The Bakers Dozen Music Game Thread

Tools    

13 songs that revived the careers or reinvented the image of the bands or artists that performed them:

1. Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
3. Yes - Owner of a Lonely Heart
4. Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
5. Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy
6. Kylie Minogue - Can't Get You Out of My Head
7. David Bowie - Let's Dance
8. Metallica - Enter Sandman

13 songs that revived the careers or reinvented the image of the bands or artists that performed them:

2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
9. Meat Loaf - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
10. The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
11. Genesis - Turn it On Again

2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
12. Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry

2. Johnny Cash - Hurt
12. Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
13. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows

13 songs that features the singer going through a manic episode (Mention the manic episode)

1. John Lennon - Cold Turkey (crying in agony)

13 songs that features the singer going through a manic episode (Mention the manic episode)

2. Strapping Young Lad - Oh My F***ing God (it sounds like Devin is throwing up in the bridge)

2. Strapping Young Lad - Oh My F***ing God (it sounds like Devin is throwing up in the bridge)
3. Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice (Kurt sounds a little crazy when he screams "go away")

3. Nirvana - Scentless Apprentice (Kurt sounds a little crazy when he screams "go away")
4. Genesis - Mama (Phil Collins sounds like a maniac when he laughs at 2:13, it used to creep me out when I heard it as a child)

4. Genesis - Mama (Phil Collins sounds like a maniac when he laughs at 2:13, it used to creep me out when I heard it as a child)
5. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Around the World (the "ding dang" part...'nuff said)

6. Beck - Devil's Haircut (growling the chorus at the end)

7. Korn - Freak on a Leash (whatever Jonathan is doing in the bridge)

8. The Beatles - You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) (pretty much the entire song, Paul and John's 'sound effects' are hysterical)

8. The Beatles - You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) (pretty much the entire song, Paul and John's 'sound effects' are hysterical)
9. Pink Floyd - One of My Turns (escalates to a complete psychotic snap - song starts about 1.50 in)

9. Pink Floyd - One of My Turns (escalates to a complete psychotic snap - song starts about 1.50 in)
10. Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet (the way Bjork screams part of the chorus "Wow bam!"...cute but kinda crazy too)

10. Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet (the way Bjork screams part of the chorus "Wow bam!"...cute but kinda crazy too)
11. Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy (Richard's screaming fit)

Welcome to the human race...

12. Suicide - Frankie Teardrop (ALL OF IT)

12. Suicide - Frankie Teardrop (ALL OF IT)
13. John Lennon - Mother (John's cries of agony over loss of his mother and father. Haunting and heart-wrenching)

13 songs that were inspired by real world events (Mention the event)

1. Scorpions - Wind of Change (End of the Cold War, the tearing down of the Berlin Wall, and the unification of Germany)