THE DARK KNIGHT (Nolan's BATMAN sequel)

Tools    

Im not too terribbly worried. As was already said- the film will have its strong anchors, (Freeman, Bale, Oldman) so even with poor performances from our villians, the flick couldnt be all that bad.

And personally, im suprised the Depp fanatics have chosen to avoid this thread and the suggestion of him playing...well...i probably shouldnt say anything...

Someone needs their fill.
Of course, if they didn't choose Depp they couldn't really be bothered.

Does anyone know how much say Nolan had in the casting? If he had a large part in the decision making process I have no doubt he can wring a decent performance out of both.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I like the fact that they are thining outside of the box in terms of actors. Something new and refershing will be nice, cant wait until 2008.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I am not sure I agree that it's totally against type. I see some similarities in the structures of those guys' faces. And I think they're both fine actors and capable of dealing with Nolan's realistic+ direction from his first Bat-offering. I wouldn't have thought of either of those guys, but they're both (based on what I've seen) fully capable of assuming the roles and Nolan has proven to have a clear vision of the tone of the tale. I'm looking forward to it.

I was surprised when they chose Heath Ledger to play the infamous Joker. But I'll give him a chance...right now though, i find it hard picturing gay cowboy playing a psychotic batman villain. I won't be surprised if people begin calling Ledger names like "gay joker" and other brokeback connections. Also, I hope they change his appearance drastically, and Heath Ledger successfully revives the villain , or else this batman sequel may stumble. what do you all think?

I think it has potential. I didn't think Cillian Murphy would be in Batman Begin, but he was great. I think both Ryan Phillipe and Heath Ledger will be good. Heath already has the smile. LOL.

one question that has always puzzled me about batman begins is If all of his equipment was made by Wayne Enterprises while he was away in japan dont you think someone would recognise the equipment and put two and two together and realise that batman was either Bruce Himself or his accomplice in the applied sciences division unlikely being a black man

Now onto this dark knight movie............has onyone else thought it a tad odd that the joker never became the joker until jack nicholson fell into the vat of toxic waste in the first batman movie yet they are casting a BLONDE guy a 3rd of jacks age for a character that shouldnt even exist yet.

without this sequel the timeline would be perfect but by making the dark knight they are lining themselves up for a lot of critisism I mean young heath ledger as the joker and then the sequel being the original batman with michael keaton where the joker becomes the joker.........am I the only one seeing a messed up pattern here?

Originally Posted by Remy LeBeau
one question that has always puzzled me about batman begins is If all of his equipment was made by Wayne Enterprises while he was away in japan dont you think someone would recognise the equipment and put two and two together and realise that batman was either Bruce Himself or his accomplice in the applied sciences division unlikely being a black man

Now onto this dark knight movie............has onyone else thought it a tad odd that the joker never became the joker until jack nicholson fell into the vat of toxic waste in the first batman movie yet they are casting a BLONDE guy a 3rd of jacks age for a character that shouldnt even exist yet.

without this sequel the timeline would be perfect but by making the dark knight they are lining themselves up for a lot of critisism I mean young heath ledger as the joker and then the sequel being the original batman with michael keaton where the joker becomes the joker.........am I the only one seeing a messed up pattern here?
Are you a moron, is that your problem? I mean apart from the little racist dig about a black man being unlikely to be a great scientist, are you just not very bright? The movie franchise is starting over, 'kay? Was that hard to figure?

Anyway, hope to not see you on the boards much longer!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Remy LeBeau

It would be a problem, except these are not "prequels" in the strict sense. It's actually what's generally called a "reboot" of the franchise. All previous continuity is abandoned and the storyline is restarted. It's really the only way to salvage the Batman films at this point.

So, while Batman Begins does come before the events of the Batman, Batman Returns, et all, its storyline is ultimately independent, which allows them to tell the story however they feel is best, without being constrained by previous Batman films.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Chris you said it a little more PC, but you know Holden and his quirky wit. Reboot was the best way to describe the "new" Batman franchise.

Also, anyone that tries grouping Schumacher's Batman with Burton's or Nolan's, please go somewhere else.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Phillipe definitely set to play Two Face because
Eh? That article suggests that Pearce will be playing Two Face. It makes not mention of Phillipe, as far as I can see.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Eh? That article suggests that Pearce will be playing Two Face. It makes not mention of Phillipe, as far as I can see.

Is meant to put "is" before. My bad. I thought Phillipe had been confirmed but guess it's just rumours then...

I don't like Phillippe for the role cause he's too young, I could see Clive Owen doing it pretty well. I'm not saying he can't handle it, I'm saying he doesn't LOOK right. I think Heath Ledger will be GREAT though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "The Dark Knight Returns," (the book) about an OLDER Batman sorta coming out of retirement? Isn't Christian Bale a bit YOUNG? I wish they'd made a movie out of "Dark Knight" 15 years ago so Clint Eastwood could have played Batman. He would have been perfect for it. A little too old now though.

Yeah, it's a whole DIFFERENT take on Batman, having no connection to the Michael Keaton/Val Kilmer/George Clooney Batman. I mean when Keaton's Batman came out, nobody asked why the screen didn't flash "POW" or "WHAP" whenever he hit someone, lol.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by PappaSteve
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "The Dark Knight Returns," (the book) about an OLDER Batman sorta coming out of retirement? Isn't Christian Bale a bit YOUNG?
The fourthcoming Batman Begins sequel is titled The Dark Knight (at least for right now), not The Dark Knight Returns; and there's no indication whatsoever that it will be a film adaptation of the Frank Miller graphic novel.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
So Holden says not to throw any rumours into this thread, yet Philleppe hasn't been confirmed yet.

Suspect's Reviews