A Song For September

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
@Chypmunk

I'm working on this now. I'd appreciate it if you would wait for me to finish. Thank you.

I'm sorry that I didn't do this sooner, but my father-in-law fell on Friday and broke his hip, and I just got back from spending most of the last three days at the hospital. (The surgery went well, but there were other complications from the fall.)
Hope your father-in-law is doing better, my dear. Scary when the hip goes.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Once more all the votes are in so might as well put the results up now.

1st - The Highwomen - Highwomen (49 pts)

Congratulations again, @Captain Spaulding!

1) Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy
2) Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot (NOTE: As a couple of other people mentioned, the link for this video had the message "Video unavailable. This video is not available", so I used this link instead.)
3) Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera
4) Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion
5) Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4
6) Slipknot - Snuff
7) Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy
8) Nas - The World Is Yours
9) Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell
10 Faith No More - Falling To Pieces

Hope your father-in-law is doing better, my dear. Scary when the hip goes.

Thank you. Unfortunately we won't know much for a few days because the doctor isn't sure yet what's causing the new complications. (He may have also injured his knees when he fell. )

I'm sorry that I didn't do this sooner, but my father-in-law fell on Friday and broke his hip, and I just got back from spending most of the last three days at the hospital. (The surgery went well, but there were other complications from the fall.)
Hi gbg, sorry to hear about this, no doubts you'll eventually be very glad to see the back of 2019. Good to hear the surgery went well and hopefully they'll quickly get to the bottom of whatever else is wrong (that's not me hinting that it might be his bottom btw, just a turn of phrase ). I'll change my R4 nom to something that you might like a little more to hopefully allow this lil thing be a bit more of a pleasant distraction.

Hi gbg, sorry to hear about this, no doubts you'll eventually be very glad to see the back of 2019. Good to hear the surgery went well and hopefully they'll quickly get to the bottom of whatever else is wrong (that's not me hinting that it might be his bottom btw, just a turn of phrase ). I'll change my R4 nom to something that you might like a little more to hopefully allow this lil thing be a bit more of a pleasant distraction.

Thank you. Yes, I'll be very glad when this year is over. It's been a nightmare for me. We spent so much time in the hospital this weekend that I think I only got about 4 hours of sleep all weekend.

You don't have to change your nom for me. I listen to a lot of country music, so I'm sure that I'll be okay listening to whatever songs are nominated.

Thank you. Yes, I'll be very glad when this year is over. It's been a nightmare for me. We spent so much time in the hospital this weekend that I think I only got about 4 hours of sleep all weekend.
Well, quit talking to an eejit (I mean myself before anybody else on here gets 'precious') and get yourself some shut eye now

You don't have to change your nom for me. I listen to a lot of country music, so I'm sure that I'll be okay listening to whatever songs are nominated.
Too late, already done (I'll drop the original one back in for a later round so don't you be starting to think I'm in any way a nice person now)

Well, quit talking to an eejit (I mean myself before anybody else on here gets 'precious') and get yourself some shut eye now
I'm working on it. I just wanted to catch up on the last 3 days of posts here before going to sleep. (I'm almost done.) If I get any farther behind reading the boards, I might never be able to catch up on the new posts. (Maybe I need to find a less interesting forum. )

Too late, already done (I'll drop the original one back in for a later round so don't you be starting to think I'm in any way a nice person now)
I tried to be quick to reply, but I guess you were quicker.

Running a little late today but still no sign of votes from jj and sadly time marches on so here's the R3 results in what turned out to be a pretty tight affair:

1st - Peppino Gagliardi - Che vuole questa musica stasera (59 pts)
1st - Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell (59 pts)

3nd - Concrete Blonde - Tomorrow, Wendy (58 pts)
4th - Sazz Leonore - Too Darn Hot (54 pts)
4th - Faith No More - Falling To Pieces (54 pts)
6th - Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion (50 pts)
7th - Don Williams - I'm Just A Country Boy (45 pts)
8th - Beethoven - Symphony No. 5, Movement 4 (43 pts)
9th - Nas - The World Is Yours (38 pts)
10th - Slipknot - Snuff (35 pts)

So well done to both J-C and ed on both getting their tunes through to the end-of-month Final

Round 4 up in a minute or two....

