The Umbrella Academy

Tools    

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/umbr...ge-1202611409/

"Ellen Page has been cast in the upcoming Netflix adaptation of the popular comics and graphic novel series “The Umbrella Academy,” Variety has learned.

The live action series follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (The Umbrella Academy) – Luther, Diego, Allison, Vanya, Klaus and Number Five – as they work together to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities. Page will play Vanya, the black sheep of her family. She’s the only one of Reginald Hargreeves’ adopted children with no supernatural abilities. A meek and insecure wallflower, Vanya struggles to find her place in the world.

“The Umbrella Academy” series is based on the graphic novels of the same name created and written by Gerard Way, illustrated by Gabriel Bá, and published by Dark Horse Comics. The series will be produced by Universal Cable Productions. Steve Blackman will serve as executive producer and showrunner, with additional executive producers Bluegrass Television and Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg from Dark Horse Entertainment. Way will serve as co-executive producer. The pilot script was adapted by Jeremy Slater."

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/352...rella-academy/

"Netflix kicks off the New York Comic Con with a first official look at images from the original series “The Umbrella Academy”, which streams on February 15, 2019!

In addition, they also shared character posters for the entire cast that includes Tom Hopper (“Black Sails”, “Game of Thrones”) as “Luther,” Emmy Raver-Lampman as “Allison,” David Castañeda (Sicario) as “Diego,” Robert Sheehan (Bad Samaritan, Mute) as “Klaus,” and Aidan Gallagher as “Number Five.” Ellen Page will play Vanya, the black sheep of her family. She’s the only one of Reginald Hargreeves’ adopted children with no supernatural abilities. A meek and insecure wallflower, Vanya struggles to find her place in the world.

The live-action series follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (The Umbrella Academy) – Luther, Diego, Allison, Vanya, Klaus and Number Five – as they work together to solve their father Reginald Hardgraves’ mysterious death, while coming apart at the seams due to their divergent personalities and abilities.

The pilot script was adapted from the comic book series by Jeremy Slater (“The Exorcist”)."

The Adventure Starts Here!
Okay, am I really the first person in this crazy crowd to have watched this? Just binged it over the weekend (since I was down with a stomach bug anyway).

It was great fun! I'm assuming there will be a season 2, but how do you bounce back from the apocalypse?

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Okay, am I really the first person in this crazy crowd to have watched this? Just binged it over the weekend (since I was down with a stomach bug anyway).

It was great fun! I'm assuming there will be a season 2, but how do you bounce back from the apocalypse?

You are not alone.

It charmed the socks off me. Really made up for a lot issues I had with it. Can't remember watching anything with that sort of love/hate dynamic.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Watched the first episode. It's like somebody took that what if Wes Anderson directed X-Men video and actually made it into a TV show.

Watched the first episode. It's like somebody took that what if Wes Anderson directed X-Men video and actually made it into a TV show.
Ha! This made me laugh. Yeah, I can see a Wes Anderson vibe here... which is maybe why I thoroughly enjoyed it. I tend to love Anderson's stuff, except that you really can't watch 'em all back to back or they'll all feel exactly the same.

You are not alone.

It charmed the socks off me. Really made up for a lot issues I had with it. Can't remember watching anything with that sort of love/hate dynamic.
Yeah, I thought a lot of spots were cheesy, and I wanted to smack Vanya so many times I lost count, and I guessed a lot of the "twists" early on, but I too couldn't stop watching. And I'll definitely watch season 2.

Yeah, I thought a lot of spots were cheesy, and I wanted to smack Vanya so many times I lost count, and I guessed a lot of the "twists" early on, but I too couldn't stop watching. And I'll definitely watch season 2.

Agreed. Mucho queso. Delicioso. Luther's pillow suit is a top five.

I'm still wondering, though. There were, what? Forty-three kids born in that situation? And he adopted only seven? I do wonder about the other thirty-six...

Pretty sure they are gonna be

WARNING: spoilers below
A. Dead alien wife babies

or

B. Bad guys for the next 5 seasons

Hazel is kinda good, but easily one of the worst parts of the show. He is playing the exact same character that he did in Mindhunters. Every time he talks...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Well, I enjoyed it a lot overall, but felt the ending was a bit lame. In fact, the last two episodes didn't quite have the power of the previous few. One thing I quite liked was how my sympathies shifted between the different characters from one episode to the next.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hazel is kinda good, but easily one of the worst parts of the show. He is playing the exact same character that he did in Mindhunters. Every time he talks...
So that's why he's familiar.

Enjoyed S1, I've just started S2 last night.

Poor Ellen Page getting typecast as Superhero in a mansion.

If I had a couple of criticisms they would be the time travel, no consequences for anything or tension if you can just rewind a bit and sort it all out, and Vanya went nuclear a bit too quickly especially as She seemed the most mature and grounded one(she's an actual therapist).

So that's why he's familiar.

Enjoyed S1, I've just started S2 last night.

Poor Ellen Page getting typecast as Superhero in a mansion.

If I had a couple of criticisms they would be the time travel, no consequences for anything or tension if you can just rewind a bit and sort it all out, and Vanya went nuclear a bit too quickly especially as She seemed the most mature and grounded one(she's an actual therapist).
Hazel was great, but Mary J. Blige, not good.

There plenty of issues, but it was a show that just had a magnetism about it. Haven’t seen s2 yet.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yea it's really enjoyable, like any TV series there's a lot of character development that you wouldn't get in say an XMen movie series.