Top 53 Music Artists Countdown

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, one thing that I questioned is whether or not I judge/rank artists purely by how I rate their songs/albums or if I just rank them by my overall gut-feeling impression of them. If I were to judge artists by how many five-star albums they had (or just their average album score to compensate for different-sized discographies), then my list would probably be different even as I'm not so sure it'd reflect how I truly felt about the artists in question. I just went for the gut in the end and I don't think the results are too bad - better that than to settle on the boring conventional answers because they'd done enough albums that counted as "classics" or what-have-you.

Yeah, one thing that I questioned is whether or not I judge/rank artists purely by how I rate their songs/albums or if I just rank them by my overall gut-feeling impression of them. If I were to judge artists by how many five-star albums they had (or just their average album score to compensate for different-sized discographies), then my list would probably be different even as I'm not so sure it'd reflect how I truly felt about the artists in question. I just went for the gut in the end and I don't think the results are too bad - better that than to settle on the boring conventional answers because they'd done enough albums that counted as "classics" or what-have-you.
Same, my instinct is to rank by number of albums of theirs I have, but that might be their entire discography or only a fraction, and my overall appreciation still varies besides.