Slacker (1991)

Simple Men (1992)

Safe (1995)

Eye of God (1997)

Next Stop Wonderland (1998)

Your Friends & Neighbors (1998)

The Real Blonde (1997)

In the Soup (1992)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

I come across a lot of people that have never heard of [True Romance].
Second graders who have been raised in caves, I presume?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I come across a lot of people that have never heard of this one. Contains one of my favorite scenes, featuring Hopper and Walken.
True Romance might be, just might be my favourite movie of all time. I believe it is the most underrated, under appreciated movie of all time. Tarantino wrote the script, but because Tony Scott directed it, it's not seen as a Tarantino movie which I wholeheartedly disagree with. It was the first Tarantino movie I ever saw and it was amazing. Everyone raved about Pulp Fiction, but I had my "holy ****, Tarantino is a genius moment" with this movie. Because of that, Pulp Fiction didn't have the same impact on me that it did on others who were completely new to Tarantino. THIS MOVIE NEVER GOT ITS DUE IN THEATRES BECAUSE THE TITLE AND CHRISTIAN SLATER AS LEAD SCARED MEN OFF. It's a star studded cast with some incredible performances by some incredible actors. Gary Oldman is completely and utterly unrecognizable and James Gandolfini gives us a glimpse of a young Tony Soprano in his couple of scenes. Who was in this movie? Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper, Patricia Arquette, Christian Slater, Gandolfini, Oldman, Brad Pitt, Chris Penn, Tom Sizemore, Val Kilmer, Samuel L. Jackson. It's a mother****ing who's who of 90s A-list movie talent. If you're a guy and you haven't seen it then you're either ignorant or gay (not that there is anything wrong with being gay).

Underseen or underrated '90s films in my opinion:

Out of Sight (1998)

The critics seem to agree with me on this one. It's a very respected movie in those circles. The general public seems less convinced, though, and therefore this fantastic Soderbergh crime/romance film remains underseen.

---------------------------------------------
Celebrity (1998)

This is one of Woody's most underrated films in my opinion. It's full with funny moments, the black and white cinematography works perfectly for me and the result is a very watchable Woody Allen version of La Dolce Vita, but still with enough idiosyncrasies and fresh approaches to make the movie completely unique.

Croupier (1998)

This is simply an underseen British gem about a writer who finds existential meaning in his job as a croupier. Intelligent and classy!

Get Shorty (1995)

I feel like this film is kind of in the same situation as Out of Sight. Perhaps not as bad, but I still wanted to include it.

Bullets Over Broadway (1994)

Woody fans mostly agree that this is one of his best, but despite that and 7 oscar nominations (1 win), this film did not end up becoming a comedy classic and therefore it remains terribly underseen.

Bitter Moon (1992)

A very dark, psychological, erotic and atmospheric Polanski picture that, at times, beautifully captures a side of Paris that you don't often see in films (he did the same thing in Frantic, which I also love).
Underseen.

Shadows and Fog (1991)

Another severely underrated Woody Allen flick. Everytime Woody seems to do something experimental and different, critics seem to give him bad reviews (Ebert and Siskel actually DARED putting this lovely film on their top 10 worst films of the year). I think that's a real pity, because I personally LOVE it when Woody does something unique and 'out of the box' (like in this film).
It's moody and it works absolutely brilliantly on a metaphorical existential level, in my opinion. The quality of the large cast is also insane.

Bugsy (1991)

This film got 10 oscar nominations (2 wins) and I personally think it's a fantastic gangster epic (it has some flaws, but they're easily forgivable), but practically noone seems to watch it anymore these days. I guess the film is too "classic" in its approach. The music score is also brilliant.

The Two Jakes (1990)

Of course it's no Chinatown and yes, the film definitely has its flaws (it's overly complex at times and sometimes seems a bit shattered), but I don't care about that at all. It's classy and stylish as hell, Jack Nicholson is phenomenal (he also directed the film) and it ends up being a wild and intense ride through a very dark, psychological cesspool.

The Virgin Suicides

Many may disagree but i always enjoyed the 13th Warrior

I come across a lot of people that have never heard of this one. Contains one of my favorite scenes, featuring Hopper and Walken.
True Romance is really one of the best 90s movies!
How is it possible that people haven't heard of this...

Underseen or underrated '90s films in my opinion:

Out of Sight (1998)

The critics seem to agree with me on this one. It's a very respected movie in those circles. The general public seems less convinced, though, and therefore this fantastic Soderbergh crime/romance film remains underseen.

Celebrity (1998)

This is one of Woody's most underrated films in my opinion. It's full with funny moments, the black and white cinematography works perfectly for me and the result is a very watchable Woody Allen version of La Dolce Vita, but still with enough idiosyncrasies and fresh approaches to make the movie completely unique.

Croupier (1998)

This is simply an underseen British gem about a writer who finds existential meaning in his job as a croupier. Intelligent and classy!

Get Shorty (1995)

I feel like this film is kind of in the same situation as Out of Sight. Perhaps not as bad, but I still wanted to include it.

Bullets Over Broadway (1994)

Woody fans mostly agree that this is one of his best, but despite that and 7 oscar nominations (1 win), this film did not end up becoming a comedy classic and therefore it remains terribly underseen.

Bitter Moon (1992)

A very dark, psychological, erotic and atmospheric Polanski picture that, at times, beautifully captures a side of Paris that you don't often see in films (he did the same thing in Frantic, which I also love).
Underseen.

Shadows and Fog (1991)

Another severely underrated Woody Allen flick. Everytime Woody seems to do something experimental and different, critics seem to give him bad reviews (Ebert and Siskel actually DARED putting this lovely film on their top 10 worst films of the year). I think that's a real pity, because I personally LOVE it when Woody does something unique and 'out of the box' (like in this film).
It's moody and it works absolutely brilliantly on a metaphorical existential level, in my opinion. The quality of the large cast is also insane.

Bugsy (1991)

This film got 10 oscar nominations (2 wins) and I personally think it's a fantastic gangster epic (it has some flaws, but they're easily forgivable), but practically noone seems to watch it anymore these days. I guess the film is too "classic" in its approach. The music score is also brilliant.

The Two Jakes (1990)

Of course it's no Chinatown and yes, the film definitely has its flaws (it's overly complex at times and sometimes seems a bit shattered), but I don't care about that at all. It's classy and stylish as hell, Jack Nicholson is phenomenal (he also directed the film) and it ends up being a wild and intense ride through a very dark, psychological cesspool.

Saw Celebrity for the first time a couple of months ago...great film.

Totally agree with Out Of Sight being under seen and underrated.

How about a comedy from the end of the 90s, 1999 to be exact. Bowfinger. The damn movie was so clever and it had Eddie Murphy in one of the most under appreciated comedy acting jobs I have ever seen. He freaking kills it. It's a shame the Academy doesn't recognize comedy at the Oscars. He would have won. Also Steve Martin was great and I believe it sorta sprang Heather Graham's career. Anyways if you are looking for a clever comedy with great comedic performances this is the 90s movie for you.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I'd certainly recommend Bowfinger. A Steve Martin film I like. That's how good it is and it has a great supporting cast, too.