Fantastic Four 2015 Reboot, why should we care?

Tools    

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/fa...ws-1201558644/

Josh Trank is blaming 20th for the fact his movie is crap. He says they recut it, and that his original movie was "fantastic and would have gotten great reviews"

Whatever, Trank.
Apart from Chronicle being well received, he edited an indy movie called Big Fan. He didn't direct though, only edited it.

He then directed a poorly received TV series, then gets fired from the Star Wars spin-off movie and made a crap F4 movie.
I guess everyone else is to blame, huh, Josh.
There's only one common factor in all this... and his name is Trank.

Anyone fancy using his name as rhyming slang from now on?

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
To be fair to Trank he may well be telling the truth, we've no way of knowing for sure. Not unless some vastly different Directors Cut makes an appearance somewhere down the line, or if the cast back him up that a different, better film exists. It's not like studios haven't meddled and ruined films before. And Fox's resume with superhero films is hit-and-miss at best. For every X-Men 2 and Days of Future Past there's also been Elektra, Daredevil, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Origins: Wolverine and in particular Deadpool's depiction in that last film. I wouldn't exactly call them a safe pair of hands with superhero films.

I've seen a few reviews that have come to Trank's defence somewhat, saying that the film's best and most interesting stuff is almost certainly his input. Before the film went into production he was talking up wanting to take it in the direction of hard sci-fi/Cronenberg-style body horror and those touches in the first act are what has gained any praise going. It then apparently descends into a mindless action-fest the longer it goes. Trank did the first draft which was then given what was apparently a substantial rewrite. Then there were extensive reshoots to bulk up the action of the movie, with rumours that some of that stuff wasn't even directed by him. The finished film supposedly feels very muddled with a real contrast between the approaches at the beginning and end as if it wasn't all the creation of one mind and as if a fair amount of footage has been binned. And given its modest runtime (little over 90 minutes) that wouldn't be surprise. For a superhero film, particularly an origin story, to come in that short seems strange.

I'm not saying that left to his own devices he would have delivered a great film, but maybe it wouldn't have been as disastrous as it apparently is.

Sadly, this will probably still do decently at the box office. The Tranformers movies are as close to objectively bad films as you can get, but the movie-going masses lap that up. Then again though, FF was never a huge franchise. Oh well, either way I don't have to see it.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Sadly, this will probably still do decently at the box office. The Tranformers movies are as close to objectively bad films as you can get, but the movie-going masses lap that up. Then again though, FF was never a huge franchise. Oh well, either way I don't have to see it.
Maybe not so decently after all. It's being reported that the film is now tracking to make less than $30 million and could possibly open 2nd behind Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation. It had previously been predicted to fall around $50 million and even a few days ago was forecast for about $45 million. That was before the critical drubbing though and all the drama with Trank.

It's actually sort of impressive in a twisted kind of way. In the current cinematic climate, to release a big superhero film that opens to less than $30 million is amazing. You need to screw up to an astonishing degree to achieve that. It makes me think of that moment in Anchorman where Ron Burgundy's dog has done something bad (can't remember what) and Ron goes "how did you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad: that's amazing!"

If Fox were smart they'd be crawling on their hands and knees to Marvel right now, desperately trying to cut the same kind of deal as Sony got with Spider-Man where they share the character and any box-office profits. If they don't hand the rights over to Marvel now then one of two things will happen; they'll need to sink yet more money into another film (likely yet another reboot) to keep the rights, or lose them for free.

Sorry for the repeat posting... the other thing, is it had a $120m budget.

It was predicted to make $50m on its opening weekend.

It's made $11m worldwide in the past 4 days. New predictions are it won't top $30m in its entire theatrical run.

Sorry for the repeat posting... the other thing, is it had a $120m budget.

It was predicted to make $50m on its opening weekend.

It's made $11m worldwide in the past 4 days. New predictions are it won't top $30m in its entire theatrical run.
Interesting, but it makes you wonder why schlock like Adam's Sander's "Jack and Jill" manages to make $150,000,000 despite having only a 3% RT rating.

Maybe superhero film fans are more picky than comedy fans?

Easy for Trank to say that after the fact and with no way of his cut ever being put to the test.
Since this is probably going straight to the bargain bin DVD section of Walmart, he could at least put his money where his mouth is and release the "uncut" version on DVD.

If all goes well, Fox will be after getting some cash back as fast as they can and it'll be shown on TV by the end of August and we won't have to pay to see how bad it is.

"It doesn't matter how bad the movie is - it stars a black man so you should pay to see it just to piss off internet racists":

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1098310/

lol

Why are you reading Stormfront in the first place?
The same reason I read "The Flat Earth society" website; for unintentional comedy.

Sure I know the PC police might be monitoring my every move, and are about to raid my home and ship me off to a tolerance reeducation camp where I'll be forced to watch "Glee" and reruns of "The New Normal" for 16 hours a day, but it's the price I have to pay for a cheap laugh.

The same reason I read "The Flat Earth society" website; for unintentional comedy.

Sure I know the PC police might be monitoring my every move, and are about to raid my home and ship me off to a tolerance reeducation camp where I'll be forced to watch "Glee" and reruns of "The New Normal" for 16 hours a day, but it's the price I have to pay for a cheap laugh.
You and me will see eye to eye on very few things, but I admit in my dealings with Stormfront and internet bigots, I too found some unintentional comedy.

This was years ago back when I was in my masters program. I was doing a term paper on the use of the internet and its relation to Criminology and Criminal Justice. I opted for use of the net by people of interest to the criminal justice system, namely hate groups and extremists. As part of my research, I went to several websites of noted hate groups. Naturally I checked out the boards of Stormfront. One thread was of a young and confused teenager who wanted to open up to his parents about his "white nationalist" aka bigoted world view. Only he choose the unfortunate choice of words "I want to come out to my parents." From that day forward I can't help but look at skinheads and klansmen as a bunch of repressed homosexuals getting together for racist rants, binge drinking, and man piling.

Unintentional comedy , I dont even... yeah you are great Ace
Stormfront is this to me: