old civil war movie early 70's PBS

Tools    

this movie was about a wounded soldier of the civil war,,,imprisoned by blindness, muteness ,and loss of all limbs.his unheard dialog,pleas for finality,his only comfort was a daily sponge bath by a unseen but fragranced nurse It was a short movie in the early 70's,the title was something like "the drummer boy" a very powerful film I remember being affected.

hi there, thanks for the quick response but that wasn't the film, it was more of a child fantasy adventure film meeting lots of 'baddies' but at the end he awoke on the train to find it was all a dream, thanks anyway.

Johnny Got His Guns (1971) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067277/
It's not a short film though.

thanks Oath,that's the movie for sure ,gonna buy it on eBay.But I'm just thinking that I'm sure I saw (maybe a play) it on PBS EARLY 70's,when I was 17 yrs. old.I know a lot of the actors in the movie quite well ,and I'm sure I would recall at least one, the one I remember was a one set production maybe three actors or so .but who knows I was 17 and it was the early 70's I was a junior ,,,you know the rest...thanks again....SAM