THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Wait. Was that in the letter delivery at the end? I watched that a few days ago. Maybe I missed the phone.
Yeah, there was a phone with the letter.

Suspect's Reviews

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Got it. I may have been gaming at the time too. I will neither confirm nor deny.
Thanks.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

For me not many films in history have the grandeur that this movie has, it feels epic especially how the plot is given, it s such a great piece of brilliant filmmaking, and no wonder its at nb 15 in the empireonline top 500 movies of all time

Welcome to the human race...
I still love Dark Knight but that Empire list is terrible, even worse than the IMDB top 250 IMO.
I tried looking up the full Top 500 list and got re-directed to their most recent user-polled Top 100 from two months ago that had it at #3. Can't say I'm too surprised considering that the list also features three separate MCU movies and otherwise looks like a reshuffled IMDb 250.

Forgive me if I'm bumping the wrong thread, did a search, this seemed appropriate.

There's something about this particular movie. My boyfriend told me, every time we watch it, it tskes something out of him. And it's just this movie I've ever heard him say something like this about.

Also forgive my awful grammar up there.

It really made me think because we've watched it a few times, and it's not just the Joker, or Batnan...it's the Harvey Dent angle that's hard for him. That AND the Joker.

Takes a piece each time....

If you asked me a year or so ago I would say Ledger is a poor choice, but after B.B.M. I am not so sure. It seems like a weak choice on the surface, but yet it may be golden. I look forward to the outcome.
absolutely GOLDEN.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I remember when I went to see the movie with my dad and he was so frustrated by the plot holes that he walked out.

SPOILERS

Mainly he didn't like how the cops made all these mistakes to let Joker escape and he said it didn't make any sense for Harvey Dent not to shoot the Joker. I don't know if I consider those plot holes necessarily though.

I think it's a near perfect film but the only part I never understand is, is why did Gordon have to fake his own death? He said he did it to protect his family but their was nothing to suggest that the Joker was going to target his family. If the Joker was going to target his family, then what good is faking your death going to do since he is going to come after them anyway if he wants to? Wouldn't it make more sense to fake the family's death, rather than your own then, if you feel they are in danger?

But other than that I feel it's a great thriller.

There's no reason to target someone's family except to manipulate them into doing something, which you obviously can't do if you think someone's dead.

And it's definitely, obviously not easier to fake your family's death than your own. Even if they were willing to go along with it (which is a big ask), it's multiple people, which makes keeping the secret exponentially harder, to say nothing of kids being involved.

I think you'd do well to apply the same skepticism to your skepticism that you do the things you're being skeptical of. Occasionally the questions are reasonable (if a little pedantic), but sometimes the answers or rejoinders to them are plain.

But why would Gordon think that Joker wants to use his family as leverage to manipulate him, if that's what you are saying?

But why would Gordon think that Joker wants to use his family as leverage to manipulate him, if that's what you are saying?
Because he's one of the few people who has direct contact with Batman, maybe?

Oh okay, I didn't know that the Joker knew that Gordon was in direct contact with Batman. So if Gordon's family was in danger cause they can be used as leverage, than why did Gordon wait until the commissioner's funeral to fake his death? Why didn't he fake it earlier to protect his family? What was he waiting for, if his family was a target?

I started to answer that, but these questions seem endless, and they all seem to stem from the same misconceptions about how and when movies should explain things to their audience.

Put yourself in the characters' shoes and imagine how they might respond to this stuff. Does anything happen during the film that might cause someone to change their mind or reevaluate something, leading up to whatever decision you're wondering about? The answer is almost always yes.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
t how and when movies should explain things to their audience.
Never! If you ask David Lynch.

Has it really been 10 years since this epic.
15 by my count.

