Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Wait Until Dark (1967)

Gregory's Girl (1980)

Such a charming movie with no faults except its budget. John Gordon Sinclairs late schoolboy run to class a particular favourite. "Call me dad Gregory" another....wonderful, earthy...Chic Murray as headmaster brought this old favourite a great 9/10 (some may need subs )

GHOST SHIP: (2002)

This US/OZ co production is a prime example of a film showing so much early promise then losing its way. One could say the gratuitous violence and gore is a little over the top. Silly things like a dead crew member returning to life left me a touch bemused. Still the many subtle scares do chill the bone sufficiently to keep you attentive. A good little star turn too from a pre teen Emily Browning.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…

Being an Ahnold worshipper at the time, this movie broke my heart. I don't buy any of the crap people spew about the levels this movie works on.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

Ive seen this kind of movie many times. Nothing new, nothing special, nothing enough funny. The movie tries to be highbrow, like Allens films, but is far from that level.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	7700689.6.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	46315  

You Were Never Really Here (2017)

This is pretty much my kind of movie or else I don't think I would have liked it at all. It's very slow, but it's not slow with great dialogue or advancements with the plot, it's stylistically slow. Everything that happens would have taken about 10 minutes in an average movie. Joaquin Phoenix was great as usual but comparisons to Taxi Driver are forced. There were a couple of things that didn't seem to make sense. I'm probably overrating it.

GHOST SHIP: (2002)

This US/OZ co production is a prime example of a film showing so much early promise then losing its way. One could say the gratuitous violence and gore is a little over the top. Silly things like a dead crew member returning to life left me a touch bemused. Still the many subtle scares do chill the bone sufficiently to keep you attentive. A good little star turn too from a pre teen Emily Browning.

I didn't think it was a film that lost it's promise early on, I think it has a series of highs and lows throughout the film. But I'm very happy we had these great little mid-budgeted Dark Castle films from the 00's.

The Godfather: Part 2 (1974)

Personally I like the 1st one of the best out of these three, but I think Part 2 is really good. My main gripe with this one is I wanted to see MORE of Vito's rise to power and less of Michael's day to day dealings. De Niro was my favorite part of this film and I love his last few scenes when he returns to Italy for obvious reasons.

The Godfather: Part 3 (1990)

I liked the concept of Michael trying to finally take the family business legit, but my least favorite part was all the overacting and I feel like they just didn't execute it that great. Especially in one of the final scenes I think you guys know what I mean. Also come on they couldn't pay Duvall a few more million to appear as Hagen again? That character was always great opposite Michael in the first two films. That aspect is lacking greatly in this one. I do think Andy Garcia was great despite the controversy that surrounded his casting.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
You Were Never Really Here (2017)

This is pretty much my kind of movie or else I don't think I would have liked it at all. It's very slow, but it's not slow with great dialogue or advancements with the plot, it's stylistically slow. Everything that happens would have taken about 10 minutes in an average movie. Joaquin Phoenix was great as usual but comparisons to Taxi Driver are forced. There were a couple of things that didn't seem to make sense. I'm probably overrating it.
Uhh! Glad to see someones opinion similar to mine. Everyone around were raped this movie, but for me it wasn't anything special. As you wrote Joaquin was very good and he saved this film. Comparision to Taxi Driver?