"The Office" Revival in the works

Tools    

http://tvline.com/2017/12/18/the-off...2018-new-cast/

"NBC is getting ready to put pen to paper on a revival of The Office.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that the Peacock network is eyeing a continuation of the beloved workplace comedy for the 2018-2019 season. The revival would once again be set at Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton, PA., branch, and feature a mix of new and old cast members. Steve Carell, who starred as the branch’s regional manager, Michael Scott, for seven of the comedy’s nine seasons, will not be involved in the new series. The search for a new RM/boss is said to be already underway.

NBC declined to comment on or confirm any details of this story.

Roughly a month before NBC’s successful relaunch of Will & Grace, network president Bob Greenblatt revealed to reporters that his revival wish list included The Office (as well as 30 Rock). “We often talk about The Office,” the exec told our sister site Deadline. “I’ve talked to Greg [Daniels] four times over the past few years. It’s always, ‘Maybe someday, but not now’. There is certainly an open invitation, but we don’t have anything happening right now. If he wants to do it, I would do it."

without Steve Carrell tho ? not sure if I'm interested.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I prefer the original. Never really got into the american remake. I think it depends with those across the pond remakes on what you watch and get hooked by first.

What say you @Swan? Color me worried.
Well, it could be good - you never know - but yeah, I'm skeptical. No Steve Carrell is gonna be hard to pull off. But never say never, just like Justin Bieber.

Well, it could be good - you never know - but yeah, I'm skeptical. No Steve Carrell is gonna be hard to pull off. But never say never, just like Justin Bieber.
Justin Bieber would be genius casting

I prefer the original. Never really got into the american remake. I think it depends with those across the pond remakes on what you watch and get hooked by first.
You should give it a chance, 1st series is pretty much a carbon copy, but after that it's it's own thing

You should give it a chance, 1st series is pretty much a carbon copy, but after that it's it's own thing
Yes I heard it was really good, but I got hooked on Gareth.

Geez, was hoping this would be a Gervais thing. That BBC version was ridiculous. Loved it!

Gareth all the way for me.

I've actually really gone off Gervais but I really liked the whole show and would watch it again even if he was in it. Still laughing about the boy and a shark scene! That cracked me up.

Yes I heard it was really good, but I got hooked on Gareth.
Creed is the star for the US

Just finish it today and it's probably the best Finale I've ever seen. All-around amazing TV-Show love it.