As If More Proof Was Needed: Americans Are Morons

Tools    

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Nevermind that it's gotten horrible reviews. Forget that the first intstallment was crap. Let's all rush out and drop 132 million ****ing dollars on the even ****tier sequal to one of the most overrated summer films in recent memory.

The American public has no taste. No wonder the Shrub was elected twice.

just wait till it gets released worldwide then u gonna have to call everyone morons

u cant call people, us (those from this board that saw this movie including me) morons cuz they go to see movies

people spend way more $$$ on cars, toys, etc that doesnt make them morons you moron

I wipe my ass with your feelings
GO eat your own ****.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Originally Posted by Terminator734
just wait till it gets released worldwide then u gonna have to call everyone morons

u cant call people, us (those from this board that saw this movie including me) morons cuz they go to see movies

people spend way more $$$ on cars, toys, etc that doesnt make them morons you moron
My my, hypersensitive at 1:30 in the morning, are we?

www.forumninja.com
It's inevitable... you'll have to suffer through bad films making a lot of money.

But don't look at Americans for the majority of The Davinci Code's earnings...

I don't think Americans are uniquely stupid, but Christ, they could at least save their money for a quality summer film rather than the first crappy sequal to, ah, sail into theaters.

Originally Posted by Purandara88
My my, hypersensitive at 1:30 in the morning, are we?

um lol sorry bout that hehe

www.forumninja.com
I don't think Americans are uniquely stupid, but Christ, they could at least save their money for a quality summer film rather than the first crappy sequal to, ah, sail into theaters.
You have to admit, the first film was well reviewed. I didn't exactly love it either, but you and I are in the minority there.

Either way, it's better than Wild, Wild West making $100+ million.

This is so sad, someone has lost the feel of what having fun at the movies means. Think about it, is the every day movie-goer a pompass arse like you? Does every movie have to be akin to Django to be fun to watch? I mean seriously your weak put downs need to be shoved down your throat, you clueless bastard. Lord you are so............................................ heh you almost got me there. MOFO rage is deadly, but I can refrain. I bet you have something nice to say about Mississippi dont ya?

The first film was fun (as is the second), it's receiving mixed reviews (not "horrible" ones), and a movie doesn't have to be Casablanca to be worth a moviegoer's time and money.

Opinions stated forcefully are not arguments, nor are they in any way insightful. This thread is pointless muckraking.

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by 7thson
Clueless I say
I will agree with the "shrub" part of that statement.

That's probably for another thread...

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by Yoda
The first film was fun (as is the second), it's receiving mixed reviews (not "horrible" ones), and a movie doesn't have to be Casablanca to be worth a moviegoer's time and money.

Opinions stated forcefully are not arguments, nor are they in any way insightful. This thread is pointless muckraking.
I agree wholeheartedly. However, I can also appreciate a tireless kind of "F.U. ALL WHO ENJOYED THIS DAMN MOVIE" feeling. I think we've all been through that before. Kind of like... you see a movie, you think it's so inexplicably dumb that everyone just HAS to feel the way you do, and then you're dumbfounded to find out that other people not only liked it, but LOVED it. I can totally appreciate that kind of momentary, wreckless hatred. 'Tis human, I say.

Not that it's worth insulting a beautiful country over...

this isnt that bad its not like its the wort movie ever to make that much money i mean if u go to see it u sure as hell wont be bored
the reviews were split and even the bad reviews did give the movie a lot of credit and werent bashing on the movie completly

like 7thson people wanted to go have fun at the movies and of all movies out so far this summer this one is the most fun/ entertainig so far i mean i had more fun watching that than i did SR

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Nevermind that it's gotten horrible reviews. Forget that the first intstallment was crap. Let's all rush out and drop 132 million ****ing dollars on the even ****tier sequal to one of the most overrated summer films in recent memory.

The American public has no taste. No wonder the Shrub was elected twice.
the first one was incredibly fun, the second can't suck as badly as some reviewers will have me think so i'll definitely see it too...and probably the third part too...mainly because i had such a good time watching the first part....and yet, strangely, i'm not a moron....:-/

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So wait....George Bush was elected because people enjoy escapist Disney films? Logic has just flown RIGHT out the window here. That is one of the single most bizarre leaps I've ever heard anyone make.

And why is something instantly bad if it isn't deep and dark and thought provoking?

You really don't seem like much of a fun person. You take everything too seriously. Hanging out with you must be like being friends with a Nazi Mr. Spock.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the entirely unsubtle leap from movie-bashing to Bush-bashing. Nice try, but it doesn't work for me.

If nothing else:

Austruck = voted for Bush
Austruck = didn't see POTC/DMC

Huh. Go figger.

I'm in the U.K and intend to watch it.
I 'enjoy' my movies they don't all have to be masterpieces to have fun with them.

Originally Posted by 7thson
This is so sad, someone has lost the feel of what having fun at the movies means.
How the hell can you have fun watching 151 minutes of badly acted, silly looking crap with no story, no resolution and no reason to be (other than mining the depths of the pockets of idiots, that is)?

And the best (or worst) part is, after watching Johnny Depp ham and haw and generally act like a teenage wannabe in his first improv troupe, the American public will once again complain when the Oscar actually goes to someone moderately deserving.

Originally Posted by Yoda
The first film was fun (as is the second), it's receiving mixed reviews (not "horrible" ones),
If by 'mixed' reviews you mean that some reviewers believe it is mediocre while others think it's total crap, I suppose you could almost support that argument. On the other hand, genuinely positive reviews are mighty scarce on the ground.

and a movie doesn't have to be Casablanca to be worth a moviegoer's time and money.
At 10 bucks at ticket? It better be AT LEAST that good.

I've never understood the point of wasting time and money on movies that aren't thought provoking, or at least once a decade entertaining. There's 80+ years of great movies to be watched for two bucks on rental, why spend 10 bucks a pop (and another 10 for candy and a drink, since there's no ****ing way you can sit through a 151 minute film without a little snack) on a film that aspires to mediocrity.

**** you. I'm right and everyone else is wrong. It's not MY fault you're a bunch of mouth-breathing retards unwilling to admit my manifest superiority.

But don't worry, you'll be the first in the ovens when I rule the world.