Chris Pratt
7.69%
3 votes
Bradley Cooper
23.08%
9 votes
Other
39 votes. You may not vote on this poll

So Spielberg is talking about continuing the franchise but recasting Indy, I for one think they should let it die with Harrison Ford but knowing Hollywood that isn't gonna happen. Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy, Parks & Recreation) & Bradley Cooper (Hangover, Limitless) are the names being thrown around so I was wondering what your opinions are on who should be the next Indiana Jones if they are so bent on making another one. Obviously we all agree they should just let the franchise die with Ford but we all know that isn't gonna happen in this day and age, and if they have to reboot it Pratt and Cooper are easily the top two choices for the role. (None of that Shia LeBeouf crap)

Obviously we all agree they should just let the franchise die with Ford but we all know that isn't gonna happen in this day and age.

I'm totally okay with reboots seeing as there have been some very good and successful ones (like the Nolan Batman films, and the new James Bond films). I'm not one to diss on reboots "just because it's a reboot".

If they do reboot it I want someone other than Spielberg directing it though.

I'm totally okay with reboots seeing as there have been some very good and successful ones (like the Nolan Batman films, and the new James Bond films). I'm not one to diss on reboots "just because it's a reboot".

If they do reboot it I want someone other than Spielberg directing it though.
Out of Cooper and Pratt I'd go with Pratt. If they do reboot it and it is good then i won't complain It just sounds like a recipe for disaster right now.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I'm all for letting the franchise rest in peace. I'm not a die hard Indy fan or anything but I can't picture the series working without Ford playing the lead. Well, I'd be willing to give Robert Downey Jr. a chance at playing Indy but if that's not an option leave the franchise alone.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I voted Chris Pratt. If anyone else gets the role it would take me awhile to see it, but for him I'll see it in the theater.

Chris Pratt would definitely be good.

Young enough that they can set it before Temple... like a Young Indiana Jones series.

I mean, they had TV series and TV movies with a younger actor once before. This can just be a big budget version of young Indy... and with a decent actor.

Chris Pratt all the way.

I'm all for letting the franchise rest in peace. I'm not a die hard Indy fan or anything but I can't picture the series working without Ford playing the lead. Well, I'd be willing to give Robert Downey Jr. a chance at playing Indy but if that's not an option leave the franchise alone.
IMO I'd rather them do at least 1 good reboot film with another actor, than let the series end on such a whimper as it did with Crystal Skull. Just my opinion.

Greatest Sidekick Ever
How about Woody Harrellson? The guy's very deserving to be in that role.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Cooper all the way. Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford, not the other way around.

That said, Cooper is a closer fit. That sneer, the charm, the wit. I like Macklin, but to chose wisely, it's Cooper.

It's been said that Harrison Ford is probably going to return.
Hopefully not; at his age it's best to either let the series die or do a reboot. He's 72 years old - by the time a new film comes out he'll be closer to 80.

If they do a reboot though, they could have the new Indiana Jones be Harrison' Ford's son and feature Harrison ford in a cameo (though NOT starring Shia LeBeouf of course).

Cooper all the way. Indiana Jones is Harrison Ford, not the other way around.

That said, Cooper is a closer fit. That sneer, the charm, the wit. I like Macklin, but to chose wisely, it's Cooper.
I think it could work with the right actor; I doubt the series would ever be as big as James Bond, but originally I'm sure there was a lot of reservation about having anyone other than Connery play the role.

Okay -- everybody STOP.

Whoever you're thinking of... it's WRONG!

I mean, HELLO???? It's 2015. There's only one WAY OBVIOUS choice here:

MELISSA McCARTHY

Like... duh!

It's time for Indiana Jones to be female!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Melissa-McCarthy-5.jpg
Views:	2275
Size:	463.7 KB
ID:	20309  

With the way Hollywood is going it wouldn't surprise me if Naomie Harris or Halle Berry played Indy.

How about Sanaa Lathan?

Indiana Jones is the type of name that could be either male or female, don't you know?!

Or what about they change it to JOANNA JONES?!

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Sorry. There's only one Indy, and that's Harrison Ford.