Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
^ I loved that one. Like an unrestraint Korean episode of Hannibal.

There's some John Wick style world building in it as well.

Pierre Étaix

The Suitor (1962)

Le soupirant (original title)

Yo Yo (1965)
Delightful and charming, such a greatly enjoyable experience...
Yoyo (original title)

The Great Love (1969)

Le Grand Amour (original title)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

movies can be okay...
The Seventh Continent (1989):

This (or Caché, I haven't yet decided) is my favourite Haneke film so far, and it just happens to be his first feature too.
In this film, the audience takes the seat of a voyeuristic perspective into a bourgeoisie family's mundane life. Georg and Anna are a married couple who lost the essential qualities of what made them who they are, the viewer is given little to no characterisation of these people and that's for a purpose. The theme of alienation is present in all of Michael Haneke's films (the ones I've seen at least) in some way or another, and its presence in this one is very dominant, apparent and quite disturbing. This is a fantastic example that depicts the current state of our society, and it is a scary representation that will stick with you long after the credits roll.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Remember this, @Camo?...
That's my least favourite Hitch from the 20 i've seen. I appreciated the change of pace but i also didn't find it very funny and prefer his thrillers. Wasn't bad though.
20 Hitch movies!?!? Guess I can stop calling myself a true fan then... I haven't seen even near that amount. Holy hell.
As you can see I was pretty sure I had only seen a handful of Hitch films, which became pretty clear with my reply.

But it looks like... when you actually count it... it becomes much higher than you expect.

I have actually seen 13 Hitchcock films. that honestly surprised myself...

Welcome to the human race...
Kiss Me Deadly -

Still one of my favourite classic noir films, but man it was distracting to realise how much the main guy looks and sounds like Bill Paxton in Weird Science.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The 39 Steps (1935)

Great sandwich scene. Quality entertainment.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I have actually seen 13 Hitchcock films. that honestly surprised myself...
I don't expect to get past more than 15 of his films. Surprisingly enough, I still have some of his biggest successes to look forward to. I've seen 9, watching my 10th.

Boldly going.
Pete's dragon (2016).
8/10
Better than I expected. I haven't seen the original but the critics I've read say it's superior to that as well.

Some good actors in this movie: Robert Redford, Bryce Dallas Howard, Wes Bentley (American Horror Story), Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings).

The only criticism I have: they should have revealed Elliot gradually and build up to it.

The dragon actually looks more like a manticore, more like a lion than a lizard, but I think this was actually a good choice.

A heart-warming tale, a cross-between Jungle Book and Neverending Story.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Get Out.
Good acting, surprising twist, topical theme, but I felt the ending let it down although I understand why the director chose that route, but for me it's overhyped and not at all scary so I was a bit disppointed. I will rewatch this, however, and as a drama rather than a horror.
Peter Travers of Rolling Stone rated Get Out a 3.5/4, and called it: "[A] jolt-a-minute horrorshow laced with racial tension and stinging satirical wit."
Eh no. Maybe I'm just desensitised and was lacking a sense of humour because I dont get the 'jolt a minute horror show' or satirical wit.

I dont know how to rate this. A large cup of poppycock without the salt.

This might just do nobody any good.

Lawrence's best performance, in my opinion. Certainly her most "authentic". It's a very raw movie but tight one at that. Debra Granik deserved much more recognition for this and it's a shame it's taken her until now to get another project off the ground.

I hadn't seen this since 2011, Lawrence was instantly a sensation. John Hawkes really surprised me in it as well. I only really knew him from meeker performances like Deadwood but he brings and unforeseen intensity here. He's intimidating.

WARNING: spoilers below
Few images linger in my mind like that of a girl pulling her fathers severed hands up from a lake.

8.5/10

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I want to see that, Saunch, but I need to be in the right mood.

Care for some gopher?
I really like that movie, too. I've seen it about three times now.