Lost (Possible Spoilers)

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
I think Darths onto something. Walt and Locke are definatly the main characters to keep ya eye on. And Hurley as well i think. The thing that confuses me most about the plot is that there is a logic that you can follow when its come to this disease, The Others and the hatch etc, and even the 'monster' can be explained through science and governement type conspiracies and stuff. But then theres the supernatural part of the Island. Walt, the polar bears, jacks dad, clares baby. I just cant explain that stuff...

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
My eyes hurt! Got season 1 about 3 hours ago, sorry can't type long must watch more!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

May The Forks be With Us
whoa!!! the other's are real. That's amazing. I was with Charlie in saying that they don't exist. I bet you that the crazy down at the bottom of the hatch is that guy that Hurly met at the mental institute and that he is going to be an ally to the plane crash people. He would be a good one too because his place is fortified and he has big guns. Besides, I bet you I could take out all the others by myself. I also am of the opinion that Walt is dead. If you think about it the only other person it has shown like that was Jack's DEAD dad. If you put 2 and 2 together it makes sence. I don't know. I thought Jin had kicked as well, so it's possible I am wrong.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
1: He's not the same guy

2: They could be, not be the others...ROSE said the others took her alex 16 years ago, they could just be the tailend survivors of the plane.

3: Did anyone notice that the symbol in Desmonds hatch was on the shark????

4: Micheal gave walt a polar bear

5: Desmond is waiting for somebody...which leads me to believe that someone was down there bofore him...which is why everything down there is so old, and so many days, weeks, or years are tallyed on the wall.

Suspect's Reviews

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yah, I too noticed the insiginia on the shark.

Desmond can't be the original inhabitant of the hatch, he is probably waiting for either a replacement or for someone to join him (hence the bunk beds).

The others certainly are real, they took Walt already so we know they're real, the people at the end of tonight's episode are more of the others most likely. I doubt they'd all be more survivors, why else would they have gone and thrown Michelle Rodriguez into a pit? I doubt they went completely lord of the flies that fast.

I love this damned show!

Well, back in UK Claire and Charlie just found the guy who wasn't on the plane- Ethan? Anyway, pretty epic stuff, sent shivers down my spine. I think i probably need to catch up on the season before commenting. If anyone wants to, feel free to lend me your DVDs!

Almost finished season 1.
I'm on a biblical kick, the Island is God, Locke is the shepard, and Walt is Jesus, well he has 2 fathers and one made a raft, the island is giving each main character a chance of redemption, a sort of purgatory, plus there are around 12 main characters, similar to the desicples.
I have to stop using magic mushrooms in my omlettes!!!
There are so many possibilities, it always throws up many surprises, I'm addicted, and I know it'll be ages before we get season 2 over here.
Why does Locke know everybodys darkest secrets and how to solve them?
Away to lie down in a darkened room.

I was thinking it might be purgatory, i mean, they shouldn't have survived the crash at all, plus all seem to have some sins yet are good people. It answers a lot of questions but i don't stick with it as i'd feel so cheated if it were the case.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I was thinking it might be purgatory, i mean, they shouldn't have survived the crash at all, plus all seem to have some sins yet are good people. It answers a lot of questions but i don't stick with it as i'd feel so cheated if it were the case.
Same here. I think Darth's idea is brilliant, but if he's right I may have to pummel him. (gently)

Hang on Darth's idea? Steady love, i posted the idea way before Darthy boy.

Anyway, never thought about Locke and Walt's roles, especially as Micheal is a carpenter of sorts. Very interesting.

Anyway, i'm jumping way too far ahead of myself. Got a two week wait to find out Charlie and Claire's fate with Ethan the creepy spy for the 'others'.

Havn't seen the island beast for a while either....

Just a quick qu, who's everyone's top 3 favourite characters?

Mine are:

1) Sayid
2) Charlie
3) Locke

LOL, the purgatory thing is false, the creators have already dismissed that idea.

There are so many things in this show.....don't read the followin if your not finished season 1.

Someone on IMDB posted a link from mapquest or somekind of site like that, the numbers that Hurley won the lotto with and that are on the side of the hatch....are also the coordinates of a little place called Nigeria.....so at least we know that they could be in the area.

Did you see the Magnetic thing in the hatch that pulled Jack's Key.....this could have caused the plane to crash.

You see Desmonds painting, it had the number 108 and the word sick on it....hmmmm 4...8...15...16...23...42= 108

The one thing that pisses me off is that Jack still thinks Locke is insane or something, with everything that he's witnessed on the island....

1) A commercial airliner crashes thousands of feet into an island. 48 survive, most with minor injuries.

2) A dog survived the plane crash. Wouldn't he have been in a cage in the cargo hold?

