6 seasons & a movie? Community film can finally happen

→ in
Tools    

The famous mantra from the Community series can finally come true. For those who followed the series, #SixSeasonsandaMovie certainly marked the attraction. And now, even after so long - and being available on Netflix (and other streaming platforms ) -, its creator, Dan Harmon, has suggested this possibility again, as interest in the series has been gradually increasing.

And fans can stay tuned, as there is plenty of evidence that the series is coming back with its legacy to the fore. Among them, we can highlight the virtual meetings of the cast to read episodes, with the objective of raising funds for institutions that need support during the coronavirus pandemic.

Even though Harmon has not yet officially commented on the possibilities of the film that would end the series, many members of the team have already talked about the idea of ​​reincarnating their respective characters in the cinema .

In an interview with The Wrap , Dan Harmon, creator of the series, said he was excited about something that would happen in the coming months. Thus, he suggests that the film is in the process of negotiation, since, according to Harmon, some conversations with some specific people have been taking place.

"I can tell people for sure that the enthusiasm for Community during that moment and the resurgence [on Netflix ] always has an aspect that affects the market," he said during the interview. “And when the market is affected, conversations take place. And when conversations happen, things happen, ”he added.

Community conquered a legion of fans during its six seasons, between 2009 and 2015. Although it suffered several threats of cancellation on NBC , the comedy even had its ups and downs, but never a film that concluded it, according to the metalanguage suggested by the characters themselves.

The #SixSeasonsandaMovie campaign was introduced in the attraction to Abed (Danny Pudi), as his favorite show, Cougar Town , also had six seasons, but still needed a movie.

Here in Brazil, anyone who wants to check out the series can watch it on Netflix and also on Amazon Prime Video.

Dan is a creative guy but I can't imagine any idea good enough to bother with making a movie, at this point. With the ever-increasing number of streaming outlets looking for content I am sure he could get it set up and financed somewhere these days, and I don't doubt that most of the cast would be game. But once you get three, four, five years and longer past the end of a series any heat or momentum for a continuation simply fades. Even the much-delayed and often discussed wrapping up of HBO's "Deadwood" was extremely anti-climactic, and that had been more or less promised since HBO pleaded with David Milch to prematurely abandon it in favor of "John from Cincinnati" - one of that network's few blunders in judgement.

I mean, yeah, I'll watch the thing if it gets made but the chances it will have been worth the wait are slim.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Thank you for your attention and sharing.

I am waiting for the sequel to this movie.