The Videogames Tab

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
For those that want such a thing...

*** VIRTUAL REALITY - A ONE YEAR REVIEW! ***

Enclicken to enter the VR thread. Please hold your money tightly

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I don't agree with that. I understand your viewpoint, but there are many people who don't fit into the PUBG or Fortnite world and want to play Battle Royale modes. Fortnite is much too cartoony and fictional for me, and PUBG has been a broken game from the start. I think Battlefield and COD are very wise to adopt this formula. I'm not a fan of either franchise historically (have only bought one or two of each since their beginnings), but I am anticipating trying both of them to see if they execute it well.
I mean, you've got to admit the building aspect of Fortnite is what really is selling it. I continuously play this game and they make updates weekly, with new guns, challenges, modes, vehicles, etc. It's a constantly evolving game.

The game is FREE, yet makes millions of dollars monthly. People go crazy for those cosmetics.

CoD and Battlefield see their player base shrink because of Fortnite and they just want a piece of that pie. So they try and throw together a Battle Royale mode. Will it be successful? No idea. CoD is a FPS, does they play into the BR formula?

H1Z1 is garbage btw. Never played PUBG, but Fortnite has it done pat and I feel like it will be difficult to take people away from that. Especially when you charge money for the game, then charge more for in-game content.

I mean, you've got to admit the building aspect of Fortnite is what really is selling it. I continuously play this game and they make updates weekly, with new guns, challenges, modes, vehicles, etc. It's a constantly evolving game.

The game is FREE, yet makes millions of dollars monthly. People go crazy for those cosmetics.

CoD and Battlefield see their player base shrink because of Fortnite and they just want a piece of that pie. So they try and throw together a Battle Royale mode. Will it be successful? No idea. CoD is a FPS, does they play into the BR formula?

H1Z1 is garbage btw. Never played PUBG, but Fortnite has it done pat and I feel like it will be difficult to take people away from that. Especially when you charge money for the game, then charge more for in-game content.
PUBG needs major work but it has potential if they were more focused on developing their game and not trying to sue the creators of Fortnite maybe they'd get somewhere XD. While I'm not a huge fan of fortnite I've played it a few times and I understand why people like it. The building aspect is another big thing in the game that CoD and BF won't integrate. The building was never the draw for me.

I will admit I have seen actual gameplay for Blackout now and so far it doesn't look like complete **** so we'll see how BF's royale mode turns out

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Anyone grab Spiderman?

I wasn't ever in to Spiderman and this is basically a clone of the Batman games. Not a bad thing, but I don't get excited about his mythos enough to grab it.

I've got a buddy that was getting it and I'm gonna borrow it one day, but I wouldn't go much further than that.

No one grabs Spiderman....

^^^click for long version^^^

Finally got around to playing Vampyr and for the most part I'm enjoying it. But, yeah, the combat is abysmal.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Finally got around to playing Vampyr and for the most part I'm enjoying it. But, yeah, the combat is abysmal.
I fell off Vampyr pretty hard. The only hope now is probably a 6 month hiatus and a completely new save, and I don't know if I can be bothered.

I fell off Vampyr pretty hard. The only hope now is probably a 6 month hiatus and a completely new save, and I don't know if I can be bothered.

I don't blame you. Especially considering that's not the end of it, no. They take it one step further and decide "You know what? The ****ty combat alone isn't cutting it, guys. Let's make all enemies respawn when they die and make sure anything helpful is nice and depleted."

Yeah, I really can't blame you for putting it on the back-burner. Right now the only thing keeping me going is the story. Not sure how long that'll last, though.

Well, I suck at decision making...

WARNING: spoilers below
I chose to charm Crane, thinking it meant I would just let her forget the blackmail and go on about her day. Not forget everything and turn her life and her district upside down! I can't even fix it by going to a previous save. I felt like such sh*t the second it happened.

Two Hours With The Amazingly Detailed Red Dead Redemption 2

After seeing the game’s first trailer, we and others had wondered if the horse’s testicles were animated. I asked, and they told me that the testicles shrink and expand depending on the temperature in the game world. Details, details.

With that tidbit, I really have no choice but to link this:

Nice rant

See now I'm one of those guys that is actually totally pro this kind of touch. I think it is actually 'light touch', and appreciative of the 'gaps' between reality and representation in many ways. (Perception of cold isn't appreciated purely via your body's reactions etc - doubtless external stimuli all form connected associations in our minds too. Hence the effectiveness of NPCs with puffs of breath, frosted window panes etc in at least getting us part of the way there to buying the scenario).

It's all about picking your battles though of course, and not simulating the horses balls just because it's realistic.

That said, given how few of us actually have the association of "tucked-up-horse balls = it's fricking cold"... this is essentially just a mad bit of excess

---

PS I'm totally emailing that vid to Chris Roberts right now though. (The toilet bit was just too on point )

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

On a side note. I am eagerly not looking forward to RDR being released . I really enjoy my life as a super casual gamer and feel like losing sleep time is the space this game will occupy.