Interesting films to watch with a sensitive person

Tools    

Hello,

I'm looking for some interesting films with no excessive bloody or sex scenes (it's okay as long as it's essential to the plot, but no limb severing please). Films we've seen and enjoyed so far include Sound of Noise, Primer, Adam's Apples and Wristcutters. Could I get recommendations of similar films please?

Semper Fooey
There is still one in General Movie Discussions you never moved.

Moved to Movie Questions. In the future, please take a moment to place new threads in the correct forum.
Sorry, wasn't sure if this belongs there.
Most pre 1965 movies don't have excessive violence.
But I'm also looking for something interesting, with a unique premise.

I explained what I meant by 'sensitive' in the post: no mindless violence, no mindless sex. And, to give a better idea of what I'm looking for, I want films whose one-line descriptions don't fit any other film. Like 'a film set in a purgatory for suiciders' or 'a group of terrorist musicians steals sounds from all around the city'.

Failan
Gattaca
Happy accidents
Mumford
Scent of a woman
Win win
Wonder Boys
Departures
In America
Milagro Beanfield war
Stranger than fiction
Rushmore
10 items or less
Exam
The Spanish prisoner
Timer
Until the end of the world
Unbreakable
The Jacket
Grand Canyon

I'll have to show my friends this one, just to see their reaction to it. They don't really watch scary movies, or many films that were made before the turn of the century

Anyways, some legitimate recommendations:

-2001: A Space Odyssey: In my opinion, the greatest science fiction film of all time. Not for everyone, but a masterpiece.

-Casablanca: Always a perennial classic. Everybody should see this one.

-Rear Window: One of Hitchcock's best. No violence either, for those of you who associate the Master's name with Psycho and The Birds ONLY!

-Forrest Gump: Come on, anybody with a heart can love this one. An all around great film.

-Inception: A popcorn movie that's also food for thought. In a way, it's the Space Odyssey of today, but it also appeals to a much wider audience.

-When Harry Met Sally...: Watched with my girlfriend recently, one of the best rom-coms ever, if you're into that sort of thing.

Human Centipede 2
I didn't get to the end of the first one because it was so boring, I just skipped forward to see the ending.

Semper Fooey
Defending Your Life

Most Hitchcock movies, the best excluding Psycho being the previously mentioned Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Strangers on a Train, Lifeboat, The 39 Steps, Lady on a Train, and Notorious.

I recommend Wes Anderson films

Rushmore
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Life Aquatice with Steve Zissou
The Darjeeling Limited
Fantastic Mr. Fox

But if you are looking for something unique i'll strongly suggest these:

Wings of Desire
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Edward Scissorhands
The Science of Sleep
The Fountain
Blade Runner

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Most Hitchcock movies, the best excluding Psycho being the previously mentioned Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Strangers on a Train, Lifeboat, The 39 Steps, Lady on a Train, and Notorious.
I just watched Rope for the first time and thought it was amazing, something I believe everyone should watch at least once.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Straight Story
Amelie
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
The Fall
Everything is Illuminated
Source Code
Midnight in Paris

I just watched Rope for the first time and thought it was amazing, something I believe everyone should watch at least once.
Definitely. So underrated, one of Hitchcock's very best films.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I explained what I meant by 'sensitive' in the post: no mindless violence, no mindless sex. And, to give a better idea of what I'm looking for, I want films whose one-line descriptions don't fit any other film. Like 'a film set in a purgatory for suiciders' or 'a group of terrorist musicians steals sounds from all around the city'.
Ink is a movie in which most of it takes place in a dream state, kind of hard to describe but I think it fits with something you would like.

Of course I suggest this movie to everybody, I swear they should seriously start paying me.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Stranger Than Fiction (2006)
How To Get Ahead in Advertising (1989)
Groundhog Day (1993)
Arizona Dream (1992)
Dead Again (1991)
The City of Lost Children (1995)
Time Bandits (1981)
Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
The Fall (2006)
Being There (1979)
Truly, Madly, Deeply (1990)
The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)