Co-stars Who Didn't Get Along

Tools    

But best of all Gosfield would come to the studio late claiming such excuses as that he tripped on a piece of paper!.

Duchess, that's hilarious! I've never heard that one.

Welcome to the human race...
Watched Love is a Many-Splendored Thing and am reading up on it now to find out that William Holden and Jennifer Jones hated working with each other.

God can't these primadonnas get along? They get paid to pretend to be other people on screen for big money, they have literally one of if not the easiest jobs in the world.......

and to comment on that Fifty Shades of Grey rumor it was a ****** book and idea to begin with so I don't blame any of them for being full of hate lol

Hit Girl mentioned a page or two back how John Wayne didn't get along with his True Grit co-stars. While reading her post, I remembered that he had a beef with Dennis Hopper, who also co-starred in the movie. According to an article in The Guardian, a site I've never heard of, so make of it what you will...that Hopper's "Number 4 Henchman: The Writing Henchman," who would try and brush up some of Hopper's screenplays personally...Dennis told me Wayne came looking for him with a gun, to kill him. This was because Stokely Carmichael, the black radical, had used the F-word in a speech at UCLA, where Wayne's daughter went to school. Wayne blamed Dennis for the 1960s.

I also read in an interview with Glen Campbell that Hopper was hiding from Wayne and hid out in Campbell's trailer until Wayne cooled off.

I'm not much one for politics but I find it funny that Wayne was mad at Hopper for his counter-culture lifestyle, and later in life, Hopper became a Republican just like Wayne.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that Hopper died in or near Wayne's arms in two 60's movie, The Sons of Katie Elder and True Grit.

Sorry for my bad English :p
Co-star Celeste Holm spoke about her experience with Bette Davis on the first day of the shooting of all about Eve : "I walked onto the set . . . on the first day and said, 'Good morning,' and do you know her reply? She said, 'Oh ****, good manners.' I never spoke to her again - ever."
Years later, Bette Davis said in an interview "Filming All About Eve was a very happy experience....the only bitch in the cast was Celeste Holm."

lol

Hit Girl mentioned a page or two back how John Wayne didn't get along with his True Grit co-stars. While reading her post, I remembered that he had a beef with Dennis Hopper, who also co-starred in the movie. According to an article in The Guardian, a site I've never heard of, so make of it what you will...that Hopper's "Number 4 Henchman: The Writing Henchman," who would try and brush up some of Hopper's screenplays personally...Dennis told me Wayne came looking for him with a gun, to kill him. This was because Stokely Carmichael, the black radical, had used the F-word in a speech at UCLA, where Wayne's daughter went to school. Wayne blamed Dennis for the 1960s.

I also read in an interview with Glen Campbell that Hopper was hiding from Wayne and hid out in Campbell's trailer until Wayne cooled off.

I'm not much one for politics but I find it funny that Wayne was mad at Hopper for his counter-culture lifestyle, and later in life, Hopper became a Republican just like Wayne.

I wonder if it's a coincidence that Hopper died in or near Wayne's arms in two 60's movie, The Sons of Katie Elder and True Grit.

Just to iterate, The Guardian is one of the biggest rags in Britain. They're also pretty good for a tabloid whereas most papers are full of panic mongering and bullsh*t. They've also got some pretty decent film buffs.

Apparently, Shia LaBeouf and Tom Hardy got into a fist fight during the filming of Lawless.
I still totally love the movie Lawless and both were pretty good in it

Pierce Brosnan and Teri Hatcher in Tomorrow Never Dies... Hatcher would turn up late every day, fluff her scenes numerous times, and act like a twat to everyone on set like she was something special.
They've made up since then as Hatcher was pregnant when filming I believe and Brosnan didn't know.

Just to iterate, The Guardian is one of the biggest rags in Britain. They're also pretty good for a tabloid whereas most papers are full of panic mongering and bullsh*t. They've also got some pretty decent film buffs.
The Guardian is a broadsheet newspaper, not a tabloid.

Okay, I'm getting a little confused on the newspaper descriptions. Rodent, you say that The Guardian is one of the biggest rags in Britain. And you also say that they're pretty good for a tabloid and they've got pretty good film buffs. All this leads me to believe you're defending them and not putting them down, which is good.