3) 4...8...15...16...23...42

4) A French transmission that's been sending an S.O.S. for 16 years without being picked up by anyone.

5) Two friggin' polar bears on a tropical island!

6) The black smokey thing that appears to be the monster.

7) The monster (if it's not the smokey thing).

8) A hatch buried in the middle of the island that says quarantine on it.

9) A guy he met years before, talked with for five minutes, is in the hatch!

10) A ship miles inland (S.S. Black Rock)

11) Ethan Rom

12) The Others.

13) Seeing his dad walking around the island and him not being in the coffin.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Hang on Darth's idea? Steady love, i posted the idea way before Darthy boy.

Anyway, never thought about Locke and Walt's roles, especially as Micheal is a carpenter of sorts. Very interesting.

Damn you Pyro, I was so looking forward to that gentle pummelling!!!

Just finished season 1, questions, questions and more questions!!!

I thought the numbers might be co-ordinates, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Bermuda Triangle, especially as triangles play a prominent part in Danielle's maps.

There are so many different theories about Lost, I guess JJ is the only one that really knows what's going on. Just hope the bad CGI polarbears don't feature much in the second series!

May The Forks be With Us
I think that the other's are actually natives of the island. Whoever said before the they are probably just plane crash survivors, you must not have gotten a good look at them or didn't see the preview for next week because they look like they are native to that island. Also, I am of the opinion that Desmond is waiting for Hurley. It said in the season 2 premiere that Hurley said there was a guy at his hospital that was insane and kept repeating those numbers, I think it was Desmond. If it is Hurley who he is waiting on, then maybe, just maybe, Desmond will be an ally instead of an enemy and help them fight the others. With that shark thing, I think y'all are just making that up. maybe I will have to watch it again or something but I think you just want to see things that aren't there. My friend and I were talking about it and we thought it would be crazy if Jack's dad was alive and well and incharge of the others on the island. That would be crazy, but it's just the twist you would expect from these people that wirte this great stuff, it's insanity but it's great stuff.

Originally Posted by HellboyUnleashed
I think that the other's are actually natives of the island. Whoever said before the they are probably just plane crash survivors, you must not have gotten a good look at them or didn't see the preview for next week because they look like they are native to that island. Also, I am of the opinion that Desmond is waiting for Hurley. It said in the season 2 premiere that Hurley said there was a guy at his hospital that was insane and kept repeating those numbers, I think it was Desmond. If it is Hurley who he is waiting on, then maybe, just maybe, Desmond will be an ally instead of an enemy and help them fight the others. With that shark thing, I think y'all are just making that up. maybe I will have to watch it again or something but I think you just want to see things that aren't there. My friend and I were talking about it and we thought it would be crazy if Jack's dad was alive and well and incharge of the others on the island. That would be crazy, but it's just the twist you would expect from these people that wirte this great stuff, it's insanity but it's great stuff.
DUDE, that guy in the mental hospital is not DESMOND, they are clearly two different people. Theo ne has an accent for crying out loud.

It's been 44 some odd days right? Why can't they be apart of the plane??? Maybe they took a different way of living because they didn't have the doctor with them, they all got sick and what-not, hence they don't look like the survivors.

I already believe that Desmond is a good-guy, with the next week prev you see that the computer is shoot, so DESMOND can no longer enter the number code, which re-starts the timer, what-ever it does...maybe controls the monster? It seems he has to re-enter that code every 108 minutes or something...cause when he no loner can enter the code, he says we are all dead....and then we see him running through the jungle.

YES, HURLEY does go into the hatch, you see it on the next week preview, interesing, how does he get down there....the rope cannot support him and the hatch opening is too small.

Everyone I talk to saw that symbol on the shark, it was clear as day to me.

Main theories:

Government Experiement.
The island is a submarine/vessel of some kind.
Ever see the movie CUBE....could be a crazy rich guy.
Reality TV SHOW
Supernatural explanation
THEY ARE NOT ALL DEAD.

Reality TV show would be such a painful cop out.

I don't actually think Jack's dad was on the plane at all. It may have already been explained but i remember the airport staff saying he wasn't able to take his father's corpse aboard, so perhaps he just took the coffin and imagined his father wheh he was on the island.

It seems Hurley become more important.... when's his episode? And also Walt's, Kate and Locke's 2nd (?)

Why would he only take the coffin??? Where would he leave the body????

The body was already in the coffin...it seems pretty stupid to take it out of the coffin and fly it without the body.

Hurley's ep will prob be at the end of the season, like the first season was. I sure hope not though....his story is more interesting then Michael's...

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm assuming you guys are referring to the first season?

Hurley's episode is number 18, not sure which one you're already on. If I remember the order right, Locke's second episode is before Hurley's first and is just as fantastic. Kate has two or three in there, but I still find the kate-centric episodes to be really uninteresting.