ROUND 4
  1. Guns N' Roses - Live And Let Die
  2. Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
  3. Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama
  4. Gateballers - The all = poem
  5. Joe Diffie - A Night To Remember
  6. Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - In The Basement, Part 1
  7. Pink Floyd - Time
  8. Frank Sinatra - My Way
  9. The Heimatdamisch: Sweet Child o' Mine

ROUND 5
Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy

1. Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
2. Pink Floyd - Time
3. Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - In The Basement, Part 1
4. Gateballers - The all = poem
5. Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama
6. The Heimatdamisch: Sweet Child o' Mine (Guns n' Roses)
7. Joe Diffie - A Night To Remember
8. Frank Sinatra - My Way
9. Guns N' Roses - Live And Let Die

R5 nom:
Secondhand Serenade - Your Call

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Will be in like 8-10 hours before I can get to these songs, but will give a listen tonight.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

1. Frank Sinatra - My Way
2. Pink Floyd - Time
3. Guns N' Roses - Live And Let Die
4. Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama
5. Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - In The Basement, Part 1
6. Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
7. Joe Diffie - A Night To Remember
8. The Heimatdamisch: Sweet Child o' Mine (Guns n' Roses)
9. Gateballers - The all = poem

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Thank you. Unfortunately we won't know much for a few days because the doctor isn't sure yet what's causing the new complications. (He may have also injured his knees when he fell. )
::fingers crossed:: good luck, to you and your father-in-law

Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way
Joe Diffie - A Night To Remember
Guns N' Roses - Live And Let Die
Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - In The Basement, Part 1
Pink Floyd - Time
Frank Sinatra - My Way
Gateballers - The all = poem
Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama
The Heimatdamisch: Sweet Child o' Mine (Guns n' Roses)

nom:
A Day To Remember - If It Means a Lot To You

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
oops.
Alright. hahaha WOAH!!! I JUST noticed that Derek's avatar is ANIMATED!!!! Has it been all this time? I always liked your AV, but I'm usually on my phone so never saw it wiggle rofl.

Anyhoo. I'll check out the tracks now. Sorry for the delay and thanks for the reminder, Chypy-bear.

Guns N' Roses - Live And Let Die - IMO GnR managed to give us three of the best cover versions out there. I'd argue that a couple of them (this and Knockin' On Heaven's Door) are better than the originals, though I respect the opinion of anyone who says otherwise. I'll be stunned if this isn't my #1 pick. I do try and keep stuff like this from the top of my lists (as do quite a few of us who've done many of these tournaments, usually more successfully than me) but there are times when I just have to bow down.

The Heimatdamisch: Sweet Child o' Mine (Guns n' Roses) - I was sure this wouldn't do well, but really, it's such a good cover and, well, damn it, it just needs to be experienced at least once.

Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - In The Basement, Part 1 - A nice start, but this list will have to be pretty poor for it to be near the top of my list.

Wanda Jackson - Fujiyama Mama - This was kinda fun. Something about enormous exploitations in Japan in the 50's just seems... Well, not quite right for such a trite, if fun, song.

Frank Sinatra - My Way - I like this song (most of us do) but feel it's done. I wrote more, but decided it might be best not to post it.

Gateballers - The all = poem - This quickly became background music to me, but pleasant background music. I'm pleased it was a couple of minutes long rather than six. It might've found itself lower had it been.

Pink Floyd - Time - *Sigh* Not a fan. At least it was one of their better songs.

Joe Walsh - Rocky Mountain Way - I can't say this really does much for me, but it's not shaping up to be a good round for me. It's something I hear and not something I'd listen to.

Joe Diffie - A Night To Remember - Just not my thing.