have to watch it again, currently I'm on a laptop that doesn't play videos well.
1) They were involved in drugs. Possibly owed money and were killed.

I have more, but I'll post them tomorrow when I'm on a functioning PC.
Why do you think drugs for #1? I haven't looked any of it up so maybe there was more to that theory but if there was the video didn't go into it and it said there was no evidence of drug use in their home. Unless you think they were selling drugs, the theory in the video was that they smoked meth.

Pretty much agree with Cob's guesses.

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. I didn't watch the video.

I won't lie, I keep an open mind about this stuff. My book collection would make anyone think I'm a nutter. But who's to say. Aliens could very well exist, down from a singular cell to an intelligent, sentient being.

way too big for a drone« [unless there are drones the size of two football fields in length, give or take]
Two football fields seems a bit grotesque, but I'm pretty sure there were large and relatively silent drones back in 2004. Were you close to a military basis or something like that?

I don't remember what happened to you. Something about you going to sleep at night, and they were in your bedroom, and I think sometimes they showed up in your dreams. Sometimes they were gnomes in the garden. Sometimes they appeared in the desert scenes of Young Guns while you watched it. I don't know. You were there when it happened. You be the storyteller.

Why do you think drugs for #1? I haven't looked any of it up so maybe there was more to that theory but if there was the video didn't go into it and it said there was no evidence of drug use in their home. Unless you think they were selling drugs, the theory in the video was that they smoked meth.

Pretty much agree with Cob's guesses.
Selling it. I think they owed money and tried to run away.

Selling it. I think they owed money and tried to run away.
Yeah could be then. To me it seemed like murder-suicide, the parents had planned it for whatever reason. As i said though i only went by the video i didn't look it up.

I won't lie, I keep an open mind about this stuff. My book collection would make anyone think I'm a nutter. But who's to say. Aliens could very well exist, down from a singular cell to an intelligent, sentient being.
Actually when you ;look at the size of the universe and take into account we're a fourth rate planet orbiting a third rate star it becomes laughable to think that in that endless expanse this is the ONLY planet to support life.