7thson's Cooking Thread

Tools    

Come on Nebsy ... Skippy be delish
Wouldn't know as I have never eaten it, I don't eat meat

Colour out of Time
I have a vego friend that doesn't eat something he would pat ... don't understand why he doesn't pat fish or chicken

So Nebs ... what is your favourite dish ???

Originally Posted by 7thson
Poor Roo , you do not see me eating a Bald Eagle now do you?

Although they might be good.
hmmmm ... tastes like chicken methinks

I have a vego friend that doesn't eat something he would pat ... don't understand why he doesn't pat fish or chicken

So Nebs ... what is your favourite dish ???
I have started eating fish after 20yrs so i guess Tassi Salmon.

SEE PICS BELOW

Today i made my famous Chicken salad. This is no ordianry salad...

The chicken:

Marinated for 4 hours in rib thai sauce salt and pepper
coated in eggwhites and covered with a mixture of flour and italian seasoning
fried with butter and oil
Right before they are done, I removed the oil and butter and continued the cooking with pecan liquer (trade secret it semi carmalizes the outer part of the chicken and makes it slightly sweet and so god damn tender)

the salad:

all the usual suspects plus mushrooms, red onions, and pecans, and chedder cheese

The dressing:

Honey mustard with half a teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 table spoon peperjelly.

topped with:

croutons and freshly grated parmesian cheese

I totally barbecued the other day, but, alas, its all gone before digicam time! I'll get you on the next go-round.

Few days ago I slow roasted some chicken with some BBQ sauce, corn, salad, & noodles. Simple yet yummy.

This past Sunday was the first day of the season for the gas grill. I thought it was clean but it seems it sat all winter with some old gunk on it under its cover. So it took a good 4 hours to clean it up, but she is ready for the summer and we started off with some tenderloin.

The prep:

Par cooked sweet potatoes

Desilked corn-on-the-cob soaking:

Tenderloin Marinating:

On the Gril:

Corn grilled with shucks on, sliced sweet potatoes with honey butter, tendeloin rolled front to back then back to front till done.

Finished stuff :

Chilled watermelon, spinach and scalloped potaoes to finish it off.
(We love our starch here. )

I made my famous lasagnia today, put in the fridge for the flavors to blend in together and I'll stick it in the oven tomorrow...expect pics

By the way, old italian ladies in italy have begged me for this recipe saying its the best they've ever had so......yeah. I'm not giving it to them.

I have a new camera and i must say that it really sucks. Nothing looks in the pictures the way it does in real life. oh well.

Had some burgers and fries today:

and a few days earlier had some lasagnia:

The lasagna ( I sense more of a cooking technique than ingredients here ) and the burgers look yummy. The fries look a bit greasy (which may be on purpose, many folks like 'em that way) but other than that it all looks great.

I love grilled corn.... can I come live with you 7thson?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I love grilled corn.... can I come live with you 7thson?

I think I may have room in the shed....the other 5 teenagers take up all the room sorry, hmm wait, one of them is 20 and another is 21. Yeah please come on over and help my desire for an empty nest ring true.

Projecting the image of success
The dish I'm the most proud of I don't have a picture readily available. It's stuck on my effing phone and I cannot email it to myself. It's a:

Filet of pan seared salmon served over a fresh shaved salad of:

Cucumber, Carrot, and fresh mint leaves and dressed with:

A Blood Orange Vinagarette that I made from scratch.

I wish I had the picture to post. I love this dish and want to share it with the world.

The dish I'm the most proud of I don't have a picture readily available. It's stuck on my effing phone and I cannot email it to myself. It's a:

Filet of pan seared salmon served over a fresh shaved salad of:

Cucumber, Carrot, and fresh mint leaves and dressed with:

A Blood Orange Vinagarette that I made from scratch.

I wish I had the picture to post. I love this dish and want to share it with the world.
Recipe plz

I keep looking at E's pile of fries and onions... and I don't care if they're greasy or not... they look good and all I want to know if where's the hot sauce?

Projecting the image of success
A good cook never gives out his recipes . I lost the dressing recipe anyway, I need to re-make it and write it down again. I'm to lazy. Other than that you have the whole dish the only thing I left out is seasoning the salmon with kosher salt and fresh black pepper. Once I redo the dressing, I'll let ya know.

Also, this dish pairs nicely with a rich deep red wine, I used a blend called Menage a trois.

Equilibrium - I'd definitely eat your burger, but the fries.....Id need them a bit less greaselogged (which is basically hotter grease before you drop them, then they get cooked faster, and less greaselogged) - looks tasty man!

I've been fascinated with making Fried Rice ever since I recently scooted by a Japanese place (which is a Benihana knockoff). So I tried it a couple of times, and this time everyone said it came out correctly. Probably not really, but I liked it.

This is baked chicken, cabbage and fried rice. I fit the fried rice on the menu regardless of whether its supposed to be there!