Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

The Godfather: Part 2 (1974)

Personally I like the 1st one of the best out of these three, but I think Part 2 is really good. My main gripe with this one is I wanted to see MORE of Vito's rise to power and less of Michael's day to day dealings. De Niro was my favorite part of this film and I love his last few scenes when he returns to Italy for obvious reasons.

The Godfather: Part 3 (1990)

I liked the concept of Michael trying to finally take the family business legit, but my least favorite part was all the overacting and I feel like they just didn't execute it that great. Especially in one of the final scenes I think you guys know what I mean. Also come on they couldn't pay Duvall a few more million to appear as Hagen again? That character was always great opposite Michael in the first two films. That aspect is lacking greatly in this one. I do think Andy Garcia was great despite the controversy that surrounded his casting.
I agree with all your points, especially about Robert Duvall.. What was the controversy about Andy Garcia?

I agree with all your points, especially about Robert Duvall.. What was the controversy about Andy Garcia?
People thought it was strange to cast a cuban born actor to play Sonny's son, but I think he did fantastic so I could really care less.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
People thought it was strange to cast a cuban born actor to play Sonny's son, but I think he did fantastic so I could really care less.
I had a feeling that might have been it, but he could easily as Italian, and yes, did a fine job. Winona Ryder had to back out as well, and if they weren't so cheap, with Robert Duvall, it could have been a little better. Who knows, they might have changed a few things to give them more story, since George Hamilton had no character.

Di je Karlo?

Isle of Dogs (2018) - 72/100

It's got what you'd expect from Wes Anderson; great visuals, a couple od good laughs, and a pleasantly half-cartoonish half-realistic feel. The problem is it's not half as clever, fleshed out or subtle as Fantastic Mr. Fox (which I still hold up as the best animated film of all time). The theme of propaganda feels like an afterthought, every single character is a cardboard cutout, and there's generally no emotional involvement. Though, from a purely technical perspective, Isle of Dogs is amazing. As I said, the set and character design is brilliant, the animation itself does it justice, and there's some great music, VA and comedic timing.

TLR it's very well crafted but it should've been better written.

I still wish Wes Anderson would continue making animated films. I just like the look of stopmotion.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180721-WA0011.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	390.9 KB
ID:	46324  

He was great – it's funny really given that James Caan isn't Italian either.

This might just do nobody any good.
He was great – it's funny really given that James Caan isn't Italian either.
It’s funnier that Pacino had previously, famously, played a Cuban.

I can only imagine (2018)

Pretty decent movie as I dreaded the bible-bashing (no offence). As a true story its pretty linear with few suprises but an ok watch. 5/10

Humanity and Paper Balloons (1937)

+

In a small town in 18th century Japan, the residents are mostly poor, and mixed in with with a few gangsters, wealthy, and samurai. There's a pretty decent plot, but for a movie that's less than an hour and a half long, it seemed like it took a while to get going. I had trouble for a bit grasping the different characters and dynamics, and because of that I think I would like it more with a second viewing. It's a pretty good movie, but at least for this watch, I wanted more.

Nirmala (Franz Osten, 1938)
+
Hindisputably worth a watch