Jacob's Ladder remake

Tools    

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...e-coming-2019/

"Bloody Disgusting has confirmed that LD Entertainment’s remake of the 1990 psychological thriller Jacob’s Ladder will, in fact, be in theaters February 1, 2019, although we’re told a new date could be set within the next few weeks. Watch this spot.

David M. Rosenthal directs the re-imagining, which stars Michael Ealy(Underworld: Awakening), Guy Burnet (“Ray Donovan”), Karla Souza(How to Get Away with Murder) and Nicole Beharie(“Sleepy Hollow”)

Scripted by Jeff Buhler and Sarah Thorp, this version is a modern day paranoid action thriller about two brothers.

Mickey Liddell, Pete Shilaimon and Jennifer Monroe at LD Entertainment will produce alongside Alison Rosenzweig and Michael Gaeta of Gaeta/Rosenzweig Films (Fright Night)."

wait...they're remaking WHAT now?

Ok this is getting ridiculous...
It's been ridiculous for a while now, to be honest.

This was my favorite movie for a while in High School.

I'm in the minority though who tries to be hopeful about remakes. There have been many that are great, so let's just hope this one is too.

It's been ridiculous for a while now, to be honest.

This was my favorite movie for a while in High School.

I'm in the minority though who tries to be hopeful about remakes. There have been many that are great, so let's just hope this one is too.
TO BE HONEST, I was trying to keep my cool over the Suspiria remake, and because it LOOKS like they might TRY to fence off the massive mob of angry fans by just...reimagining it. Not remaking it. BUT STILL, of my ****ing god what is going on. Are there no more ideas in Hollywood anymore? There's NO NEED to remake Jacob's Ladder. It doesn't suffer bad ageing!

**** OFF WITH THE MOVIE BOTOX, HOLLYWOOD!!!

I'm really excited for the Suspiria remake. I do think Hollywood has the wrong idea that simply making things based on familiar property (remakes, movies based on toys) is going to sell more than original stuff. But good can come of it. There probably wasn't a "need" for a remake of The Thing from Another World, or The Fly. But look what we got. I do think intent is important, whether remaking it is a passion project or just a way for a studio to make money. But sometimes they can start as a cashgrab and become a passion project.

I'm really excited for the Suspiria remake.
I'm suspicious of it. Shall approach it like a cat vs cucumber until further notice.

I do think Hollywood has the wrong idea that simply making things based on familiar property (remakes, movies based on toys) is going to sell more than original stuff. But good can come of it. There probably wasn't a "need" for a remake of The Thing from Another World, or The Fly. But look what we got. I do think intent is important, whether remaking it is a passion project or just a way for a studio to make money. But sometimes they can start as a cashgrab and become a passion project.
It just goes on and on. And it's genuinely depressing to see how many remakes come out from Hollywood. I can understand it if there's legit reasons, but it really feels willy nilly now. Things that are almost perfect are being remade...WHY? I can understand it from a tech point of view, certain things cal be pulled off now that weren't perhaps possible before, but they're picking movies that did it right. That don't NEED the remake. There are PLENTY that NEED the remakes done. This is what I don't get. They're remaking things that are near perfect, or at least perfectly important for their time and ours.

A system of cells interlinked

It just goes on and on. And it's genuinely depressing to see how many remakes come out from Hollywood. I can understand it if there's legit reasons, but it really feels willy nilly now. Things that are almost perfect are being remade...WHY? I can understand it from a tech point of view, certain things cal be pulled off now that weren't perhaps possible before, but they're picking movies that did it right. That don't NEED the remake. There are PLENTY that NEED the remakes done. This is what I don't get. They're remaking things that are near perfect, or at least perfectly important for their time and ours.
Well, perfect in your eyes. There are plenty who don't like the ending of Jacob's Ladder, and might say that justifies the remake.

I think your point of view is certainly reasonable. I would contend that the *amount* of remakes coming out of Hollywood is more an indication of just wanting money than having artistic integrity. I guess my point is you never know what can happen, and there are definitely movies that can be remade into something that feels unique. Going into a remake with a sort of grudge held against it will only keep you from appreciating something you may have otherwise appreciated. That, I think, is why I try to keep an open mind with these remakes. Just like any movie, I'm going to go in hoping for the best. If it's terrible - which is may very well be - there is no loss in my opinion. We'll always have the original.

I don’t really see remakes as a bad idea. Yes, they usually suck. But, I think there’s a kind of “praise” and worship of the original movie going on when they decide to remake something. It’s flattering to want to remake something. It means the original movie was GOOD ENOUGH to deserve a remake.

