Indy 5 in 2019

Tools    

Announced today, as yet untitled. I was amazed it'll be 11 years since Crystal Skull.

Harrison Ford in the lead role is a massive mistake.
Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is never going to be a mistake – let's enjoy him while we've got him.

Should be Chris Pratt as another long-lost son of Indy with HF only appearing in a cameo passing on the torch to a new generation.
I'm getting more open to another actor playing Indy (it's not as though it hasn't been done already). Also I don't think they should try and erase Mutt from history. It's not Shia LaBeouf's fault they made such terrible mistakes with the last film.

The main plot of Indiana Jones 5 will be Harrison Ford digging and dusting himself up. As much as I love him I would prefer they didn't make this. But now that they will, PLEASE make a better end to the franchise than the fourth film....

But with that said, I can't wait for the 6th film! Where,

We follow Harrison Ford in search of his hat! Which he finds within the first ten minutes of the film. Then the rest of the film is just the storyline repeating itself because he keeps forgetting where he put it.

Oh, and who can forget the 7th film! In which,

Shia Lebouf takes on the lead role in "Indiana Lebouf and the optimus for prime"!

I should sleep........... Zzzzz

Master of My Domain
The main plot of Indiana Jones 5 will be Harrison Ford digging and dusting himself up. As much as I love him I would prefer they didn't make this. But now that they will, PLEASE make a better end to the franchise than the fourth film....

But with that said, I can't wait for the 6th film! Where,

We follow Harrison Ford in search of his hat! Which he finds within the first ten minutes of the film. Then the rest of the film is just the storyline repeating itself because he keeps forgetting where he put it.

Oh, and who can forget the 7th film! In which,

Shia Lebouf takes on the lead role in "Indiana Lebouf and the optimus for prime"!

I should sleep........... Zzzzz
Then in the 8th film Indiana Lebouf, the Autobots, and some snakes join forces to travel to the past and destroy films 4, 5,6 and 7.

They acquire a time machine, but the movie never explains how.

Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones is never going to be a mistake – let's enjoy him while we've got him.
I disagree. His age is going to spoil it because he won't be able to do any of the action sequences.

I'm getting more open to another actor playing Indy (it's not as though it hasn't been done already). Also I don't think they should try and erase Mutt from history. It's not Shia LaBeouf's fault they made such terrible mistakes with the last film.
They shouldn't erase him but at the same time Shia Labeouf doesn't have enough screen presence to lead future Indy movies whereas Chris Pratt would be perfect.

They just don't know when to stop, do they?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I disagree. His age is going to spoil it because he won't be able to do any of the action sequences.
Well if that's the case I'm sure there will be ways round it.

They shouldn't erase him but at the same time Shia Labeouf doesn't have enough screen presence to lead future Indy movies whereas Chris Pratt would be perfect.
I would definitely prefer a reboot if you like rather than saying he had another son who's more palatable to continue the series. Just go back to a younger Indiana Jones played by a new actor – I haven't seen Chris Pratt in action unfortunately but he and Bradley Cooper seem like the favourites. Actually a real unknown could be a great idea.

I would definitely prefer a reboot if you like rather than saying he had another son who's more palatable to continue the series. Just go back to a younger Indiana Jones played by a new actor – I haven't seen Chris Pratt in action unfortunately but he and Bradley Cooper seem like the favourites. Actually a real unknown could be a great idea.
I disagree. I think they should make Indiana Jones a title passed down through the ages.

I disagree. I think they should make Indiana Jones a title passed down through the ages.
Well there is that James Bond fan theory that his name is simply a code name, which would make all the Bonds different people.

Wish they'd include it in a Bond movie. Massive mistake that it wasn't in Skyfall.
Skyfall was a very sophisticated revamp. They had to do something after Quantum of Solace but it looks like Spectre has been a bit tarnished by associating with all the other films too closely. I don't think story arcs are very successful in the Bond franchise.

Will this be the most pointless movie ever made? It's slated for a 2019 release, so there is still real hope that some semi-intelligent executive will cancel this stupidity. Save the money for something else and more original.

Will this be the most pointless movie ever made? It's slated for a 2019 release, so there is still real hope that some semi-intelligent executive will cancel this stupidity. Save the money for something else and more original.
Just for argument's sake, imagine Kingdom of the Crystal Skull didn't exist. Would there be as much disdain for a new film then?

Problem is, original films are rarely a success and that makes them a big gamble.

As with Star Wars it looks like George Lucas won't be involved – I'm not sure who was behind the overuse of CGI in Crystal Skull but this can only be a good thing. It also looks like Shia Laboeuf won't be back, but it's anyone's guess how they can explain the lack of Indy's new wife and newfound son in the next film.

Yes and we will get another copy of a better past movie without George. Do recall George did not write Indy 4 cause does demention aliens sound like a Lucas story too you. It is no wonder Lucas does not wanna do or have any part in these things. You run Lucas out the door without thinking maybe just because its not like the old movies. maybe George has no use in the franchise. The thing is over time we will Miss George Skill in Star Wars that we liked and we will miss him in indy because the first 3 movies he did write.

Yes and we will get another copy of a better past movie without George.
But the key point there is you say "another" copy of a better past movie. It could be said that Crystal Skull was a sort of Greatest Hits in that parts of it were similar to the previous films. George Lucas was present for the fourth film, so that happened with him still attached.

Do recall George did not write Indy 4 cause does demention aliens sound like a Lucas story too you.
As far as I know the original idea was something like Indiana Jones and the Saucermen – I was under the impression that the initial idea would have been Lucas's but I don't know whether he wrote it.

It is no wonder Lucas does not wanna do or have any part in these things. You run Lucas out the door without thinking maybe just because its not like the old movies. maybe George has no use in the franchise. The thing is over time we will Miss George Skill in Star Wars that we liked and we will miss him in indy because the first 3 movies he did write.
Do Star Wars fans miss him? The Force Awakens seems to have done okay and while it's been said the plot was too much like a retread of what's gone before, I've no reason to think it would have been that much different with Lucas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not laying all of the blame for Crystal Skull at his door, Spielberg's approach also seemed to be contradictory to what he'd said in the early stages. I just suspect that, going by the Star Wars prequels, it would have been Lucas who pushed for the use of elaborate visual effects.