Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

OMG I can't even finish reading that. Those poor kids and adults. I had never heard of that. Do they use the footage? Surly not.
I don't believe so but you can find it on YouTube.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
OMG I can't even finish reading that. Those poor kids and adults. I had never heard of that. Do they use the footage? Surly not.
I don't believe so but you can find it on YouTube.
OH no. Reading the bit I did really upset me, Cricket. I will pass on a youtube search. I'm getting a bit feeble in my dotage.

I wonder why I never heard about it. I had a much stronger stomach when I was youenger and was really interested in biopics.

Well I'm broke at the moment so I can't go see Jurassic World til next friday fml, but in the mean time I checked out a few other films.

Dunkirk (2017)

Been meaning to get around to this film for a while. Loved it and I regret not having seen it earlier as I am a huge fan of films from WWII. Whole cast was great and the film had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time.

The Commuter (2018)

What can I say? It's Taken meets Non Stop on a train just not as thrilling. It was a couple cheap thrills and hey Sam Neill got another pay check so happy for him he needs more roles imo the man is great.Vera Farmiga is looking hot as ever my god that woman seems to be getting more attractive with age!

Game Night (2018)

-

Maybe not great, but kind of great for what it is and compared to most other modern comedies. I'm normally not crazy about action being incorporated into these movies but in this case it was essential to the story. I always like Jason Bateman and Rachel McAdams and the rest of the cast was also spot on. My wife very much enjoyed it as well and I would assume there will be a sequel.

Took your tip, Matt, and watched this fascinating film.

This fascinating documentary is in 4 parts, 3.5 hours total. Produced by the Duplass Brothers, and written by Barbara Schroeder with direction by Trey Borzillieri.

It's a mesmerizing telling of one of the most bizarre and complex crimes investigated in the history of the FBI: bank robbery, murder, deceit, mental disorder. Using live footage and interviews, along with deft narration, the film weaves through the complexity of the case as it keeps the viewer glued to the screen.

This is one people will probably end up watching in its entirety. It's on available Netflix and several streaming channels.

~Doc

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Took your tip, Matt, and watched this fascinating film.

This fascinating documentary is in 4 parts, 3.5 hours total. Produced by the Duplass Brothers, and written by Barbara Schroeder with direction by Trey Borzillieri.

It's a mesmerizing telling of one of the most bizarre and complex crimes investigated in the history of the FBI: bank robbery, murder, deceit, mental disorder. Using live footage and interviews, along with deft narration, the film weaves through the complexity of the case as it keeps the viewer glued to the screen.

This is one people will probably end up watching in its entirety. It's on available Netflix and several streaming channels.

~Doc

The pizza guy was SO calm!.... I wish there was an entire interview from each clip on YouTube, etc of Marjorie, the interesting one.

Possibly, he has recognition and he has been in prominent films so I don't think it's that he just can't get big leading roles because he could probably get them if he wanted them. Part of me thinks he just likes playing quirky side characters instead of the leading man.
"Moon" was excellent and he carried a fairly paper-thin story really well. You can never walk in another mans shoes, guess I just thought he was worthy of a starring role. Thanks for reply AdamUpBxtch

The Drop (2014)

I liked the set-up here, brother loves brother, brothers co-reliant in different ways. Lots of mumbling from both but both JG and TH played their parts well. The switcheroo wasn't much of a switcheroo as we glean why Bob doesn't practice his faith fully pretty early (I did anyway). The story of Bob just makes you see how unaffected and pure Tom Hardy can be as an actor. Low key but well worth the watching time. 8/10

The Green Elephant (1999)

Low budget shocker from Russia about two men who are in some type of military prison. The low budget suits the movie well. It is very raw and grainy, like watching from a security camera. It's a filthy movie with these guys living like rats. One of them is nutty and he drives the other man up the wall. The guards are sadistic. There is some really sick stuff in this and it is not enjoyable at all. I thought it was pretty effective and I enjoyed it. Yes, that's poop on the plate. Banned in Belarus!

How sad, thanks for the eyes up. Know how you feel Dani8. A price nobody should have to pay in the sake of entertainment.

Great movie! Check out "Mama Roma"

Notice, he plays Calo in The Godfather II and III
On my list matt72582 (Mama Roma)....bejeesus I knew i knew that face from somewhere in the Godfather film(s).....could have been his biggest paying role ever...as Pier Paulo Passolini was not renowned for paying too well!

Black Butterfly (2017)

A struggling writer (Antonio Banderas) takes in a mysterious drifter (Jonathan Rhys Meyers) and a tense stand off between the two men begins. You never quite know whats going on until the end and when the twist is revealed it all seems very elaborate and improbable but I liked it anyway, however doesn't quite lift what is an average cat and mouse style thriller

The EDGE:

This is a top shelf pyscho thriller adventure. Orchestrating the show are two fine actors in Anthony Hopkins and Alex Baldwin. I love the tension between the two after they become marooned in the wilderness when their planes crashes. It then becomes obvious that Baldwin is having an affair with Hopkins wife ( the delectable, Aussie eye candy Elle McPherson) and has planned to kill him while on a photographic assignment.. Things, however, do not go to plan as they have to rely on each other for their survival.. specially against a rogue bear that wants both for dinner. There is an even mix of suspense, adventure, tension and magnificent sceney, not to mention a great rapport between the two leads.. that makes me give this a much deserved

The pizza guy was SO calm!.... I wish there was an entire interview from each clip on YouTube, etc of Marjorie, the interesting one.
[re: Evil Genius:...] I suspect that the pizza deliveryman, Brian Wells, was of very low intelligence. After all, he had that same pissant job for 30 years. He was undoubtedly easy to manipulate; and he may have believed that there were really not live explosives in the collar bomb.

This was one of the glaring holes in the entire plot by Armstong and Rothstein. Did they really believe that they could get the money by using this idiot, and that he could actually get away without being followed or caught? And they had set the timer too short to allow for natural delays. The conspirators may have been clever, but the problem is that they were all nuts.

~Doc

The Killer is Still Among Us (1986)

-

I had this Giallo on my watchlist because I saw it compared to Giallo a Venezia and The New York Ripper, not great movies by any means but I liked them. This movie starts out with a great scene, but then the next great scene is at the end of the movie. Everything else is just filler. It's too bad because I liked the atmosphere and the way it was filmed.