POLL: Best Coen Brother's Movie

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Weird, I haven't answered this thread yet. In any case, I tend to think of Miller's Crossing as their best.
agreed with blood simple 2nd and Raising AZ righht there.

I prefer their simpler, Barton Fink-esque films like The Man Who Wasn't There and A Serious Man which center around one man's actions and contain blatantly surreal elements.

I didn't much like Man Who Wasn't There. Too vague, meandering, obtuse even.... Probably my least favorite of their films. Still, a failed Coen film is more interesting than a lot of other stuff out there.

O Brother, Where Art Thou

Blood Simple for me. Wonderful noir work. It's been awhile since I have seen Miller's Crossing but I remember feeling a bit indifferent towards it. No Country For Old Men, while overrated, is still a solid chase thriller. I'm not a fan of their wackier stuff, though.

No Country for Old Men is my #1 Coen Bro's, and also an all time favorite film of mine.

but I also LOVE (I mean LOVE!)

Raising Arizona
Fargo
The Big Lebowski
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
and I think True Grit is better than the original (don't hate me, but I do).

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Where is the Poll?

Toss up between Big Lebowski and Fargo. Prob Big Lebowski.

Buy you know, that's just like, my opinion man.

My favorite from them is A Serious Man and Burn After Reading. I seriously love those two film esp. the first. But, in my opinion, their best films is No Country for Old Men and Blood Simple.

The Coen brothers are extremely talented directors. It is hard to choose just one, but for the sake of the thread, I will rank my top five in order starting with their best (in my opinion).

1) Miller's Crossing

2) Fargo

3) True Grit

4) No Country for Old Men

5) Raising Arizona

Sudoku Blackbelt
I just counted, and I own seven.

Raising Arizona
Fargo
Big Lebowski
O Brother
No Country
Burn After
True Grit

I don't care much for Raising Arizona. I can put my finger on it, though. It just kinda plods along.

The rest are pretty great.

Hmm, I rank their films as follows:

# 1. The Big Lebowski
# 2. Blood Simple
# 3. No Country for Old Men
# 4. Miller's Crossing
# 5. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
# 6. The Man Who Wasn't There
# 7. Burn After Reading
# 8. Fargo
# 9. Barton Fink
# 10. True Grit
# 11. Intolerable Cruelty
# 12. The Ladykillers
# 13. The Hudsucker Proxy
# 14. Raising Arizona

I didn't yet watch A Serious Man.

I love the Coens. They are by far two of the best filmmakers of our time.

The Big Lebowski tops my list for best Coen brothers movie. Followed by Fargo, No Country For Old Men, Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, O Brother Where Art Thou, A Serious Man, True Grit, Burn After Reading, The Ladykillers, and Raising Arizona...in that order.

I must admit I did not like Intolerable Cruelty, and I just couldn't get my head around Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing, and The Man Who Wasn't There.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
The Big Lebowski seems to encapsulate everything I love about the Coen Brothers' films. Surreal humor, wonderfully wacky performances from every cast member and a generally bizarre atmosphere. Plus, it's the funniest film ever made.

Fargo is a very close second. I love everything about that movie as well.