Cya later guys

Tools    

If this post is deleted then so Be it:

I love everyone of you here: from SB to Holden.

A post of mine has been deleted because I spoke from the heart. That is all I have ever done. I do not lie nor do I try to gain popularity from my thoughts. I understand the deletion , yet I do not. It is not like I was grandstanding, or was begging for understanding. All those who are a Father would understand. If I cannot be accepted nor understood then I am not welcome, so I bid you all farewell....may life be great to you and I love you all .......even you Yoda... Cya in the next plane, I hope there it is okay to vent ones' frustration among family. Peace

Dude, don't do this.

*sigh*

If you have AIM, talk to me. I have the same username. LordSlaytan2005 on yahoo.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not a father, but I'm the oldest of seven, and as such I've had to play the role of father at times. My two youngest brothers feel a lot more like sons than anything else to me.

John is someone's son, too, though. He said something insensitive and rude, but he could not have known how close to home it would hit some of the people here. For that reason, I don't think he should have had to bare the full brunt of what you had to say to him, at least not in those words. If you disagree, I respect that, but I thought about the decision before I made it, and I have to stand by it.

I am not taking his side; far from it. If you or anyone else wishes to admonish him without making it a personal matter, they are free to do so. But I don't think we should be coming down on him and laying personal matters of our own at his feet simply because he spoke without thinking.

I hope you'll reconsider, but whether you do or not, best of luck.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Originally Posted by 7thson
I may be down n out, but I am not "out"...cya round peeps ...I am not mad nor sad...just out Love ya!

I'm kind of confused and sad .....

Yoda has this effect on people.

I am having a nervous breakdance
What the hell happened here?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

All this talk of actions passed just invokes ones curiousity, this is like torture.....

We allowed to ask for a summary of events?

Anyway, i gather 7thson, you're leaving, t'is a shame, but have fun!

history *is* moralizing
yep, good luck 7thson. bonne chance.

Put me in your pocket...
I may be down n out, but I am not "out"...cya round peeps ...I am not mad nor sad...just out Love ya!

7thson, I don't know what was posted and deleted, but I do hope you'll reconsider and stay. I was really happy to see that you were starting to post again. Your posting from the heart is one of the things that's made you a great member. Please stay...we love you too.

Stay 7thson.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Without knowing the situation, it's hard to know what to say here 7th - but on the whole I think anyone who isn't repeatedly insulting or negative is accepted here. This is an accepting place - and you are accepted and loved more than many. You're part of the Mofo heartbeat surely?

From the sound of it I doubt Yods would have censured your heartfelt post in other circumstances - he's not stopping you from expressing yourself necessarily - he just felt it was too strong a response for John's young ears.

Take issue with it sure. Repost under different circumstances perhaps. But don't bug out man.

If you feel you have to, then take care and i wish you well. It'd just be a shame is all.

The fact that 7thson made it rather public last night tends to make me believe that he won't mind that you guys know...plus, a little support from the people who care about him around here could never hurt.

He just found out that his little girl had been molested and was offended that Johhny made what M. Jackson may have done to little children seem unimportant. 7thson, like me, can sometimes get really offended and go off the deep end. Yoda deleted his deep end post because we all know Johnny is a good kid who would never intentionally hurt anyone here, especially under any circumstance like this one, and he felt that a post tearing into him was too much.

It's really not a big deal what happened here last night, but emotions can sometimes run high when a daddy is hurtin'.

We all care about you, bro. No one wants you to leave. And besides, why pile a whole heap of guilt on Johhny's shoulders? Anyway...sorry if I stepped outta line by posting this.

I am not really angry about the deletion of my post, but it was the truth and smothering the truth is not in my nature. My goal was to try and wave some smelling salt underneath the noses of people in general. The only way I have ever known how to talk is with my heart on my sleeve and to always leave my mind open. The thing that upset me was the way it was stated by some, not only John, that it did not matter if MJ was guilty or not. That is a cold line of thought I think. I thank all of you for your best wishes, and I am sure I will be back again, but I am gonna take a break.

I am not really angry about the deletion of my post, but it was the truth and smothering the truth is not in my nature. My goal was to try and wave some smelling salt underneath the noses of people in general. The only way I have ever known how to talk is with my heart on my sleeve and to always leave my mind open. The thing that upset me was the way it was stated by some, not only John, that it did not matter if MJ was guilty or not. That is a cold line of thought I think. I thank all of you for your best wishes, and I am sure I will be back again, but I am gonna take a break.
I know the feeling man. Sometimes you just want to say exactly what is on your chest. And it sucks even more when you are not allowed to express those worries because of someone else's rules.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
I know the feeling man. Sometimes you just want to say exactly what is on your chest. And it sucks even more when you are not allowed to express those worries because of someone else's rules.
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but this sounds like a somewhat subtle attempt to recast your previous bannings into some sort of martyrdom. If so, I'd have to say it's nothing short of revisionism. Sometimes we all want to say exactly what's on our minds. But it's not always fair or appropriate, even if it's understandable.

All you have to do is worry about what bothers you, but it's my job to worry about what bothers other forum members, and that includes John and SC, and anyone else who might've made an insensitive remark without realizing just how close to home it would hit for someone else. Their remarks may have been thoughtless, but they were not malicious.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Was 7thson's post malicious?
I wouldn't use that word, no. But it was very angry, and it wasn't really about Jackson, either.

If someone had said something like "I don't care whether or not Robert Blake murdered his wife," it wouldn't be fair for one of us who perhaps knew a murder victim to start guilting and shaming that person with our personal experiences and outrage. That's essentially what happened here. John's comment was mostly about our obsession with celebrities, and it's obvious that saying "Frankly, I don't give a damn if he did it or not" doesn't mean he doesn't care about molestation victims. He's guilty of inconsiderate phrasing, but not much more.

If you'd all like to judge for yourself I can post the content of the post, since it's become an issue. 7thson has said himself numerous times that he understands why it was deleted, though, so I'm surprised there's so much controversy surrounding the matter.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
Hmm...are you going on again about your, "I hate Israel" thread? Yes, it's too bad that a lovely little hate thread was deleted on this movie forum. Poor you.

Let's move on. M'kay?