The remake may suck, but it brings attention to the original movie rather than letting it just be forgotten about.
Usually if the remake is no good it just falls into the unknown anyway, while the great original is still remembered. The best thing that can happen is a great remake that is it's own film. The worst that can happen is a terrible remake that people forget about.

This might just do nobody any good.
There’s a supposedly a remake of RoboCop out there with Gary Oldman, Michael K. Williams and Michael Keaton but I can’t find any proof of it existing anywhere.

None at all.

At. All.

I don’t really see remakes as a bad idea. Yes, they usually suck. But, I think there’s a kind of “praise” and worship of the original movie going on when they decide to remake something. It’s flattering to want to remake something. It means the original movie was GOOD ENOUGH to deserve a remake.

The remake may suck, but it brings attention to the original movie rather than letting it just be forgotten about.
I get what you're saying, but there's also the "get the **** outa my house" reaction for people who are fans of a thing for a long time a remake ****s all over it.

Sometimes it's not ok.

Usually if the remake is no good it just falls into the unknown anyway, while the great original is still remembered. The best thing that can happen is a great remake that is it's own film. The worst that can happen is a terrible remake that people forget about.
I'm one of the FEW who raters the Maniac remake. Most would tell you **** OFF, but I say...actually...they paid respect.

There's a way to do all this that satisfies everyone, but that takes effort.

movies can be okay...
Yeah, I don't see the director of masterpieces such as "The Perfect Guy", doing any good when given material such as Jacob's Ladder. We will most definitely be getting a lot of CGI, and some annoyingly loud noises, as usual.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Yeah, I don't see the director of masterpieces such as "The Perfect Guy", doing any good when given material such as Jacob's Ladder. We will most definitely be getting a lot of CGI, and some annoyingly loud noises, as usual.
For sure. Crew is important and I didn't mean to imply this particular remake will be anything good. Was just speaking of remakes in general, I guess.

movies can be okay...
For sure. Crew is important and I didn't mean to imply this particular remake will be anything good. Was just speaking of remakes in general, I guess.
I actually was just commenting about the news in general, not anything you or anyone here have said. As soon as I read the OP, I immediately checked to see who's directing it, since that is the best indication to go on.

In other news, I'm hyped for Suspiria.

See this is the thing. You have to SUSPEND A LOT OF **** for these remakes. And you kind of have to wait. because you never know when someone's going to not only pay homage to your fanboy/girl leanings, but ALSO inject something new. It's rare, but it does happen, so you almost HAVE to, especially if it's movie that doesn't get enough attention, support the remake.

But here's the thing.

Suspriria never needed that attention.

Neither does Jacob's Ladder.

movies can be okay...
Personally, I stopped caring a long time ago about Hollywood's vomiting of remakes. It's not like they stop the original from existing, or downgrade its quality. And like @Swan said, sometimes these remakes fall in the hands of a good director, so there's some good in them after all.

Personally, I stopped caring a long time ago about Hollywood's vomiting of remakes. It's not like they stop the original from existing, or downgrade its quality. And like @Swan said, sometimes these remakes fall in the hands of a good director, so there's some good in them after all.
DUDE! I STILL HAD HOPE!

movies can be okay...
But here's the thing.

Suspriria never needed that attention.

Neither does Jacob's Ladder.
For me, I'm only annoyed by Hollywood's remakes due to their excessiveness and motives behind them, otherwise, I'm all far someone taking material and producing their own interpretation of it, regardless if said material already has enough attention or not.

For me, I'm only annoyed by Hollywood's remakes due to their excessiveness and motives behind them, otherwise, I'm all far someone taking material and producing their own interpretation of it, regardless if said material already has enough attention or not.
But that's almost what I meant with ..well...other posts. No idea if they're in the same thread because right now I'm fuelled by red wine.

I honestl think Hollywood will care and be careful about SUSPIRIA because of the STRONG cult following. But. They'll make a mistake with Jacob's Ladder because they underestimate everything about that movie. Why do I say that? BECUASE THEY'RE REMAKING IT.

Honestly, if you've seen the movie you know it doesn't need a remake, reboot or ANYTHING. This is where Hollywood lays BARE that the're just....throwing **** against a wall to see what will stick with the remakes.

THE GOOD ONES DON'T NEED REMAKES, it's the BAD ONES, and the ONES THAT SUFFERED THE CENSOR'S KNIVES.