Man of Steel 2

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Both Warner Bros. and Dany Garcia, Henry Cavill's agent have said that the rumor of Cavill leaving Superman is false.

Dany Garcia:
"Be peaceful, the cape is still in his closet. @wbpictures has been and continues to be our partners as they evolve the DC Universe. Anticipate a WB statement later today."

Shocking and ludicrous.

Man of Steel 2 should have happened to allow Cavill to draw breath in the role. Instead they went after the Justice League scenario and his Superman's almost a bit player.

Warner Bros. issued an official statement:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/enter...man/index.html

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

That means that as of now, the rumor that he is leaving as Superman is untrue

Sounds more like they're saying it wasn't a hostile exit and that their working relationship ended on good terms.

Edit: Disregard, checked the link and there's more to it namely his manager saying he's not out yet at least.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Warner Bros. issued an official statement:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/enter...man/index.html

"While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we've always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged."

That means that as of now, the rumor that he is leaving as Superman is untrue
Sounds like he is to me. They clearly give a non-answer there.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think it's more likely that WB are simply unsure how to proceed with Justice League flopping.

I think it's more likely that WB are simply unsure how to proceed with Justice League flopping.
I'm glad Justice League flopped.

One of the reason I believe the recent DC Comics films have flopped is because people are finally feeling the superhero movie fatigue. At least I hope they are. And if they're not, then what the hell is wrong with people??

I say scrap all superhero movies and start making more films with substance and originality. But we all know that's not happening. I see more reboots coming in the near future, and they will all stink as usual.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

One of the reason I believe the recent DC Comics films have flopped is because people are finally feeling the superhero movie fatigue.

I think the big issue with DC is that they have a mixed-up universe that involves separating the TV characters with the big screen characters. Even I get confused at times with who's who at this point when it comes to that.

Marvel has that connection between the TV and film worlds and it sthat meshing that does well. Sure, their Netflix series (not counting Daredevil and Punisher) aren't too great but they still have that connection to the films.

DC is more just a constantly mixed-up bag and from their flop of Justice League to changing their universe to Worlds of DC, I think it's clear who reigns supreme in the war here.

This might just do nobody any good.
I think bad writing and executions were the problem but that’s just me.

The problem is the writers not knowing the characters.

In Man Of Steel, Superman is brooding, moody, confused, and his presence divides public opinion.
He's basically Batman.

In BvS... he's the same all brooding and confused and stuff... and then there's the conflicting dialogue from Martha when he's at a loss as to whether he should be Superman or Clark, or both.
Initially her opinion was opposite to Jonathan... Jonathan said he shouldn't be Superman, Martha said he should.
Martha basically changes her opinion between MoS and BvS and says the world doesn't need nor deserve him... then the dream sequence with Jonathan who also changes opinions on Clark's powers... Jonathan now says he should be Superman. Ok this is a dream sequence, but still...
Lois is the same. Her opinions on Clark/Superman are all over the place.
The whole thing is backwards and upside down with Superman's character, and with his friends and acquaintances.

Batman was decent in BvS.
Affleck did a good job, and the character of Batman (not Bruce) had a nice chunk of mystery about him.
I mean, in his intro he moves like a creature of the night, scuttling upside down across the ceiling, scaring the cops.
He kicked ass, in every respect, in that film.
But in Justice League the writers took Batman and turned him into an asshat with seemingly an IQ of 8 and gave him a bunch of vehicles and gadgets that might have looked cool, but were useless.

Flash and Aquaman are miscast.

The only thing they've done right in the DCEU, is Wonder Woman and Cyborg.
Ray Fisher was great in the role... sadly, it's transpired that Fisher has been dropped from the cast sheet. News in recently is that Cyborg is to appear in Titans and Doom Patrol, and that Fisher hasn't even been asked to play the role.

This might just do nobody any good.
“It was Earth-2 all along. Surprise! Gotcha!”

I like him aswell as superman, i wish he works it out and stay on it

Henry Cavill sent a cryptic message on Instagram that may mean he's in negotiations to return, but unclear.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnpPIrmF...ource=ig_embed
I haven't seen this but I don't think cryptic messages are particularly helpful at this juncture .