Have you/ do you ever cry during movies?

Tools    

I can't recall myself ever crying during any movie. I don't know, but movies just don't seem to give me that feeling.

However, the ending of
WARNING: "Minor Spoiler" spoilers below
Alpha Dog
almost made me cry. Almost. That was the closest I've ever been to crying during a movie.

I let myself go when I watch a movie, cry, laugh, cheer, I do it all if the movie warrants.

yes I'm not ashamed to say as a young man I do
want a list of good ones I've completely broken down over? here goes
in no specific order
leon
6 sense
signs
a beautiful mind
Jacobs ladder [v sad ending]
finding neverland
and shawshank redemption which I copied at 4 speed once and still balled as it reached the end!

The most recent cry I had during a movie was Bridge to Terabithia.

WARNING: "BTT" spoilers below
The last part of the movie when you see how crushed Jesse is when he finds out Leslie has died is heartbreaking. The movie dragged me in from the start and made me a friend of Leslie's also and her death hurt me, and yes I cried, oh well call me a sap. Great movie though.

You ready? You look ready.
Oh yea, I cry. I cry a lot. I cry when people die, I cry when people live. It's all just tearful. I just open them flood gates and let the tears flow. Besides, don't REAL men cry?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

It's not a matter of me trying to act manly or anything. If a part of a movie made me feel sad and wanna cry, then I'd cry. But, I don't know, they just don't get to me to a point, where it controls my emotions to such an extent that I begin to cry.

Even Pay It Forward. I bet so many people cried during that movie when
WARNING: "Spoiler" spoilers below
The little kid got stabbed and died

but I didn't. I felt bad for the kid, and bad for the mother, but I knew it was a movie and wasn't real.

I don't know why Alpha Dog got to me so much. I guess the kid just really grew on me after a while, and you felt good for him, until the end.

Had a few glass eyes from movies but I've never actually cried from watching a movie.

and shawshank redemption which I copied at 4 speed once and still balled as it reached the end!
HAHAHAHA nice one

I cry at movies, but never at the sad parts! It's always during some intense crescendo. I guess being a musician I get more swept up by great soundtracks than anything else. I cried when Elliott flew past the moon in E.T., at the end of the first fight scene in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and though I hate to admit it, when Luke Skywalker blows up the Death Star. I also cry from laughing, but I guess that doesn't count either.

Quentin Tarantino said he cried watching Chungking Express, but purely because he felt like he had never seen something so wonderful. While I'm not the biggest QT fan, I can definitely relate.

yes I agree it has a lot to do with music. Music can effect emotion allot

Its totally controllable its just part of me says let it out and it'll feel better then bottling it up all the time

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I hate to cry in real life, particularly when I'm dealing with real life. It seems weak to me. I don't like to think of myself as weak or being accused of trying to manipulate and so on.

So I try not to cry at times like that. It doesn't feel emotionally safe to me. Sometimes I fail. When I'm really angry and feel I can't get through to someone particularly is difficult.

When I'm very tired and should already be asleep, I cry involuntary tears. Also when I'm gaging or impacted.

BUT I let myself go during a movie, hallmark card commercial, wife swap, Extreme home improvement and so on.

Another place that I find difficult not to cry at is live performances. I feel all that energy building up and knowing what it takes to put on a production, feeling the energy flow between the audience and the performer(s) I just can't help it.

At a Jazz club not long ago, I had a perfect Toreador kind of moment. It was art that was so emotionally touching and beautiful to me, I cried in a soft way all through the set, mesmerized.

That time I didn't even feel much embarrassment because it was just as it should have been. My tears were as much my tribute and appreciation to them as my applause.

I also cry at most weddings. That **** is so crazy emotional and stupid crazy.

Of course I cry at funerals and not just from loss but also because of how angry the BS words and ceremonies make me.

I cry a good bit, I suppose. In movies it's a safe release. I feel I have a great well of tears that needs a release valve.

crazed out movie freak
Ok, I am probably going to get laughed off this forum for this, but I got a little choked up at the end of Alpha Dog; but first let me say before the onslaught of verbal jabs come my way. This was only due to the fact that it was based on a true story, and I did some internet exploring about the true life characters of the film, and the movie took on a new meaning for me from that point on. So it was very sad because I felt very sorry for the family.
BTW: Justin Timberlake wasn't as bad as I thought he would be in this one.

It's gotten rarer over the years, but I've definitely cried at a number of movies. I saw The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring six times in theaters, and cried at the end (when Frodo pulls Sam into the boat) every single time.

I tear up during The Apostle during the scene where Sonny (Robert Duvall) places The Bible in front of the bulldozer.

I cried more than once the first time I saw Signs.

I cried a little during The Fountain, and had to fight it back several times throughout.

I cried both times I saw The Passion of the Christ.

Those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

crazed out movie freak

I tear up during The Apostle during the scene where Sonny (Robert Duvall) places The Bible in front of the bulldozer.

I cried both times I saw The Passion of the Christ.

Good choices, Duvall is brilliant in that scene.

I cried last night during Sicko, when the old woman was dropped off and wandering the street in her hospital gown. So sad...

Also after this movie, for the first time in my life I heard clapping in the theatre. This is rare in Canadian cinemas. I had no idea if I was supposed to join in or what? lmao

I'm not one to cry alot during movies however two kind of odd cases I really let go was Kevin Smith's Jersey girl and Brother Bear. Im not sure what hit home with these two movies but both had me in full tears during parts

God damnit! I'll fess up. I cried during E.T. when the alien was dying in the creek. That was the saddest thing I've ever seen. Makes me want to cry right now.

The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

has anybody seen a strait story, as some one who has a brother and knows how hard it is i found it very touching. Also another is dead man walking, what a gripping end, when he spontaneously confesses very realistic

I always cry when I watch ET! When ET *dies* and then again when he leaves...I've got a lump in my throat just thinking about it