Television Tab

Tools    

In a quick sentence, what is it about?
Supernatural series, a brother and sister who are like 'vampires'

but instead of blood they suck out your energy/soul, like Bo in Lost Girl, they end up at a boarding school battling 'witches'

while seeking a cure for what they are.

@Nausicaä, cheers

Just finished watching this:

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I finished Ash vs. Evil Dead s2 the other day and I enjoyed it a lot. I know there is a third season out, but I'm curious if they are going to change anything. It is really good, but I wonder how much is just carried by nostalgia. The first two seasons get pretty formulaic and the effects seem to be recycled a lot. Hopefully it switches up a bit in season 3. If not, I don't see how you can do too much more.

British comedy series that came out a year or so ago. Enjoyed it and looking forwards to the second series, suppose to come out at the end of the year.

British comedy series that came out a year or so ago. Enjoyed it and looking forwards to the second series, suppose to come out at the end of the year
In a quick sentence, what’s it about?

Finally finished this 4-year series. Slow & thoughtful, very well-acted. Took FOREVER for DVDs to be released. Not sure if the final season is even now available on DVD in America or the UK. Had to purchase it from the Netherlands without English subtitles, which was annoying. Missed some plot points as I never watch anything without subtitles.

In a quick sentence, what’s it about?
Following the 'hard life' of Mummies(and Kevin) and their children in London. Exaggerated of course, well I hope it is because I'm not a Mum and most things that happen in this series is my idea of hell.

Here, as someone else puts it perfectly: Motherland: a vision of child rearing that is panic-inducingly scary

Dirty Money on Netflix is pretty good, some better than others. I understand people that only watch docs.

Dirty Money on Netflix is pretty good, some better than others. I understand people that only watch docs.
I enjoyed that series. As you say, some episodes better than others.

Stranger Things. Watched the current 2 seasons of this recently and thought it was excellent. What a breath of fresh air to find a modern TV show utterly devoid of political correctness, race-baiting, man-hating, identity politics BS whose primary concern is to tell an actual fricking STORY. Forget the 80s setting, that's what's really retro about this show.

Modern Doctor Who, please take bloody note (a futile hope, I know...)

First epidsode of Barry was nice. Bill Hader looks like the general casting henchman type to begin with, so this is promising.

Watched a few episodes of The Thin Blue Line (all on youtube). Pretty good British comedy about the inner workings of a police force, led by Rowan Atkinson. It's nothing to write home about, but it did have one of the best lines I've ever heard: “… my ass will be on the line, and I don’t want a cockup”

Just finished season 6 of Homeland. Excellent as always though I readily admit I can’t always follow all the subplots. Amazing acting from Rupert Friend, Claire Danes, F. Murray Abraham, Mandy Patinkin, Elizabeth Marvel.

Revisited Season 1 since I now have season 2 on dvd to watch. Horrible length of time between seasons, but an excellent tv drama. Elisabeth Moss excellent.