The Handmaid's Tale

Tools    

Here's a bunch of screencaps I made that show how the DoPs use symmetry in the show. It accentuates that feeling that Gilead is a highly authoritarian, controlled, facist, rigid state.
Good Post - clever.

Anybody watching the new season? I'm gonna wait till they are all done so I can binge watch them. This may be the best show I saw last year. Can't wait for the second season to finish!

Anybody watching the new season? I'm gonna wait till they are all done so I can binge watch them. This may be the best show I saw last year. Can't wait for the second season to finish!

Doing the same. Came too close to having an episode spoiled online, but good thing for my recently discovered ninja-like reflexes. Never exited a site so fast.

This might just do nobody any good.
I’m trying to make time so I can re-watch the first season because, I don’t know, OCD.

I was worried that season 2 wouldn’t be as good, but I need not have worried.

Doing the same. Came too close to having an episode spoiled online, but good thing for my recently discovered ninja-like reflexes. Never exited a site so fast.
The New York Times is murderous for spoilers. They ruined at least 2 plot points for me in The Sopranos.

I’m trying to make time so I can re-watch the first season because, I don’t know, OCD.
I always rewatch the previous season if it’s been a while. (Some shows have 2-3 years between seasons, which drives me nuts.) It’s always good to refresh one’s memory before moving on.

Just started a re-watch. I remember now a good chunk of the show but I really went hard on this one. I may have watched it in a one or two day period. The first 30 minutes of the show had me hooked. Hard.

A system of cells interlinked
My wife and I gave this a shot this week, but we bailed after about 30 minutes. Aside from some above average camera work, the show was pretty terrible across the board, filled with cliche and over-the-top postmodern drivel.

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought it overrated.

The show itself maybe getting a little weaker with certain elements seemingly dragging the plot along forcefully, but the cinematography of episode 6 was off the charts:

Unregistered User
The show itself maybe getting a little weaker with certain elements seemingly dragging the plot along forcefully, but the cinematography of episode 6 was off the charts:

Promise I'm not stalking you SL!

I'm only halfway through the 2nd season and whilst its not as good as the 1st I'm still enjoying it.

Promise I'm not stalking you SL!

I'm only halfway through the 2nd season and whilst its not as good as the 1st I'm still enjoying it.
Ha. Yeah there are ups and downs in this show. I think it has obvious flaws, but I can't stop looking at it. Aesthetically, it is hugely impressive. The DoPs are Stuart Biddlecombe and Colin Watkinson (who did The Fall, which looked mesmerizing). Very clever camera placement and very lovely wide shots with lots of deep reds and teals. Beautiful stuff.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think season 3 so far is better than season 2 was. So many weird, seemingly random things happened in season 2. Season 3 seems to be marching along with an end goal in mind, for a change.

I am, though, getting tired of June standing up for herself at all the wrong times. This show needs to have a definite end date so they can start heading there... right away.

I agree on the lovely cinematography, though. Striking shots this past week.

Aesthetically, it is hugely impressive. The DoPs are Stuart Biddlecombe and Colin Watkinson (who did The Fall, which looked mesmerizing). Very clever camera placement and very lovely wide shots with lots of deep reds and teals. Beautiful stuff.
Didn’t know this. Loved The Fall. Some of the internal shots are also great - so atmospheric.

This show needs to have a definite end date so they can start heading there... right now
I’m loving the show. Don’t want it to end & I don’t think it will end soon. Definitely another season will be coming.

The show itself maybe getting a little weaker with certain elements seemingly dragging the plot along forcefully, but the cinematography of episode 6 was off the charts
Sure was. The Handmaid with the stapled mouth was so frickin scary.

Finally - season 4 arrives April 28 on Hulu. And, apparently, 3 episodes will drop simultaneously rather than one. Hooray!

Watched the first episode of season 4. Will watch the other two later tonight/this weekend. It's really starting to feel as if they need to wrap up this story, though.

Watched the first episode of season 4. Will watch the other two later tonight/this weekend. It's really starting to feel as if they need to wrap up this story, though.
I agree.

Surprisingly to me they are talking a fifth season.

O dear.

I sure hope they find something new to tackle instead of the usual June-almost-gets-out-but-goes-back-presumably-to-get-Hannah bit they've done every season. Throw in a few times where June attacks people, kills people, or leads other people to kill people--and yet somehow manages to never get more than just tortured herself, and you've got just about any season of this show now.

So we've waited how long for the 4th season ? Like 2 years almost ?
I've seen some videos about how they made the show. They did modified a bit the "original" book..... just to be more captivating on the screen
She got many roles since then....