"You don't get to..."

Tools    

After writing Grey's Anatomy for 13 years, it's time for Shonda to retire the phrase "You don't get to..." It was cute and innovative the first couple of seasons but now it's just played out. C'mon Shonda, I just watch ep 7 of Scandal...you're better than that.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
What kind of discussion are you hoping to get here?

Suspect's Reviews

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
but but but...
you don't get to do that?! ...start a thread where there's.... hm.
well.
no, you're right.
ignore my reply!

i'll go hang my head in shame cuz this isn't nearly as funny in text as it was when echoing through my head earlier, but now i've pretty much committed to the post so i feel i should probably just post it and be done with it. on principle. or something.... mostly. i guess. it's just that i've already spent some time typing to this point, and for some idiotic reason i am still typing. maybe i'm hoping to salvage this effort, but who am i kidding here? i think we all know what the chances are of that happening now. i mean. it's like life. if you're not a rock star, NBA pro, or other media hype by a certain age then it's just not going to happen. the same with this reply. it just hasn't happened yet. probably won't. that's on me though. hey. i'm not suggesting that you're not going to be one of the aforementioned celebrities, nor am i suggesting that you even want to be. i mean, i don't even know you! for all i do know, you already are! if you are, then don't tell me! i want to believe. we all need something good to believe in. i am only trying to make a point, i guess. on the other hand, if you do truly have ambitions of that sort and for whatever reason(s) you have not yet reached them, then by all means i sincerely wish you well on your journey. i had a dream once. a few, actually. as i get older i realize that those dreams are most likely just that---dreams. but that should not discourage you! i've lived my life. more or less. well, i'm still living it. ...more or less. you? the world is your oyster. and this, your thread. wear that badge proudly. i will be here sulking for a lack of my own badge; and rambling on and on in a thread that i had no business jumping into to begin with. but. i hope that we can all learn something from this? and look forward to tomorrow. ...again. .......together.

so, please ignore my post; post-reading it, of course.
sigh.

WOAH! i don't think i've ever typed "aforementioned" before! there is something good to be taken from this!

mm italics.
mmmm lower cases.

p.s.(ish): it's not the post that depresses me so much; it's the number of edits i've made to it that's the real kick to the gut.