New DVDs

Tools    

I picked up Back to School, Some Like it Hot: SE, Kingpin, City Slickers, Ghostbusters and Austin Powers last week. I also ordered El Mariachi/Desperado, Boiler Room, Charlie's Angels and The Firm.

I just got a DVD player last week, and bought the following DVDs:

Spartacus
L.A. Confidential
Best of Friends Vols. 1 and 2
High Noon
Ben-Hur
Heat
The Maltese Falcon
Cool Hand Luke
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Othello
Lawrence of Arabia
2001: A Space Odyssey
Se7en

I finally broke down and ordered Rated X. I wanted to see it, but didn't have Showtime when it was on and the copy at the video store is ALWAYS checked out (give your movie a title like that, and it will always be checked out). Since the DVD was only $14.99, I decided I'd just buy a copy since that's apparently the only way I'll ever get to see the movie.

Just bought Fight Club, Emperor's New Groove, Big Hit, and Crouching Tiger.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Just got a refund check from the University for a dropped class and decided to blow a lot of it on some DVD's.

We just picked up

Some Like It Hot
Final Destination (on recommendation from the board)
O Brother Where Art Thou?
The Killer.
Night of the Living Dead.

Just picked up Pitch Black and Carnival of Souls on my way back from The Fast and Furious. I can't wait to watch them tonight when it gets dark!

I just ordered Fight Club, Richard III (Ian McKellen version), and Being John Malkovich from Amazon.com.

I also ordered Wilde, but that was on VHS (because there is no DVD, dammit!

The Exorcist (the version you've never seen)
Terminator (collectors edition)

Z¥GG¥

X - ZZ - X
Cause it makes us feel like we are needed

I think if I get any DVD at all, it will be either be MANGA or Animation. Still waiting for Hayao Miyazaki's work to be DVD'ed.

I bought "A Fish Called Wanda" at Wal-Mart last night.

I also ordered the following online (but not at Wal-Mart):

A Simple Plan
O Brother Where Art Though
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Dog Day Afternoon
Dudley Do-Right (mostly for the kids, though I enjoyed the movie, too, for some reason)
Fletch
In The Line of Fire: SE
The Jerk
Primary Colors (which I almost bought at Wal-Mart in a package with Erin Brockovich, but the thing didn't have a price on it)
Westworld

And I preordered Wayne's World 1 and 2.

I just heard that Fawlty Towers is being released on DVD in October, and Memento is being released on Sept 4th, so I'm certainly going to be placing orders for those.

Picked up All the President's Men and Zero Effect today.

Just picked up Rosemary's Baby and Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Yesterday I bought Shawshank and Manhattan

Oh yeah. I'll try to get that out soon (funny, I said that last time, didn't I?). Got some packaging ready and all that. Anyway, I got 4 more DVDs in the mail today:
  • The Usual Suspects
  • The Shawshank Redemption
  • Unbreakable
  • Monty Python and the Holy Grail

While vacationing in Seattle, I picked up Chaplin and All About Eve. I also bought The Importance of Being Earnest on VHS (since there is no DVD).

Oh, and the Manhunter VHS was on sale for $6.99 at Suncoast so I bought that as well.