Ufc

Tools    

No, what i want is the best vs the best= the best fights. the horsebleep fanboi allegiance thing from the old days when ufc and PRIDE competed for talent is silly.
Yes, I think everyone wants the best vs the best. I'm not a Pride fanboy from back in the day. I got interested in MMA after Pride was already finished. I don't support organisations; I support (a few) fighters.

Fedor is scared. and he should be. this isnt 2005. Fedor has seen once dominant scary dudes such as Nog and Cro-cop get handled. He is scared.
This is a ridiculous argument. You're just fishing now. Fedor isn't in the UFC because that organisation didn't meet his management's demands. That does not make Fedor scared to enter the UFC. Fedor should face Overeem sometime in the near future. He's better than all those UFC HWs, so if Fedor should "fear" anyone, it should be Overeem.

Have you ever seen Matt Hughes 1st 5 fights? his standup is terrible. His game evolved, as is Brocks. Thats the scary part.
The guy has no striking skills whatsoever. You can forget about him evolving towards being a striker like JDS or even Carwin. I see no maturity in his game. He submitted a guy who was so out of gas that he didn't defend Brock's takedown and made no attempt to sprawl / throw punches from the bottom. Anyone can submit a guy like that. Carwin was done in round 2.

So I'm definitely still skeptical of Brock's abilities. He's still overhyped to me, as are most UFC HWs.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Really, you see no maturity in his game? for real?

He took Carwin down ..passed guard and mounted. If his game hadn't evolved, or matured if you prefer, we would have seen hammer fists, and maybe the odd elbow, and thats about it.

He gave up the dominant position to go lock in the choke.

haters gonna hate all day, but to say he hasn't evolved is retarded.

Choking out a guy that is out of gas is not evolving. If we could see on our tv screens that Carwin looked gassed out, Brock saw it for sure. That arm triangle was the most efficient way to end the fight. Carwin didn't do anything at all from the bottom, so Brock was basically doing a training submission on a sparring partner. Anyone who calls himself an MMA fighter should know that move (except for the washed up, punch-drunk semi-retired boxers who only need their fists, as will be demonstrated by Toney).

Just pulling your leg a bit with that last comment, but I genuinely think that Brock is a person with a VERY limited skill set. He is a big, powerful guy with a good chin and wrestling skills. And he has proven that he can choke out a gassed-out 265 pound man.

If thinking this way makes me "retarded", then I stand by my retardedness.

What is your problem, man? I did nothing to provoke you to flame at me. I stated my opinion and substantiated it. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. It's ok for you not to agree with me, but there is no need for immature behaviour like this. You can save this for Sherdog where this type of behaviour is normal and probably fashionable.

But really, it just makes you look like a 12-year old keyboard warrior who wants to sound cool to the other posters he probably looks up to.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Just pulling your leg a bit with that last comment, but I genuinely think that Brock is a person with a VERY limited skill set. He is a big, powerful guy with a good chin and wrestling skills. And he has proven that he can choke out a gassed-out 265 pound man.
Incorrect.

He's also decisioned a seasoned vetran, taken out a UFC legend who put up a valiant fight but eventually succumbed to Brock's gorilla fists. He also took down a man who is well known for his excellent BJJ skills and arguably one of the most dangerous men in the world off his back and ground and pounded him to a point where he had nothing left. He's also evolving his stand up skills and learning how to lock on a few subs. Brock is a super athlete and sportsman, he went from WWE star to the NFL and was picked up by the Vikings. The guy is a sponge, he absorbs so much and learns very quickly. Whilst I don't expect to see him lock on a flying armbar on Big Nog anytime soon, his growth is undeniable.

When will the Brock hate stop? Mir took out one of the most respected MMA practioners in Big Nog and then got schooled by Lesnar, Randy has bought and pretty much beaten the best around and bar a few moments didn't offer much against Brock either. Perhaps when he takes Cain down and pummels him, people will start to respect Lesnar.

If thinking this way makes me "retarded", then I stand by my retardedness.
What is your problem, man? I did nothing to provoke you to flame at me. I stated my opinion and substantiated it. You are entitled to yours and I am entitled to mine. It's ok for you not to agree with me, but there is no need for immature behaviour like this. You can save this for Sherdog where this type of behaviour is normal and probably fashionable.

But really, it just makes you look like a 12-year old keyboard warrior who wants to sound cool to the other posters he probably looks up to.
what are you talking about dude. do you stand by your retardedmess or not? make up your mind.

what are you talking about dude. do you stand by your retardedmess or not? make up your mind.
There's a difference between speaking figuratively and literally. Clearly, this was not meant to be taken literally, hence why I put "retarded" between quotation marks.

Awaiting an apology.

It's all in the reflexes.
I went to a mates Brazilian Jiu Jitsu comp on sunday and as we were leaving we saw Soa "The Hulk" Palelei out the front just by himself, my mate got a photo and autograph. We were talking to him for a little bit and he said he has upcoming fights with Kimbo Slice and Andrei Arlovski

he hasn't fought in over a year. did he have surgery or something?

Kimbo is a can, but he may have his hands full with Arlovski.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I was just kidding btw, Kimbo is def a can and with that knee isnt going to be able to compete with anyone who has mildly decent leg kicks. Im glad Dana let go of him so soon and didnt try to cash in on him anymore, he was given his chane and failed miserably. That Houston fight was a disgrace.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Chael Sonnen vs Silva UFC 117 (SPOILER BELOW)

Just saw Sonnen vs Silva-- great fight-- I was rooting for Sonnen and he did exactly what he said he was going to do for 4 solid rounds, keeping Silva on his back and pounding him. Then at the end, for a split second, I thought I saw him lose focus for a sec and Silva took advantage and got him in a choke. Tough luck for Sonnen, but a good lesson for him on the need to finish opponents, especially dangerous ones like Silva. Hope they do a rematch, should be a good one as well!

Frankie Edgar wow i cant believe he beat penn again that was a big shock for me, also hahaha unlucky james taps toney!!!!!

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
i knew james big bitch toney would tap.. he didnt really expect a full stand up match against a mma fighter? but i guess all he cared for was the money. and if he won he wanted a shot at brock ? LOL gtfo

"There's No F***ing Ice Cream In Your F***ing Future"

Ufc.....hmmmmmmmmmmmm? I watch a Ufc match every time I go out on a friday night! The art of Boxing is where it's at..