Whats Your Faviourite Horror Movie?

Tools    

I'll adamantly announce that I'm not hip nor hard when it comes to horror films; however, there's a title that springs to stage... "Frailty,"
and it deserves some sort of deliverance to the devotional drivers of this genre - mostly for its complexity and the psychological pin-cushion it serves itself as. I'll simply say that no other film of the past decade or so has illuminated in me an instinct to scream. This is as good as this genre can get, in my opinion.

Welcome to the human race...
Quick top five.

The Evil Dead
Jaws
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
The Shining
The Thing

EDIT How on earth could I forget The Thing?

I like more of the old-school horror flicks. Crap like Saw and (fill in the blank) are cheap slock.

Let's see, I like...

Lots of the old Universal Picture, including
James Whales' Frankenstein and
The Invisible Man (I did like Hollow Man, too);
Lots of the English Hammer films starring Christopher Lee;
Alien
The Ring
Freaks
The original Night of the Living Dead
The new version of Dawn of the Dead

Saw isn't cheap! Saw is orignal, smart and has an amazing twist! most of what you listed are cheap shocks that are perdictable and boring.

Though Alien is very very good!

The Ring is just boring.

SAW, The Descent and Ginger Snaps are my favourites and Dog Soliders -

though I consider SAW (classic) a thriller and Dog Soliders an action film.

I like more of the old-school horror flicks. Crap like Saw and (fill in the blank) are cheap slock.
I agree--I avoid movies named for tools: saw, chainsaw, pliers, pruning shears, nutcracker.....

The best horror film ever was the original The Haunting--no ugly monster, no blood splatters, no silly special effects, and nothing jumps out of the dark at you; just a well-told spooky tale that lets you use your imagination to scare yourself.

The original The Thing From Outer Space also was well done, well acted, and made good use of suspense instead of gore and the cheap thrills of boogie-bears jumping out of the dark. And it avoided the usual cliche of the expendable cast member wandering off to a horrible death after everyone was told to stick together.

Someone else mentioned Psycho--a good story, well acted, but to my mind more suspenseful than horror. After all, it's the story of a mass murderer--an unusually nutty one, but still a mass murderer, albeit one who kills only when someone comes into his world and throws it off center. Unlike Zodiac or Son of Sam, he doesn't roam around searching for victims.

Why's there a gun in your trousers?
I think it would have to be a toss up between Dawn of the Dead (1978) or Shaun of the Dead (2004) even though its kind of a comedy its still a great zombie flick. I also love The Exorcist (1973) and Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)

Not in any order and I def can't just pick one...there are prob others I am forgetting
Evil Dead II
Suspiria
The Shining
Braindead

Frankenstein
Count Dracula
Saw I (extremely over the top but extremely clever)
Godzilla
Shaun of the Dead
Hide and Seek
The Village
And pretty much anything scary made by M. Night Shyamalan, the man's just a genius.

Dawn of the Dead (1978) and John Carpenter's Halloween (i love the Rob Zombie remake too even though no one else seems to like it)

I agree--I avoid movies named for tools: saw, chainsaw, pliers, pruning shears, nutcracker.....

The best horror film ever was the original The Haunting--no ugly monster, no blood splatters, no silly special effects, and nothing jumps out of the dark at you; just a well-told spooky tale that lets you use your imagination to scare yourself.
You know, I think it's forgivable to assume based on the title that the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a jump-out-of-the-dark cheap thrill aimed at gore-hounds, but it really ain't. It has some pretty macabre moments but really the most disturbing thing in the movie is a whithered invalid who you can see coming from a mile away. And he's more chilling than any single image I can recall from all my years (about 10 or so) of watching horror movies.

He's called Tequila. He's a tough cop.
George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead= Best Horror movie EVER!

Ask me a question, any question: Grill a MoFo: Dill-Man

The Shining- Have to watch it at least once a year, during winter (of course), either in the dark or by flickering candlelight, with a glass of Jack Daniels.

Carpenter's The Thing- Dun-dun................................. dun-dun....................................... dun-dun

Also Carrie, The original Friday the 13th & Halloween. (Is The Dead Zone considered horror?)

http://www.sizzlequiz.com/SelectFreeGame.aspx?c=Movies

The Shining- Have to watch it at least once a year, during winter (of course), either in the dark or by flickering candlelight, with a glass of Jack Daniels.

Carpenter's The Thing- Dun-dun................................. dun-dun....................................... dun-dun

Also Carrie, The original Friday the 13th & Halloween. (Is The Dead Zone considered horror?)

The Omen scarred me senseless the first time i saw it
as did the exorcist

The Omen scarred me senseless the first time i saw it
as did the exorcist
Now that you mention it, the new Amityville Horror (w/Ryan Reynolds) makes my neck hairs stand on end, and The Sixth Sense has given me almost as many nightmares as Arachnophobia.

Rosemary's Baby (Polanski, 1967)

The Exorcist (Friedkin, 1973)

The Shining (Kubrick, 1981)

Halloween (Carpenter, 1978)

Dachshunds Fear Me
The 1931 Spanish version of Dracula

Alien

28 Days Later

George: Arthur.

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I'm not big in to horror movies, i've only saw two...
Jeepers Creepers 1 (parts of it) and 2 (all of it)

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I like humor with my horror. Therefore, I'd have to say Shawn of the Dead was one of my many favs.

Wrong Turn was fun too but for different reasons.

My 12 year old son is watching it right now. This weekend, he's watched it like three times now! He says it doesn't scare him. I don't believe him.

My favorite Horror film is Shaun of the Dead.
IT isnt scary. I watched it when i was 11 and thought it was ****. I still think so now. I read the book though, and the book scared the **** outta me, but the movie is just laughable.