Korean Cinema Fans

Tools    

Hey I am new to the community you have here. I am a big fan of Korean films and I am looking for some more to watch. What are your favorites? Here is a few off the top that I enjoyed.

I Saw The Devil
The Man From Nowhere
No Tears For The Dead
Old Boy
A Bittersweet Life

“I was cured, all right!”
Korean it's my favorite cinema! Glad to have you here good sir

-The Yellow Sea (One of my favorites)
-The Chaser (Same director and same lead actors of The Yellow Sea)
-New World (With Mink-sik Choi from Oldboy / I Saw the Devil)

Not Korean (Indonesia) but I strongly recommend the movies:
-The Raid: Redemption
-The Raid 2: Berandal

https://www.youtube.com/user/KoreanFilm/videos

Free and legal classics. Recommending Tyrant Yeonsan, Taebaek Mountains (1994). If you want to see bat **** insane goofy revenge movie watch Devil Take This Train to Hell from the same channel.

I'm not a huge fan of watching movies off YouTube but i will definitely check out some titles and watch some trailers from that link you posted. And thanks to everyone else

Not Korean (Indonesia) but I strongly recommend the movies:
-The Raid: Redemption
-The Raid 2: Berandal
Excellent Movies

Care for some gopher?
I'm not a huge fan of watching movies off YouTube but i will definitely check out some titles and watch some trailers from that link you posted. And thanks to everyone else
This is the channel of the Korean Film Archive. It's totally legit.

Check out "A Hometown in Heart" (1948).

The Man from Nowhere is one of my favourite movies of all time. Partially because I didn't expect it to be that good and was just looking for some martial arts fun, partially because it was THAT good. Teared up like a baby few times which is rare for me.

The Man from Nowhere is one of my favourite movies of all time. Partially because I didn't expect it to be that good and was just looking for some martial arts fun, partially because it was THAT good. Teared up like a baby few times which is rare for me.
I don't know how they do it. No matter what genre it is, for some reason Korean films or shows have this uncanny ability to always slip a scene or two that will turn even the most hardcore person, I mean the type that never even cried as a baby, to curl into a ball and sob hysterically. One moment you think you're watching a simple comedy and the next you find yourself soaked in your own tears.

I don't know how they do it. No matter what genre it is, for some reason Korean films or shows have this uncanny ability to always slip a scene or two that will turn even the most hardcore person, I mean the type that never even cried as a baby, to curl into a ball and sob hysterically. One moment you think you're watching a simple comedy and the next you find yourself soaked in your own tears.
Do you have any other Korean crime film to recommend? Not necessarily the one like The Man From Nowhere but something of a similar genre.

Snowpiercer was awesome. Similarly with The Man from Nowhere, I didn't expect it to be much, but it got my attention quickly, which lasted all the way until the end scene and a few months after that

Do you have any other Korean crime film to recommend? Not necessarily the one like The Man From Nowhere but something of a similar genre.
Yeah, I'll pm you a list soon.

I was wondering how I could find Korean animation, I watched a few (or Japanese movies adapted from Korean comics, including the art style). Although I didn't care for any so far.
Train To Busan has a prequel animated movie that is supposedly good.

“I was cured, all right!”
Jeong-beom Lee is a master of tears. I cry like a baby in this movie and cry in No Tears for the Dead too. Damn, I love this movies.

pretty much directed by bong-joon ho and park-chan wook. i'm also interested for kim ki-duk's stuff, but not yet any.

Train To Busan has a prequel animated movie that is supposedly good.
This one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seoul_Station_(film)

Well, my knowledge of Korean comics/animation is restricted to a couple of movies and some comics (one of which was published by a Japanese company in Japan).