Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I feel like the guy who started a whole thread dedicated to posting about movies that only he seemed to like shouldn't have to ask that question.

Mission to Mars -

as far as 2001 wannabes go, it's no worse than Interstellar

Added to watch list. Cheers. Yeah, she's been great in most things that I've seen her in, still, she's not exactly a household name.

I suppose she never has been. She made a big impression, in the late Nineties I think it was, in the series Band of Gold. Lena Headey was in it at the same time.

★★★
Very violent. This film was a punch in the stomach when I first watched. I was expected something like Rambo II -- It could have been so much greater tho. The fast editing and the fast plot hurted the movie, Stallone was very good in this one.

I know what you mean about the pace. There are also some dodgy script moments and the finale had what looked like a repeated reaction shot that gets on my nerves . Aside from that I LOVED it . You wait a full hour for Rambo to really get going and once he does he doesn't disappoint.

WARNING: spoilers below
The arrow scene is my favourite. Talk about punching the air.

“I was cured, all right!”
I know what you mean about the pace. There are also some dodgy script moments and the finale had what looked like a repeated reaction shot that gets on my nerves . Aside from that I LOVED it . You wait a full hour for Rambo to really get going and once he does he doesn't disappoint.

WARNING: spoilers below
The arrow scene is my favourite. Talk about punching the air.

That scene is badass!

This might just do nobody any good.
Jurassic Park (1993)

Jeff Goldblum is a great source of ASMR.

I might even go as far as saying that Rambo is my favorite Rambo film. It was a huge positive surprise when I saw it for the first time.

Watched:-
Incredibles which was brilliant. Wee Jack Jack was the best.

Ocean's Eight which was at best a decent movie. I hadn't seen a heist movie with almost zero drama until I saw this movie.
Also, Anne Hathaway, as always, stole the show.

Delightful comedy. 7.8/10. Sarcastic, fun and touches on a lot of topics.

Star Trek: The Search for Spock >> (loved it) 6/10

Shura (Demons) (1971)

-

Another new favorite for me out of Japan. It's a slower paced but very involving story, brutal but without much action. It's just about entirely filmed indoors so I missed the beautiful outside shots of similar movies, but it makes up for that loss. The whole movie is darkly lit lending to a personal feeling and great atmosphere. I'm tired so if you want to know what it's about, google it.

Cricket. Never been a huge Japanese film devotee. Steered away from thos 60s sci fi/monster flicks. Recall as a kid watching tv show Samurai? Shintaro and his gang.. Had a laugh at the lame special effects of the day.

The Greatest Showman

Musicals for me are typically all or nothing. I love them and think they are amazing or I hate them and think they are awful.

This one kind of bucks that trend for me. I cant say I loved, or hated it. It wasn't bad exactly, but it was a bit underwhelming. It had some really great scenes, but at other times it really dragged on for me. It is not the storyline, it is not the acting, it is not the singing that cause me to not put it in a category above 3 stars, those were all really well done. I think it was more of the pacing - it is hard to explain. It is worth a watch if only for the scenes with Keala Settle, but it is hard to highly recommend beyond that.

For me it eeks out a respectable

According to this critique one of Australias finest talents Hugh Jackman carries this film.

And Hugh Jackman is absolutely the right casting for this figure – at least as he is imagined here. At any rate, Jackman gives this the muscular heft that it needs. He has the musical theatre chops and the film pizazz to sell it; he is approachably handsome and his singing voice is light, pleasant, yet strong and competent. It’s not a film to break moulds or test boundaries. Yet Jackman’s real charm will carry you along.

The man is multi talented. Anyone ever see his Oklahoma?And I am not a musical film devotee.