Game of Thrones Season 7

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
WARNING: spoilers below
Lyanna (Ned's sister) and Raegan Targaryen (I think I spelled that correctly)
Thanks. I dont know why I cant remember that. I think for me there are just too many characters. I cant even remember who those two are. Really need to read the books to get a handle on all of these names.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Can I just say, the dead giants look awesome

Shame we apparently don't have a living giant for a face off

so how long did it take everyone to figure out what was gonna happen in the cold open?
The minute he rambled on about calling the whole family together I knew who "he" was. The girls bringing in wine confirmed it. Great scene and great acting by Maisie Williams.

Ok, so did anyone figure out who the arm in the cell (that scared Sam) belonged to? I had no idea until I read a recap of the episode: it's
WARNING: "" spoilers below
Ser Jorah

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Personally I think the shows been on the decline since the near perfect if not perfect season 4. Awkward sheeran cameo and strange Sam tali scene are the obvious things I can poke a stick at. Not that I could do better but straying from the source material has hurt the show imo. Of course I'll continue to watch and it is watchable.....

Welcome to the human race...
I daresay that their straying from the source material is more than a little justified these days.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I daresay that their straying from the source material is more than a little justified these days.
Correct. It's either that or put the show on hiatus for several years waiting for Martin to finish. Still, to my original point and opinion (opinion only as clearly it's well received both critically and commercially), the characters and story have suffered. Maybe I do need to adjust my expectations, I'm coming off watching Deadwood and Westworld with the former being a triumph of character development and dialogue.

Loved the episode and the nice, numerous base-touches on most of the characters.

As I told in a previous post a couple of pages back, my niece is privy to a website where a spy from the set reports in under an assumed name. I also said how he/she told every major plot point correctly for Season 6 to the letter. So, that said, some things I've heard via my niece are getting me jazzed. And the opening scene with
Arya as Walder Frey wiping out the rest of the Freys came about exactly as the source fortold. I was very pleased with that and I liked how Arya calmly strolled out of the banquet hall with a satisfied look on her face.

The whole Ed Sheeran thing I thought was a bit awkward, but because I'm not a fan of his and don't follow his every move or appearance/CDs, it didn't bother me the way it would if someone more famous like, say, Katy Perry or someone of her measure (or measurements ) appeared. I wonder about Arya looking at their weapons and if she's sizing them up to kill them. I kind of hope not as they were very cordial to her.

People on YouTube and various sites have different theories about Nymeria. Most of them seem to think that she is there to
save Arya from some danger. I had a thought that maybe Nymeria sees the faces of all the people Arya has changed into and doesn't recognize her. Others have theorized that perhaps the wolf shown is not Nymeria and Nymeria shows up to save Arya from this wolf. Food for thought.
But I hope Nymeria lasts for a while as we only have two direwolves left and besides dying to protect their masters/mistresses, or being outright killed (by Ned), what purpose have they served. The Stark children are supposed to have the same Warging ability in their DNA that Bran has so I'm hoping for that with Nymeria and Ghost. It would be a waste if they just snuffed it.

Favorite moments:

Dany touching the sand at Dragonstone. Even though we've seen moments like this in other movies or shows, it was very touching to me as she felt the sand of her real home. And everyone around her didn't say a word for the whole time they showed them there. It was if the whole event was awe-inspiring or overwhelming for them all. At the very least, they knew what it meant to Dany and they respected her enough to stay still. I noticed Missandei motion for Grey Worm to hang back. I guess he thought it was time to move forward but she shut that down real quick.

Lyanna Mormont dressing down Yohn Royce (if I'm correct in assuming it was him) about women and children fighting for their homeland, and her statement about her own determination to fight. Love this character!

When crazy-eyed Euron Greyjoy took a foot forward up the steps leading to THE Throne, the Mountain stepped towards him. Euron smiled but he damn sure stepped back down.

Euron taunting Jaime by saying, "I have a whole fleet and two strong hands!" Jaime was staring daggers at him.

The continued evolution of The Hound. His burial of the man and his daughter, his seeing the vision in the flames. I wonder about that---was he able to see it because he's now part of the Brotherhood Without Banners and they worship the God of Fire and now he's able to see things in the flames like them? Whatever the reason, I liked how Thoros of Myr came out and helped him bury the bodies.

Edd's scared look North as he let Meera and Bran through the tunnel. He stood there alone, but not for long.

I hate Euron but I thought the ships were cool, especially the one they focused on, with the Greyjoy sigil on the sails and the sea creature (squid?) carved into the prow of the lead ship.

And lastly, my favorite image was the three dragons flying over Dragonstone. How perfect that was. As it is Dany's home, it's theirs also and it just seemed so fitting.

Instead of a violence or scenes of a sexual nature warning, they need to do a "Never eat or drink when the Hound is talking, you will either choke or spray"
His line about topknots was one of his best

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Interesting episode, we got to see every major character and it had the best cold opening in the series to date.

Suspect's Reviews

There's just no chance that Sansa and Jon end up in conflict outside of sibling bickering. Hopefully Bran gets thrown in the mix next episode so Sansa becomes 3rd in line for Winterfell lol.

Exited to see how the Targaryan reveal will play with the northern Lords. And how Littlefingers scheming will play out.

Thinking about ep 1 again first couple of scenes were a bit crowd pleasurish, it's unclear whether Area wiped out Walders sons/grandsons or just soldiers.

Instead of a violence or scenes of a sexual nature warning, they need to do a "Never eat or drink when the Hound is talking, you will either choke or spray"
His line about topknots was one of his best
I was genuinely having my breakfast during Sams poop/soup montage! Lovely!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Didn't notice this at all, but apparently Sansa, in exactly the scene where she's talking about Cersei with Jon ("you almost sound as if you admire her..."), has the same hairdo she used to:

Worth noting that, early in the series, she seems like a pretty awful kid, reflexively siding with Joffrey out of a desire for prestige and power. Obviously she's been a good guy far more often than not, but there's some groundwork there for her innate character, should they choose to go that way.
that's an interesting observation, but

WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
if any of the Starks are acting like Cersi right now, it's Arya

A system of cells interlinked
There's just no chance that Sansa and Jon end up in conflict outside of sibling bickering. Hopefully Bran gets thrown in the mix next episode so Sansa becomes 3rd in line for Winterfell lol.

Exited to see how the Targaryan reveal will play with the northern Lords. And how Littlefingers scheming will play out.

Thinking about ep 1 again first couple of scenes were a bit crowd pleasurish, it's unclear whether Area wiped out Walders sons/grandsons or just soldiers.
Sons were baked into the pie last season! A couple of them, at least.

Ok, so did anyone figure out who the arm in the cell (that scared Sam) belonged to? I had no idea until I read a recap of the episode: it's
Ser Jorah
we watch tv in our house with the captions on, so that's how we knew. it's funny you mention that though cause my husband was like "why didn't they show him? no one will know it's him unless they have the captions on!" and i was like "pshaw, it's kinda obvious." apparently not that obvious tho

Sons were baked into the pie last season! A couple of them, at least.
Walder has about 50 heirs though.

I was genuinely having my breakfast during Sams poop/soup montage! Lovely!
when we rewatched the episode and it got to that scene again, i left the room until it was over

what i have a weak stomach

Walder has about 50 heirs though.
i'm not sure if all of the Freys were on Arya's kill list. i don't think her goal is to dismantle the entire house. she's going after the people who specifically wronged her and her family

Ser Jorah
Yeah, immediately. The guy's voice is very distinctive.