Song Tournament Matches

Tools    

I looked like that myself back in the day. Now I look back at the pictures and think, "OH MY GOD. Go back in time and kill it with fire."

In any case, I'm pretty sure the 32 year old Lang looks different than the 17 year old Lang did. Not that any of that is relevant to his music. Also, the song is from 1998 so - by your own statement - his look was appropriate for the time.

In any case, I'm pretty sure the 32 year old Lang looks different than the 17 year old Lang did. Not that any of that is relevant to his music.
I see nothing wrong with judging an artist's looks, attitude, or whatever against their music.

Also, the song is from 1998 so - by your own statement - his look was appropriate for the time.
Does not mean he should have been looking that way, though. No, no, no. See, that's why 'NSYNC took off and Jonny Lang did not. I had never ever heard of Jonny Lang. He should have had a different appearance and he would have been a household name. Just because something is appropriate to the era does not mean you should go along with it. On the contrary, you should do something different to stand out.

'NSYNC took off and Jonny Lang did not.
Lang is a blues and gospel musician, not part of a pop boy band. He's well respected within his genres. And since you don't exactly broaden your horizons much, I wouldn't expect you to have heard of him.

Also if you're going to place judgement on him based on his looks, you need to do the same for Maiden.

Is this Iron Maiden?

Well, they're ugly, but I'd let them tie me up and do awful, disgusting things to me. They look like they could beat my ass up. I'm in love.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Iron Maiden.JPG
Views:	882
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	10857  

Here's Iron Maiden from sometime in the 1980s (the song posted is from 1988)

they look pretty much "of the time" to me.
They look great! I can see the penis and testicles through that one man's pair of red pants. I wish they had a beer for me.

Yeah, they look like pretty much every other 80s metal band. They don't exactly stand out from their peers in the looks department.

You're contradicting your own statement.

In any case, I don't find some dude's junk smashed inside skin tight red leather pants "sexy." But if that's your thing...

No, not everyone finds it sexy, but a lot of people do. It looks primal and animalistic. They -- Iron Maiden in the '80s -- look like beasts from the jungle. All of those hair bands from back then did. Sadly, I think that era is over now, though.

What does any of this have to do with the actual song?
Absolutely nothing, which is what I tried to point out to Sexy, but instead of taking the point, he seems determined to prove just how shallow he is.

As if we didn't already know.

No, not everyone finds it sexy, but a lot of people do. It looks primal and animalistic. They -- Iron Maiden in the '80s -- look like beasts from the jungle. All of those hair bands from back then did. Sadly, I think that era is over now, though.
OK, I've been all fine and dandy with this discussion, but now something needs to be said.

Iron Maiden weren't, and never have been, a hair metal band.

That is all.