Skepsis' Top 50

→ in
Tools    

#14: 500 Days of Summer (Marc Webb, 2009)
Lost In Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003)
#13: Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky, 2010)
Great choices. I love this movies too!

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

#50: Run Lola Run (Tom Tykwer, 1998)
#46: Wall-E (Andrew Stanton, 2008)
#45: Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (Quentin Tarantino, 2003)
#41: Kick-Ass (Matthew Vaughn, 2010)
#40: Se7en (David Fincher, 1995)
#39: Let the Right One In (Thomas Alfredson, 2008)
#35: Little Miss Sunshine (Jonathan Dayton & Valerie Faris, 2006)
#34: Pan's Labyrinth (Guillermo del Toro, 2006)
#33: Fight Club (David Fincher, 1999)
#32: Finding Nemo (Andrew Stanton & Lee Unkrich, 2003)
#30: Pulp Fiction (Quentin Tarantino, 1994)
#28: Donnie Darko (Richard Kelly, 2001)
#23: Being John Malkovich (Spike Jonze, 1999)
#20: 2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)
#19: Annie Hall (Woody Allen, 1977)
#15: Amelie (Jean-Pierre Jeunet, 2001)
#14: 500 Days of Summer (Marc Webb, 2009)
Lost In Translation (Sofia Coppola, 2003)
#13: Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky, 2010)

^ Adore all the above, very nice choices. The ones in red I especially, especially like.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Hey Skepsis. Not been around for a while but great to see you've given one of these lists a shot. Considering you seemed to love my list so much I guess it's no suprise that I am loving your list! I like/love the large majority and think we actually have at least 15 films in common that made our lists.

Amongst others I love - Run Lola Run, Man on the Moon, Groundhog Day, Wall-e, Back to the Future, Bruce Almighty (forgot this one for consideration on my list), 12 Angry Men, School of Rock, Little Miss Sunshine, Pan's Labyrinth, Finding Nemo, Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko, Shawshank Redemption, Lion King, Being John Malkovich, Return of the King, Lars and the Real Girl (proud of myself for this one being on your list! ), Pleasantville, Amelie, 500 Days of Summer

Not seen Hesher but really fancy it. Really look forward to seeing the rest of the list

Hey Skepsis. Not been around for a while but great to see you've given one of these lists a shot. Considering you seemed to love my list so much I guess it's no suprise that I am loving your list! I like/love the large majority and think we actually have at least 15 films in common that made our lists.

Amongst others I love - Run Lola Run, Man on the Moon, Groundhog Day, Wall-e, Back to the Future, Bruce Almighty (forgot this one for consideration on my list), 12 Angry Men, School of Rock, Little Miss Sunshine, Pan's Labyrinth, Finding Nemo, Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko, Shawshank Redemption, Lion King, Being John Malkovich, Return of the King, Lars and the Real Girl (proud of myself for this one being on your list! ), Pleasantville, Amelie, 500 Days of Summer

Not seen Hesher but really fancy it. Really look forward to seeing the rest of the list
Thanks man. I was wondering when you'd turn up.

#11: Leon: The Professional (Luc Besson, 1994)

A little relief for those feeling a little feminine after the previous entry. Leon rocks, period. Jean Reno gives the performance of his career, Natalie Portman is introduced to mass audiences in stunning fashion and Gary Oldman is spot on, as usual. A thinking man's action movie - brilliantly made in every respect.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
An interesting double bill there!

I adore Leon. Notebook is a bit of a surprise but certainly won't be giving you grief about it. I saw it a few years ago and for the kind of movie it is I'd say it's very good

To any of you wondering why my list suddenly came to a standstill (seriously doubt that's any of you) I had intended to finish my list off BEFORE work started to pile up and life started to get in the way, but it looks like I missed that deadline, so I'm not gonna be able to wrap it up the way I wanted to. I am a completionist by nature, however, so I will bring it to some sort of conclusion. In the gaps between my entries a few additions have been made, so I'll list those then fire off a quick top ten so the list at least has some semblance of completion.

#13: Magnolia (Paul Thomas Anderson, 1999)
#17: It's a Wonderful Life (Frank Capra, 1947)
#24: Inglorious Basterds (Quentin Tarantino, 2009)

and the top 10 (complete anti-climax, I know. Sorry!)

#10: Into the Wild
Sean Penn, 2007
Emile Hirsch, Hal Holbrook & Catherine Keener

#9: The Truman Show
Peter Weir, 1998
Jim Carrey, Laura Linney & Ed Harris

#8: The Graduate
Mike Nichols, 1967
Dustin Hoffman, Anne Bancroft & Katharine Ross

#7: There Will Be Blood
Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007
Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Dano & Ciarán Hinds

#6: Battle Royale
Kinji Fukasaku, 2000
Tatsuya Fujiwara, Aki Maeda & Tarô Yamamoto

#5: Almost Famous
Cameron Crowe, 2000
Patrick Fugit, Kate Hudson & Billy Crudup

#4: Juno
Jason Reitman, 2007
Ellen Page, Michael Cera & Jennifer Garner

#3: American Beauty
Sam Mendes, 1999
Kevin Spacey, Annette Bening & Thora Birch

#2: SUPER
James Gunn, 2010
Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page & Kevin Bacon

#1: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Michel Gondry, 2004
Jim Carrey, Kate Winslet & Tom Wilkinson

I hate that it's pure cold fact and I don't have time to write down a bunch of thoughts like with the previous entries. But that's what you get with bad timing. I hope you enjoyed my list anyway.

Well, you did it.

For me, it started well, really well actually and then tailed off, before a short rally and a steep decline into meh. Still, you managed to get Battle Royale in there.

Well, you did it.

For me, it started well, really well actually and then tailed off, before a short rally and a steep decline into meh. Still, you managed to get Battle Royale in there.
Not the way I would have liked to, but hey ho.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting a lot of people to like a lot of the list. I have strange taste. Glad you liked at least some of it.