Filming with Fiscal, (and Those Who Want In)?

Tools    

So Fiscal, as mentioned in a previous thread, we should want to film a project together. I am indeed interested in this concept, and as I'm lowering my medications, and my mind feels more free, let's designate our films to this specific thread. However, I have a certain approach to film. I like to think of film as a science, so let's state some problems which need cinematic proofs:

1. (A project I'm currently in the middle of), Make a 5 to 10 minute film utilizing three shots and three shots only which results in continuous montage.

2. Deadite proposed a cinematic problem, a catch-22. What are its aesthetics, and how should we film it? This will help define the problem, the next step is solving it. We should bounce off ideas on how to solve it and exploit the stated aesthetic.

State, analyze, and solve the aesthetics of not just dimensional reality. But how dimensional reality relates to cinematic reality.

If you have more propositions, I'd like to engage with them.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Some more ideas:

4. Film the existential aesthetics of aesthetics. What are the aesthetics of a certain aesthetic, and how can one film it, existentially.

5. If any variable added to itself equals a greater positive variable, how would one film it?

1 + 1 = 2
2 + 2 = 4
3 + 3 = 6
4 + 4 = 8
5 + 5 = 10

"X" + "X" = "Greater 'Positive' Variable"

Semper Fooey
Didn't Hitchcock do that in Rope?

Semper Fooey
1. (A project I'm currently in the middle of), Make a 5 to 10 minute film utilizing three shots and three shots only which results in continuous montage

Not exactly that, but basically. The entire movie has few cuts.

http://www.reverseshot.com/article/rope

What the proposition is is that if a thesis, anti-thesis, and synthesis remain the same. So A is always A, as B is always B, and C is always C. Then how can one derive different interpretations from the same repeating shots. So one minute A + B = C, (C has one definition). It entirely possible that the same A + B = C, (C contains now an entirely different definition), hence A + B = C, (C being infinite).

I have no idea what you're talking about. I say up the medication.

4. Film the existential aesthetics of aesthetics. What are the aesthetics of a certain aesthetic, and how can one film it, existentially.
Whatever that is. I have never used a quote on Movie Forums before but I almost want to make that my quote.

DSM, the equations you are creating are a bit beyond me. I mean, it sounds awesome - but its nothing that I can do personally.

I can do something such as a catch-22, or a less mathematic or scientific inspired theme, but some of the stuff you are saying up there is going well over my head.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I say up the medication.
Sexy Celebrity, for someone investing so much time in preventing trolls on the boards, "I say up the medication" is a pretty d*ck thing to say - sarcasm or not.

edit: I wasn't referring to myself, I am referring to SC investing so much time in wether or not Juno and company are real.

I am so *sick* of hearing about TROLLS being everywhere on this board. This troll thing has only really recently started in the past year -- and that was mainly thanks to DexterRiley who was always chanting "Troll!" at Planet News. There are no real trolls here as far as I'm concerned. Everyone is so panicky about this now - it's annoying.

Dog Star Man said he had lowered his medications. I didn't understand what he was going on about. Maybe it's presumptuous of me to say he needs to up his medications, but what he was going on about was hard to understand -- maybe I was right?

Semper Fooey
Where is Planet New?

He could translate Dog Star Man for the rest of us.

Maybe not.

We would still need someone to translate Planet News.

I don't think anyone here is a troll either. I do think it was a very unhelpful and tactless thing for Sexy to write.

As for Dog Star's ideas: Give the guy a chance. Maybe he's still feeling them out too, so implying his process is nonsense is just needlessly cruel
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I do think it was a very unhelpful and tactless thing for Sexy to write.
Alright, don't up your medication, DSM.

Give what you would have taken to Deadite.

Alright, don't up your medication, DSM.

Give what you would have taken to Deadite.
Why are you taking shots at people in this thread? I thought we we were friends. What's your problem?

Why are you taking shots at people in this thread? I thought we we were friends. What's your problem?
Oh, honey - do you have an hour?

I didn't mean to be rude, I'm sorry. I just thought that was a great comeback. I'm still your friend.

I really have got to learn to stop apologizing to people. They just don't care.