Coronavirus

Tools    

This whole thing is media panic mongering.
The major thing I'm pissed at, is that in the UK, the media panic mongers aren't saying exactly who has died.
If you do some digging though, ALL deaths, are people in their 70s and 80s, who already had underlying illnesses like cancer and heart disease or have compromised immune systems.
It takes a LOT of digging to find the facts, because the media don't report it. They just love to panic monger for click bait and to sell papers.
I agree with you 100%

That's the same Dr. Drew with right wing leanings, that constantly warns of a homeless plaque disease outbreak. Sounds hypocritical to me as he ties homeless to a potential disease plaque, while saying stupidly the coronavirus is nothing worse than the common flu. I'm sure Italy didn't lock down part of their country over the common flu.

Dr. Drew Warns Of Plague Outbreak: How The Homeless Crisis Puts Los Angeles At Risk of Norovirus, Typhus, and Rickettsial Infections

And this is the same Dr. Drew who's CNN TV show Dr. Drew on Call was cancelled after he made false claims on a radio talk show that Hillary Clinton was gravely ill during the last presidential election.

With that in mind I personally believe he's parroting the Trump administrations Cornonavirus policy: aka 'don't worry be happy'.
Dr. Drew did not make up the statistics he quoted. They are from governmental or academic sources.

Here is a statistical source valid through today, March 11.: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ Similar statistics are here: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

If one scrolls down to look at the chart, it lists how many affected in each country, how many deaths, and how many coronavirus cases per 1 million population. The worst hit seems to be Italy, at 206 cases of the virus per million population. China's is only 56 cases per million. These numbers should not keep a sensible person up at night.

Italy also seems to have the highest death rate per cases of the virus. It's interesting that the Diamond Princess cruise ship had the lowest incidence of death per illness at 1% (7 of 696 infected), despite that they were in closed quarters. Perhaps the passengers were younger healthier individuals.

If a person wants to be informed, he's not going to get an honest appraisal from the big establishment media, because they profit from exaggeration and half-truths. One has to dig around the web a little to find out the actual statistics minus the panic incitement.

~Doc

Dr. Drew did not make up the statistics he quoted. They are from governmental or academic sources.

Here is a statistical source valid through today, March 11.: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ Similar statistics are here: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

If one scrolls down to look at the chart, it lists how many affected in each country, how many deaths, and how many coronavirus cases per 1 million population. The worst hit seems to be Italy, at 206 cases of the virus per million population. China's is only 56 cases per million. These numbers should not keep a sensible person up at night.

Italy also seems to have the highest death rate per cases of the virus. It's interesting that the Diamond Princess cruise ship had the lowest incidence of death per illness at 1% (7 of 696 infected), despite that they were in closed quarters. Perhaps the passengers were younger healthier individuals.

One has to dig around the web a little to find out the actual statistics minus the panic incitement.

~Doc
You're missing one very important insight, as Yoda has already pointed out, we are at the very start of the coronavirus pandemic, so numbers of cases and deaths will go up and can't at this point be correlated with the common flu.

The President just suspended all flights to or from Europe for a month, in case that gives anybody intellectual permission to consider this serious.

President just addressed the nation locking down Europe travel... But he oddly excluded the UK?

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Europe travel ban
T.Hanks and Rita Wilson confirmed.
NBA season suspended and possible NHL season suspension announcement Thursday.
Senate blocks emergency sick leave bill

I hope the travel ban to Europe doesn't occur for Canada as my Daycare Provider is currently on vacation in Scotland.

Suspect's Reviews

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The President's speech, for those who missed it

Like...I know it's been years since he won the presidency...but I still have to remind myself that and am still shocked to see him in that seat. Donald Trump....President. To this day, still shocked.

Like...I know it's been years since he won the presidency...but I still have to remind myself that and am still shocked to see him in that seat. Donald Trump....President. To this day, still shocked.
Same.

All These Sport things didnt suspend anything during the Bird or Swine Flu. I think media is doing nothing but spreading more panic and Banning flights now is mute point if this is an air bourne issue.

The trick is not minding
My brother (and roommate) just messaged me his co workers wife has coronavirus.
Brother has to get tested since he has weekly meeting with the guy. Which means I may have to get tested.
We live 90 minutes from Baltimore which has had confirmed cases already.
Not worried...yet.

Europe travel ban
T.Hanks and Rita Wilson confirmed.
NBA season suspended and possible NHL season suspension announcement Thursday.
Senate blocks emergency sick leave bill...
All very much proof that this isn't no worse than the average flu season.

Edit: that's meant to read as sarcasm.

Brother has to get tested since he has weekly meeting with the guy. Which means I may have to get tested.
Not worried...yet.
Bummer. I hope all goes well for everyone. Keep us informed.

The trick is not minding
Not worried...yet.
Bummer. I hope all goes well for everyone. Keep us informed.
Yeah, I’m thinking if he tests positive I’ll have to get tested. If I by some small chance test positive, well....time off work and more time to binge movies.

Yeah, I’m thinking if he tests positive I’ll have to get tested. If I by some small chance test positive, well....time off work and more time to binge movies.
More time to binge watch movies! Being positive I like that.