Movie from the 80-90's

Tools    

Hi,

This is my first post and I have been trying to find a movie that I saw back in the 90's (a long time ago). At first, I thought it had Christina Ricci in it, but I think I was wrong about that.

It was about a woman and a young girl (possible mother and daughter). Both were unhappy where their lives were at and I remember the girl crying outside the lady's place of business (a bar I think) where things started off for them.

They end up driving along and find a bit of spot where they set up and decide to start building and get help where they can. Two Indian boys have words with them throughout the movie about the fact that its Indian grounds and they don't want them to build there, but they end up building a strong friendship.

The young girl also builds a friendship with a truck driver, who isn't very smart, but they both love books and keep in touch when they come to town (I think by letters too).

The last line of the movie I remember is (when the two women and boys were sitting for dinner) she said 'God Bless this food, this family' and she said family like she realized that it was like a new family for them

Any ideas?

A Home of Our Own?
Hi. This is what I originally thought it was. I’m trying to find it to rewatch it to see, just not sure.

Thank you!

Thank you. I had a look through but I'm wondering if I was wrong with who it was. This one has definitely been a hard one to find.

I do remember it was a bit of a comedy and a family move.

Thank you. I had a look through but I'm wondering if I was wrong with who it was. This one has definitely been a hard one to find.

I do remember it was a bit of a comedy and a family move.
ur welcome =] are u sure its christina ricci tho

Honestly, I'm not sure now. There was a scene I remember she was in a car talking to a guy who was a truck driver. He wasn't a smart guy, but they formed a friendship and she encouraged him to read different books, which he loved. Perhaps I got her mixed up with someone else.

Will do

Just saw A Hom of Our Own, definitely not that movie.

freedom~empathy~peace
....they end up driving along and find a bit of spot where they set up and decide to start building and get help where they can....
So, you mean the plot of land they found had nothing on it,.....and they began to build a house there from scratch?

Also:
In what time period does this story take place?... 1980's onward, or perhaps earlier?

So, you mean the plot of land they found had nothing on it,.....and they began to build a house there from scratch?

Also:
In what time period does this story take place?... 1980's onward, or perhaps earlier?
I think so, hard to remember as it was a while ago. I believe it could have been the late 80's to mid-'90s. It was on as a daytime movie, so it wasn't super popular.