Anyone watching BOSCH?

Tools    

The 6th season was put up last week on Netflix. Have watched the first 6 eps, and it's much better than the last season, IMO.

They're making more use of Troy Evans' character, Detective Johnson (the old detective who really ought to retire), which adds more humor and dimension to the series. There are some other casting choices that I take exception to, but I'll keep those to myself..

I've enjoyed all 6 seasons. There have been so many crapola series out that I started re-watching Bosch, and I'd forgotten how well produced they are.

Creator Eric Ellis Overmyer has some heavy bona fides: Homicide: Life on the Street Law & Order, The Wire, The Man in the High Castle, and the like.

Despite the PC casting, the stories are well written, often melding 3 or so story lines from the Michael Connelly novels. It's a good bet that they'll resume with new seasons as soon as the scamdemic allows for it.

All seasons available on Amazon Prime.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
This is something I should enjoy, and I like the actor. I can't think of his name but he was in HBO's Deadwood in later episodes. I keep putting it off tho. Thanks for bumping this reminder.

They already released season 6?? Didn't know.

I've been with the show since Amazon released the pilot as a test-run, along with some other show I don't remember. It's a pretty solid show that has gotten better as it progresses. Very mature, adult oriented, with no gimmicks. It's not on the same level, but it does have some The Wire vibes in terms of how it approaches the themes of police work and corruption from top to bottom.

This is something I should enjoy, and I like the actor. I can't think of his name but he was in HBO's Deadwood in later episodes. I keep putting it off tho. Thanks for bumping this reminder.
Titus Welliver. He still maintains himself moderately under the radar, but has that "That's the guy" quality. He was the "Man in Black" in Lost, which I think is where I first noticed him. Other than that, he was in The Town and was in an episode of The Mandalorian.

They already released season 6?? Didn't know.

I've been with the show since Amazon released the pilot as a test-run, along with some other show I don't remember. It's a pretty solid show that has gotten better as it progresses. Very mature, adult oriented, with no gimmicks. It's not on the same level, but it does have some The Wire vibes in terms of how it approaches the themes of police work and corruption from top to bottom.
I agree. Overmyer's approach in terms of what he might do plot wise presumably must be held within the constraints of Connelly's novels, although he can influence the style. And Connelly is an executive producer. What a pair!

Titus Welliver is a medium weight actor, but when I saw the very first episode he was almost exactly how I pictured H. Bosch from reading the novels.

I see that Bosch has been green lit for a 7th "and final" season. Don't know if that's the same thing as the word that there will be a spin off, with Bosch retired, doing private work.

If memory serves, in the novels Bosch retired from LAPD, but took a sheriff's job in Santa Clarita (I think).