But MovieMad16 says "The Guardian is a broadsheet newspaper, not a tabloid." Sounds like you're defending them.

I'm not trying to stir anything up, I'm just trying to clarify what certain names mean. Here in the States, when someone says that a paper is a rag, they're usually talking about a trashy newspaper like The National Enquirer or some such, where stories like Elvis returning from the dead and marrying a Kardashian sister is the norm. But I get the feeling Rodent, that "rag" for you is an overall description of a newspaper? And I feel that the main difference for you and MovieMad16 is the word "tabloid." Again, in the States, tabloid is one of those where space aliens secretly meet with the President and discuss the economy. I'm just wondering which is which, and what is what. Help a guy out?

Tabloid only refers to the size of the pages. Moviemad was just saying that it isn't a tabloid because it isn't, he wasn't commenting on the quality of it.

Not quite sure what Rodent meant.

I meant rag as in a newspaper. To me the term "rag" is just used as a term for a newspaper rather than a piece of crap like The Sun, or The Daily Mail.

The Guardian, The Independent, The Times and The Telegraph are the ones to pay attention to if you're reading.

Ignore The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Daily Express, The Daily Star and The Daily Mirror.

Teri Hatcher used pregnancy as an excuse for her behaviour on James Bond?^^

What was her excuse in Desperate Housewives? She was exactly the same to everyone around her on that show as well. Marcia Cross was apparently singled out by Hatcher for fighting too. Hatcher would purposely target Marcia with insults and then go all "silent treatment" on her while she was talking to others on the set.

Will Smith and Jane Hubert in Fresh Prince.

Hubert was the original Aunt Viv... but Smith acted like a diva all the time which pissed Hubert off and she called him an egomaniac. So she was fired because Smith threw a tantrum.

I also read something about Martin Lawrence acting like a creep to one of his co stars on his sitcom Martin. To the point that she'd rarely film a scene with him, later they'd have to edit it in. I'll look for the article it was on Cracked.

Thanks for the comments on newspapers and what they are called. When I was growing up, trashy newspapers were also called "weekly wipes." It doesn't take make imagination to know what that means.

I don't know if it's been touched on yet, but the tension between Sidney Pollack and Dustin Hoffman on the set of Tootsie was fairly well-known. Supposedly Hoffman was not pleased with his own performance and kept wanting re-shoots and would question every decision that Pollack made, funnily enough paralleling the actions of "Michael Dorsey," Hoffman's character in the movie. If someone knows more, let me know because it's been a while since I've heard the full story.

Also, on the set of The Professionals (1966), it's been said that Burt Lancaster was furious at Lee Marvin because Marvin would go off on a drunk bender and hold up production. Lancaster was also a producer and expected, um, professionalism from everyone. I can't say I blame him, but on the same track, Burt was a producer of, and an actor in, Separate Tables (1958) and insisted that director Delbert Mann cut scenes of actress Deborah Kerr, scenes that Mann said were some of the best acting Kerr had ever done. Despite this, Kerr was nominated for Best Actress for her role.

Co-star Celeste Holm spoke about her experience with Bette Davis on the first day of the shooting of all about Eve : "I walked onto the set . . . on the first day and said, 'Good morning,' and do you know her reply? She said, 'Oh ****, good manners.' I never spoke to her again - ever."
Years later, Bette Davis said in an interview "Filming All About Eve was a very happy experience....the only bitch in the cast was Celeste Holm."

lol
This is the first I have ever heard of tension between Davis and Holm on the set of that movie...it certainly didn't show onscreen.

I read somewhere that Roger Moore punched out Lee Marvin on the set of Shout At The Devil. Marvin apparently believed Moore was a soft touch because of his polite voice, picked a fight and was laid out. Marvin is supposed to have said: " No one will mess with him again".

Yaphet Kotto seems to have form when it comes to conflict on sets. The fight with Richard Pryor in Blue Collar. Also, he would wind up Sigourney Weaver on the Alien set, taunting her during breaks. If you watch the film you can see genuine anger from Weaver when dealing with Kotto. Apparently, he did this on the instruction of Ridley Scott.who wanted to fire her up emotionally.