Sometimes I feel like there was no bigger fan of this movie when it came out than me. I was such a fan of the character when I first discovered movies when I was a young kid. Then this came out when I was in the process of growing as a movie watcher and seemed like I was being rewarded with a gift or something. I wasn't self aware enough to buy into the craze of Heath Ledger's death when this was released, just immersed in the whole experience of the movie. I wanted other people to see it and feel what i felt even though I didn't realize they thought I was stupid for liking movies more than just a throw away pump n dump experience. I hadn't reached some Seinfeld/Madonna level of neuroticism yet to understand them. Now, i see the film as a Nolan film with all the normal Nolan film flaws and criticisms but man that summer of 2008 was a sublime time for me personally being a movie nerd.

BKB
The DARK KNIGHT was extremely well done and looked more like a crime drama that just happened to involve people running around in costumes than the traditional superhero approach and this was much needed after George Clooney destroyed the character with his portrayal.. The more I think about it, the more I think if it weren't for BATMAN, I don't know what WB would do when you consider none of the other DC Superheroes garner box office the way BATMAN does??

Psychopathic Psychiatrist
I only have one major problem with Nolan and his Batman version. It is BANE.

Whenever i think of Nolan and Batman, i ask myself how in godīs name he could fu** up BANE in such a terrible way?

I mean, yes! I am well aware of Nolanīs Batman being some kind of "real world Batman" rather than a classic comic-adaption, while characters from the comics may appear a little different than their comic-originals, but seriously now, what the hell was he thinking when he did BANE?

That Nolan Bane was so extremely off itīs original comic-version, that i ask myself why he even used this character? I mean if the JOKER or TWO-FACE would have been off the same way, they would hardly have been the JOKER and TWO-FACE, so yes, Nolan did the mistake to keep the JOKER and TWO-FACE (far) close(r) to itīs comic-original, while he completely lost it with BANE. So sadly, that Nolan Bane was a ridiculous disaster who kinda destroyed the final part in the trilogy for me.

That Nolan Bane was a terribly bad joke and i am not talking about his physique only, let alone that stupid "dog muzzle" to help him dealing with his asthma. I am also talking about the characterīs psyche in the movie-version.

So i wonder, will they ever make it to make a Batman-Movie with adapting BANE the way it is doing him justice? That Nolan-Bane wasnīt any better than the Schumacher-Bane, and that means something since that BANE Joel Schumacher did, was a catastrophe already, but at least they got his physique half-way right in "BATMAN & ROBIN" and also stayed true to other certain aspects (like pumping "Venom" through his veins), sadly they gave him the I.Q. of a zombified toddler and fu** ed up big time.

BKB
I only have one major problem with Nolan and his Batman version. It is BANE.

Whenever i think of Nolan and Batman, i ask myself how in godīs name he could fu** up BANE in such a terrible way?

I mean, yes! I am well aware of Nolanīs Batman being some kind of "real world Batman" rather than a classic comic-adaption, while characters from the comics may appear a little different than their comic-originals, but seriously now, what the hell was he thinking when he did BANE?

That Nolan Bane was so extremely off itīs original comic-version, that i ask myself why he even used this character? I mean if the JOKER or TWO-FACE would have been off the same way, they would hardly have been the JOKER and TWO-FACE, so yes, Nolan did the mistake to keep the JOKER and TWO-FACE (far) close(r) to itīs comic-original, while he completely lost it with BANE. So sadly, that Nolan Bane was a ridiculous disaster who kinda destroyed the final part in the trilogy for me.

That Nolan Bane was a terribly bad joke and i am not talking about his physique only, let alone that stupid "dog muzzle" to help him dealing with his asthma. I am also talking about the characterīs psyche in the movie-version.

So i wonder, will they ever make it to make a Batman-Movie with adapting BANE the way it is doing him justice? That Nolan-Bane wasnīt any better than the Schumacher-Bane, and that means something since that BANE Joel Schumacher did, was a catastrophe already, but at least they got his physique half-way right in "BATMAN & ROBIN" and also stayed true to other certain aspects (like pumping "Venom" through his veins), sadly they gave him the I.Q. of a zombified toddler and fu** ed up big time.
Nolan seems more about realism in his movies and a super steroid freak like BANE in the comics wouldn't work in Nolan's mind, so he dumbed him down, despite 1 scene when he's fighting BATMAN at City Hall toward the end and punches concrete out of a pillar, so there's that..